Cool Want to start making raid videos

I've decided to start making guild videos for heroic kills. Was just wondering what programs the top guilds are using to do all their titles and what they are using to record their fights...

Are they just running fraps? and if so at what settings

What type of video editing software?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on these questions. <3

They use fraps, that's all I know. Video editing software try sony vegas or adobe premiere .

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) It's mostly fraps - Not sure upon settings however if it would help if you can give us your System specs to reflect the fraps thing.
    1) Many use Vegas pro, Least I use it personally

I record in Fraps and edit in After Effects.

Bandicam is quite good as well.

Record using fraps, add in sexy visual edits created with After Effects, render with audio in Vegas Pro.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I will definately look into that my comps specs are

AMD Phenom II x4 965 processor 3.40 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    64 BIT OS
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 1.5GB

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 06:50 PM ----------

Also to note just dl'd a full fraps tried to use it in a bg my fps dropd from 60 fps to 22 fps...

I use FRAPS to capture, Adobe Premiere + After Effects to sequence and product the finished video file.

FRAPs Settings (Movies tab):
    Video Capture Settings: Custom [40 ]
    (*) Half-size
    Loop buffer length [ 30] seconds

All other settings to the RIGHT side of that are disabled (I don't capture audio as I put music/etc in afterwards)

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Also to note just dl'd a full fraps tried to use it in a bg my fps dropd from 60 fps to 22 fps...
    Fraps will limit your fps while recording, to try and spare your computer a mild hell since it records and saved completely uncompressed (read: huge files get made), I believe at default it puts you down to 29.97 or 30 fps, but you can always change that, if you fear it effects your gameplay or you want an ultra smooth video file.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not from a top guild or anything, but I use Xfire to record, It's free, easy to use and I record and upload in 1080p with ease.