It's the little things that are making me angry...

So I am in Alderaan on my level 30 Juggernaut playing with my wife. We are doing the heroic quest "Assault on Fort Alde". We are slowly taking down one of the big champion mobs and a Trooper shows up and starts funneling heals into it. They don't get flagged. I can't do anything about it, whether they had something to do about or not a patrol aggros on us that shouldn't have and the CC runs up. This fight takes over five times longer than it should have because this player just sat there harassing us.

So of course I submit a ticket write it up include information because their Customer Service is incompetent. "Error submitting ticket" now I can't even open up the window again.

So I try the forums write up a few paragraphs detailing the issue with the ticket window. "Server is busy won't load!" all of it is lost.

I suppose it's just as well because I know for a fact I'd get an email fromt he customer support team about the ticket asking for screenshots or some other garbage.

I'm just venting because it's almost like they are TRYING to piss me off. Why is their customer service completely ignorant about the game and the english language? Why are their forums always crashing? They had a bigger budget than any game in history!

Even if CS was competent, I doubt they would do anything about your case. The action seems too minor to actually warrant even a warning, imo.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately budget =/= great at everything. Believe me I am not pushing you off to the side with a wave of my hand I just wanted to make sure forum members understand that as a simple statement.

Well, as you're not on PvP server (You said he wasn't tagged) it "could" be deemed as PvP harassment, if indirectly. But as Vizzle said the likelihood of them acting on this is slim. I'd just put it down to a griefing 12 year old that thought it was funny.

On a PvP server, you could've stomped him and then killed the npc ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Well, as you're not on PvP server (You said he wasn't tagged) it "could" be deemed as PvP harassment, if indirectly. But as Vizzle said the likelihood of them acting on this is slim. I'd just put it down to a griefing 12 year old that thought it was funny.

On a PvP server, you could've stomped him and then killed the npc ;p
    I think the Alde area is "safe" for republic players, isn't it? That is, even on a pvp server you get unflagged after a couple minutes being there. Could be wrong.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what the person did. They should get flagged for entering combat though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I'm actually guilty of doing this myself, except I was actually flagged while doing it. I'd only consider it exploitative if they do not flag themselves.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the fact that people sit here and claim to know what would happen with CS. Frankly to me this seems like an unintended bug. Allowing someone to heal something engaged in cross faction combat should flag you like it does when you heal or buff a player who is flagged. I do not see how this should be any different with an enemy player.

On a side note I do not think they would have done anything to the player per se but I do think them knowing this issue exists may get a fix for it in the works if it does in fact go against the rest of the flagging rules that seem to apply to the players.

Wow, i misread that and thought he was healing you guys... That's a jerkoff thing he did - but at the same time it seems legit (if you are on a pvp server?) I guess I would've said somethign in general as to where you were and you need help because a douche 'pub' was messing with you. On my server - 10 people wouldve shown up because there is an unquenchable bloodlust for repubs on my server. If you are on PvE server I say this is a problem that needs to be looked at... at the very least interacting with that in fight mob should have flagged your Repub friend.

As far as the technical problems with submitting a ticket - that just sucks and hopefully will be fixed soon. I too believe a ticket would have done nothing for your cause. But, it is a problem if you are on a pve server and this happens and there is no effect to the repub.

There is a bit of irony here - in wow it's always the pvp servers that have douches running around ganking and trying to mess with the opposing faction. Seems like the opposite is true in swtor - being on a pvp server, all ive seen is fighting between factions. And in your story seems being on a Pve server people can F with you.
    Last edited by salamala; 2012-01-21 at 09:54 PM.