Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah wasn't trying to imply those specs as a fact, though I believe the 32 ROPs is correct. The 705MHz rumor comes from VR-Zone, which also says that dynamic core clocks go from 300 to 950 MHz.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskEd View Post
    NDA is a bitch

All he could say was that those clocks are wrong but in what direction.. I guess we need to figure out ourselves. But i doubt its less than 705 ^^
    Is "he" part of the NDA too, or would you tell us/link to who it is?

Deleted
    ---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 05:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Yeah wasn't trying to imply those specs as a fact, though I believe the 32 ROPs is correct. The 705MHz rumor comes from VR-Zone, which also says that dynamic core clocks go from 300 to 950 MHz.
    I know mate, 80% of the stuff that leaks out seems to be pure guesses so far.. The 20% facts are the obvious ones, how much memory and memory bandwidth.

Funny thing is that its the same guys over and over who leak these false numbers. In a hope of site hits i guess? But everyday they change their story and fix the "fact" benchmarks they are providing. It was so much better few years ago, when a leak actually gave a hint to at what direction to go. But now, you cant have any trust on them whatsoever just cause of few people who decide to post this fake crap.

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 05:55 PM ----------

I hope you managed to read what i posted earlier since i somehow removed it...

But ill say it again that

He is working on the local site that is focused on computer hardware and i dont wanna reveal anything more so i dont get him into trouble cause of me. But you can find him around San Francisco if you wanna try to squeeze more info out of him

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 08:04 PM ----------

Also worth mentioning, it does not have the hotclocks from fermi based cards. The clocks are wrong, i guess they are alot higher like 950 something other than that i do not know yet. Since finding out most of the rumours are fake and bullshit i have bursted into a waiting mode myself and im actually exited about this release. I hope it lives up to the expectations.
    Last edited by mmoc59753647e9; 2012-03-11 at 05:47 PM.

I hope the NDA is over soon. I want some damned benchmarks already.

That said, the GK110 was previously rumored to be 40-45% faster than the HD 7970. Considering this is the GK104 apparently being released with the new cards, instead, I'm curious if it's going to be a tighter race.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://videocardz.com/30951/nvidia-g...ilable-for-549

If the pricing is right I imagine we'll see performance within a few percent of the 7970. If it was to smash the 7970 I'd expect a higher price, but you never know. Also a *lower TDP than the 7970 which is surprising giving Nvidia's history of pushing their hardware. Perhaps the headroom isn't there on the process currently?

edit: Just dawned on me. They may have a 680ti in the works, and the current 680 was not meant to be the highest kepler. The lower TDP just throws me off so much. Perhaps different methods of measurement?
    Last edited by dicertification; 2012-03-13 at 05:15 PM. Reason: *lower instead of higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I hope the NDA is over soon. I want some damned benchmarks already.
    Ugh, me too. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm not expecting anything amazing, but it would be nice to see NVIDIA get back in the game, they've been slipping lately. =P

Honestly, if nVidia's cards aren't more than a few % ahead then I'm more than a little buzzkilled. >.>

Deleted
    It will be tighter race than 40-45% but not the 3-6% i was speculating before. Now im sure it will be faster but not by that much. 3-12% sounds more realistic to me. Also, dont start staying wake all nights in hopes of NDA to stop just yet o.-

http://muropaketti.com/toimitus-ja-b...ssa-nvidian-ke

Gotta say i like nvidia style though. AMD gave away belt puckle with their bulldozer test chip, thats gotta be a reference to something which i hope you will understand, since i dunno how to explain it in english
    Last edited by mmoc59753647e9; 2012-03-13 at 05:35 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Giving away cookies....

I'm sorry but that's just lame. As lame or lamer than the belt buckle thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Giving away cookies....
    I... guess they think the fans are... cute...?

Deleted
    I hope there is a cookie on the retail box, or im gonna skip this series and never look nvidias products again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://videocardz.com/30951/nvidia-g...ilable-for-549

If the pricing is right I imagine we'll see performance within a few percent of the 7970. If it was to smash the 7970 I'd expect a higher price, but you never know. Also a *lower TDP than the 7970 which is surprising giving Nvidia's history of pushing their hardware. Perhaps the headroom isn't there on the process currently?

edit: Just dawned on me. They may have a 680ti in the works, and the current 680 was not meant to be the highest kepler. The lower TDP just throws me off so much. Perhaps different methods of measurement?
    Considering Nvidia is always more expensive then AMD, whether their products are drastically more powerful or not, their prices will be higher. Besides, AMD could just pull the rug out from under Nvidia's feet and price drop all their current models.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering Nvidia is always more expensive then AMD, whether their products are drastically more powerful or not, their prices will be higher. Besides, AMD could just pull the rug out from under Nvidia's feet and price drop all their current models.
    AMD has no reason to drop prices if the Nvidia card debuts at $550. I have no reason to believe it will outperform an HD 7970 when it has a smaller die and only a 2GB/256-bit framebuffer. If anything the GTX 680 should be the one that's cheaper.

What I'm confused about, is what card is even 'supposed' to be released on March 23rd. GTX 670 Ti or GTX 680? I hear very conflicting things about both, and their names just randomly slapped on whichever fits best atm.

I've only seen the leaked pictures on the GTX 670 Ti.
    But yes. I also believe nVidia has more powerful things, since I read somewhere that the highest end cards would be released toward the end of the year.
    As well as AMD potentially having their new series out by then as well.

Don't recall who or when (and too lazy to dig now), but someone proposed that nVidia is going to release cards based on the GK104 first as their 600 series and save the GK110 for the 700 series, meanwhile AMD are also probably throwing something into the mix.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Waaaait a minute. Where exactly has AMD been always cheaper than NVidia? I'd say they're about even, the only grounds we really have to even ponder this idea is the 580, but that's a special card that AMD simply never made competition for, the 6970 and 570 are about evenly matched, same with the 560 Ti and 6950.

Then you have the 590 and 6990, the 6990 was slightly better, but they were still about evenly matched, as I recall, or I think the 6990 may have been more expensive.

Hell searching 6950 on newegg and 560 Ti, seems like AMD's card is a little more pricey.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Don't recall who or when (and too lazy to dig now), but someone proposed that nVidia is going to release cards based on the GK104 first as their 600 series and save the GK110 for the 700 series, meanwhile AMD are also probably throwing something into the mix.
    Read that aswell, which would mean (imo) that we will get another 480 --> 580 thing. Not so much as in to much heat and power usage, but more towards graphical power. Seeing as the original plan was that the gk104 would be the main stream card (660) and the gk110 would be high end (670/680) (if i remember correctly tho, cause vaguely i remember seeing the high end with a lower number (such as 104) than the mainstream (such as 110). Anyway im curious as to what will be launched, but im not expecting any miracles

@ deltrus (cant seem to proper qoute it, within an edit)
    Look back a couple of more series 4xxx and 5xxx, AMD was cheaper back then, launching the 5870 for about 300 dollar i think it was.

Well, someone made mention that a new Ultrabook came with a Kepler, albeit a mobile chip. It was the 640M, apparently based on GK107.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5672/a...e-kepler-verge

Well, someone made mention that a new Ultrabook came with a Kepler, albeit a mobile chip. It was the 640M, apparently based on GK107.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5672/a...e-kepler-verge
    Apart from that being a notebook, it looks like it does.

That's the first Kepler 600-series I've seen. (I think the previous ones I've seen have been a shrunk fermi)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Apart from that being a notebook,
    Derp, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    That's the first Kepler 600-series I've seen. (I think the previous ones I've seen have been a shrunk fermi)
    Yeah, though I'm basically just echoing another post on a different forum. My lack of interest in laptops as a whole has lead me to not read the article in much depth. xD