Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Blizzard needs to get Rogues under control

I play a warrior as my main. I find all the other classes balanced (eg. I can compete with them), but Rogues seem to be unkillable killing machines. Honestly, how can a rogue triple-backstab me in arena for 3x 31k? I have 4.7k resilience and -47% physical damage via armor..
    Their stuns and effects seem not to have Diminishing returns, judging by the fact after I am stun-locked for 6 seconds I can be blinded for 7 seconds..

Rogues do not take damage because of their 30 second evasion, yes I can overpower them for 10k but that's it.. 4 seconds cooldown (if I am not disarmed between the stunlocks).

/intelligence discussion

Deleted
    Wait for mists. Strange things always happen balance wise in end tiers.

I've never had this happen to me on my 4.3k resil warrior.
    Yes rogues are annoying but I've never felt like they were overpowered against me.

It is annoying how they can do all those stuns and then blind, and then stun again etc, but that is just part of their class I guess.

And it doesn't help that warriors aren't in the greatest of places atm.

is this just a QQ thread or do you actually want us to discuss?

Ok first of all link to your profile in your pvp gear because if you have 4.7k resi backstab is not gonna crit for anything close to 31k....

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaliciouz View Post
    Ok first of all link to your profile in your pvp gear because if you have 4.7k resi backstab is not gonna crit for anything close to 31k....
    This man speaks truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find weakness bypass 70% of your armor, just run!
    There are some warriors that kill me faster than I can click sprint or even vanish.
    I'm rogue and I suck at pvp, let's duel.

Deleted
    just w8 til more and more rogues get the legandary daggers

Deleted
    Vial and daggers set aside, the 70% armor pen is so godlike that damage needs to be evened out from Shadow Dance/Stealth.

Perhaps drop to 40 or 50% and increase damage of backstab and ambush slightly to compensate.

I'm not gonna lie dude. Rogues are a little ridiculous lol. I'm not just saying that because I judge from 1v1 or from what I see in BGs. I seriously think it. Sure it takes some skill and with skill they can do amazing things, but even with slight skill their damage is ridiculous and it seems they have a tool for everything.

I don't think they should hard nerf them, I'm not sure what they should do. Surely the Legendary questline made this a "real" problem instead of just a complaint, easy access for all Rogues to quick great daggers. Without them Rogues would be okay, but with t1 legendaries they sure could use a slight PVP nerf.

Deleted
    its funny ya know

if you look at the threads its
    thread 1 'omfg rogues are op'
    thread 2 'omfg ferals are op'
    thread 3 'omfg mages are op'
    thread 4 'omfg blood is op'
    thread 5 'omfg elesham is op'

GG to all you posters today
    L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Nigoki View Post
    Find weakness bypass 70% of your armor, just run!
    There are some warriors that kill me faster than I can click sprint or even vanish.
    I'm rogue and I suck at pvp, let's duel.
    Now theres your problem.
    about the rogue thing, yeah its op w/ the daggers+weakness armor+vial >.>

I would like to see all PVE Proc items no longer proc against players. This would make PVP more about skill than gear again. Rogues used to PO me as well as a FR DK. I just learned how to fight them and it's not as bad.

Deleted
    31k Is exaggerating abit, and yea, rogues are ridiculously OP mostly because of PvE gear but since it pvp blizzard wont care about changing it until MoP. Best thing to do if you only want to PvP is to cancel your sub and hope that MoP will improve this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaliciouz View Post
    I'm no Warrior, but I'll link to mine.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orbid/advanced

4852 resilience, but that doesn't stop me from getting a solid third to a half of my life taken out in the course of one stun. It's madness, and this is before pretty much anyone has a Legendary.

Warriors are the most underpowered class in arenas atm instead of asking for nerfs to other classes you sshould be requesting some buffs, my warrior was my main for the last patch in this patch he isnt simply because i get owned by EVERYSINGLE CLASS/SPEC in the game not just rogues, and yeah a rogue is my main for pvp in this patch i have never done 30k+ hits against a plate class, you are exaggerating...

That you find the rest of the classes balanced to play against is simply a lie, as a warrior you cant beat anything or even put pressure on anything but shamans, look at all the top warriors right now they are at most 2k-2.2k rated because they are not viable after that.

and rogues are super op 1v1, as far as im concerned just fire mages are better 1v1 but anyways the game is not balanced 1v1 so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I play a warrior as my main. I find all the other classes balanced (eg. I can compete with them), but Rogues seem to be unkillable killing machines. Honestly, how can a rogue triple-backstab me in arena for 3x 31k? I have 4.7k resilience and -47% physical damage via armor..
    Their stuns and effects seem not to have Diminishing returns, judging by the fact after I am stun-locked for 6 seconds I can be blinded for 7 seconds..

Rogues do not take damage because of their 30 second evasion, yes I can overpower them for 10k but that's it.. 4 seconds cooldown (if I am not disarmed between the stunlocks).

/intelligence discussion
    You can be stunlocked for 9 seconds (in best situation) and blinded for 8 seconds btw, there is diminishing returns though. Blind, Sap+Gouge and stuns are just on
    different drs. There is no 30 sec Evasion. 3x31k Backstab (or even Ambush) is not possible. Not even with legendaries.

Judginging by this you must be trolling or really frustrated (I would understand both for playing a warrior in PvP).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way that the rogue could of hit you for 31k x3 times with 4.7 Resilience give us your armory for credibility but atm you are just seriously overdoing it here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nigoki View Post
    find weakness bypass 70% of your armor, just run!
    There are some warriors that kill me faster than i can click sprint or even vanish.
    I'm rogue and i suck at pvp, let's duel.
    o yeah let's outrun a rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    just w8 til more and more rogues get the legandary daggers
    I was going to say this as well but it seems i have been beaten to the punch. Really though, imagine what a legendary rogue is going to do damage wise.

On topic though when you said none of their stuns go on DR and then they can Blind you for 7 seconds that couldnt be further from the truth. All classes CCs go on some sort of DR. The days of 'stunlocks' are far gone, if you really do have 4.7k resilience i sincerely doubt that a backstab will hit you for 30k+, unless they are under the effects of some sort of trinket CD and they have their 70% armor penetration. What i am trying to say is that ANY class is going to hit you extremely hard while they have CDs active. If however you can be hit for 3x31k= 93,000 damage during one stun rotation i think instead of spending the time writing this post you should instead be figuring out how to avoid something like that. I.e- Trinket, never let them get behind you, class CDs that remove or prevent CC etc....