Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1 small misstake shouldn't make you fail, its just realy BS why can't they do like 5 misstakes and you failed..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Step away from the keyboard!

On-topic, you always seem to fail on driving test 1st time. Just so they can rank inn more money (All countries pays a fee right?), I know conspiracy and blablabla... but it seems alot fail it.
    They don't fail you because they want to make more money. He didn't yield to a pedestrian, plain and simple. Perhaps most fail it because they don't take driving serious enough. The reason most new drivers get into accidents is because they have the mentality of knowing it all. Something simple like this and you get burned. Look on the bright side OP, at least this wasn't a real world experience where you actually ran over a pedestrian because you didn't yield and then you get charged with manslaughter (yes, extreme example but you're behind the wheel of a very dangerous piece of machinery - don't take it as lightly as you sound you do).

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    1 small misstake shouldn't make you fail, its just realy BS why can't they do like 5 misstakes and you failed..
    because some mistakes may cost people's lives
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

You shoudl haev fuckign raged at him and fucking knock him in his head thats what i did fucking let me fil for 1 misstake fuck that i fucking kill him if i wanted
    You should never be allowed to drive a car, or interact with society for that matter.

Deleted
    Some guys seems to be having issues with interpretating the size of the road and I'll try to describe it.

I came from a crosspoint where there was a crosswalk right next to it. The road itself has 4 lanes, 2 in each direction. Is a quite bussy road.

And also I'm from Belgium, "miles away" is just something that gets said so many times. Let's say he was 20 meters away from my car.

You shoudl haev fuckign raged at him and fucking knock him in his head thats what i did fucking let me fil for 1 misstake fuck that i fucking kill him if i wanted
    Sounds like the same happened to this guy lolol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    so... you manage to analyse his post in such detail that you notice the American idiomatic expression "was miles away" but you fail to notice the "Location: Belgium" under his avatar? :P found this a bit amusing.
    I made a guess. You can find that amusing if you like.

Pedestrians dont have right of way, unless on a designated crossing point.

In fact, you can get in trouble for crossing a road anywhere but a designated crossing point.

However, If tha pedestrian had decided to speed up and try and beat you, You could have hit him. Killing him.

People are stupid, never underestimate their abilities to screw up.

Cause believe me, They do, and usually, you get the blame for it

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isnt that you were right or wrong. You hesitated, and when you hesitated you chose your own driving skills over the pedestrian. I bet the pedestrian never even noticed it. In life you don't take unnecessary or uncalculated risks. On the day of your driving exam you take no risks at all.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but what?
    you are supposed to make NO MISTAKES in traffic.
    "whoops, I didn't look left going into this roundabout creating a car crash involving 5 vehicles, my bad!"
    "whoops, I was supposed to yield to traffic joining from the right? sorry that I just kept going even tho you expected me to break and killed you and your wife!"
    "whoops, that was a red light? oh no matter it's not li *splat*"

Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    Pedestrians dont have right of way
    actually, even if they don't have right of way you still have to stop for them, otherwise you get charged with manslaughter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I made a guess. You can find that amusing if you like.
    It's no problem man, I understand the confusion. But in Belgium the rule by law is aswell that once a pedestrian goes to a crosswalk or is on it you should stop. But yeah such things can always be so tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoww View Post
    And also I'm from Belgium, "miles away" is just something that gets said so many times. Let's say he was 20 meters away from my car.
    20 meters is a real short distance. The instructor was in every right to fail you.

Dude what were you thinking?!
    A little inconvenience or maim/ possible death to a pedestrian. Real tough choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoww View Post
    It's no problem man, I understand the confusion. But in Belgium the rule by law is aswell that once a pedestrian goes to a crosswalk or is on it you should stop. But yeah such things can always be so tricky.
    "pedestrian at crosswalk or with obvious intent to cross? stop"
    "no pedestrian at crosswalk? drive"

not sure how that is tricky, no offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it this way: in Germany the test lasts a specific time. The more you wait at red lights, crosswalks and in traffic jams, the less likely it is for you to make a mistake on an open road.

You can make smaller mistakes like messing up with the clutch and stopping the engine (1, 2 times that is) or taking the turn a little square or standing a little to close to the car in front at a light.
    But anything that can endanger another person is auto fail.

Thats how my teacher explained it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    As a pedestrian in Chicago, if this is your attitude I'm glad they failed you.
    lol yeah. Pedestrians win, always (as long as they are in a crosswalk, and I think sometimes even when they're not - not 100% on that). He should have failed you for it. Sorry, people not stopping for individuals in a crosswalk is one of my pet peeves. And don't worry about "holding up traffic," they're supposed to stop and generally if you stop others will too. If people behind you are screaming they're fool heads off for you doing something that you are supposed to do, screw 'em they're asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better luck next time bud, Even if they are crossing the street illegally you still need to stop for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evoco View Post
    and I think sometimes even when they're not - not 100% on that
    so... if they're not at a crosswalk you'd rather just run them over? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    "pedestrian at crosswalk or with obvious intent to cross? stop"
    "no pedestrian at crosswalk? drive"

not sure how that is tricky, no offense.
    Well yeah, traffic is always tricky and you can never be 100% sure of what someone will do. It was a very bussy road and my intention was, ok I have time to move on and the one behind me should have noticed the pedestrian already and he can have the time to stop for the pedestrian in stead of me stopping aggressive. Can you see my perspective of the situation? I know it's somewhat against the rules, but it surely didn't happen because I didn't noticed him, I just thought I'd do good.

At the end, a pedestrian shouldn't think he can do whatever he want right? He should be watching out as much as we do. Ofcourse I ride the car and there's the mistake from my side. But still it didn't interupted the traffic. And that's how it goes in the real world in my opinion.

Pedestrians are like the freaking Holy Grail on the road... you MUST STOP even if there is one just sitting there and not even trying to cross the street. I was lucky on my driver's test (it was raining like fuck) so no pedestrians whatsoever. So, uhm, once more... you see one of those bastards you stop.