Warlock Help for a friend.

A friend of mine has recently begun raiding on his Warlock. He raids primarily as Aff, though occasionally as Demo (though for the sake of this, assume he plays Aff almost exclusively.) He has been playing for a long time, but after a break during WotlK, has come back recently and rolled this lock. Currently he is in norm modes, but will be progressing into HM's soon, once he gets into the guild that myself and a bunch of friends are forming.

Anyway, the point is, is that he is unhappy with his DPS, at his current gear level, he is pulling about 22-25k on most norm mode fights and feels this is a bit low. Skill in playing is not an issue, he has played at the top level for years, before taking a break, though class specific knowledge may not be 100%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...5narchy/simple

^^ What I know is this: He is aware that he helm is bad, and has been looking to replace it for weeks.
    His rotation is correct according to sticky in these forums, though there may be periods of movement where DoTs fall off momentarily.
    He does not have and WoL info, as he is pugging or working with other guilds until we get ours sorted. I know that it is very hard to give solid advice without the WoL, but if you could give any advice in regards to gearing, or just some general tips that may not be in the sticky or something, it would be greatly appreciated by him and myself.

Thanks all

With this gear and that overhit amount (reforge it ASAP) he's doing really well.

Well Ill just throw this in before the lock.

Make him go Demo as affliction right now is the lowest DPS spec no matter what YOU do.
    Get Reforgelite from curse and then start to learn demo rotation.
    at 387 demo myself atm Im hovering around 30k on movement fights and 33ish for patchwork fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcifal View Post
    Well Ill just throw this in before the lock.

Make him go Demo as affliction right now is the lowest DPS spec no matter what YOU do.
    Get Reforgelite from curse and then start to learn demo rotation.
    at 387 demo myself atm Im hovering around 30k on movement fights and 33ish for patchwork fights.
    What this guy said.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Some quick things. In no particular order.

1) Get some professions. He is losing quite a bit of free extra stats.
    2) Foul Gift is one of the worst trinkets for demo. Have him replace with Moon Well Chalice from Molten Front Dailies.
    3) Consider getting crafted bracers.
    4) Prioritize getting 2pc t13 asap with 4pc soon to follow. Even if he has to run LFR w/ people on the same token and pass loot.

So first of all , if he's affi mainly , then why has he reforged tons to mastery , which the least wanted stat for affi? 2nd , he misses SIX glyphs in demo spec , and he has talents that arent required. Quite some cheap enchants , and the Bottled Whishes trinket is just worthless for any spec. And , only 16 mastery points is very low for demo , i was on 20 during FL. And , as said above , the foul gift trinket is very bad because you only want that mastery bonus when you go into meta form , or when you pop DG , so tell him to farm the MWC. Another reason why the foul gift sucks is because you cant controle when it procs , and you cant get proc before the fight starts , and you MUST have the buff before you go into meta , otherwise it wont affect his meta at all.

edit: also , 0 proffesions and if he plans to stay demo he needs to reforge crit to mastery in his gloves.
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2012-01-22 at 01:16 PM.