Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So, what do you want in the Collector's Edition?

All I want is:

Soundtrack
    Art Book
    Making of DVD
    Authenticator

Anything else is just a bonus.

Some neat ingame item to acknowledge your purchase would be nice :]

never played GW, is there like tabards in the game? if so that would be awesome with a "special" tabard upon buying the C.E
    Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

- Early game access <- want so bad! Game NOW!
    - Exclusive costume pieces
    - Exclusive pets
    - Divine Aura
    - A VIP area or special access vendors
    - Authenticator

Soundtrack and artbook are probably a given.

10+ Year Old Account
    15ft tall inflatable golem.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruii View Post
    Some neat ingame item to acknowledge your purchase would be nice :]

never played GW, is there like tabards in the game? if so that would be awesome with a "special" tabard upon buying the C.E
    There's a back slot in the character sheet, cloaks are a given among other things.

Mif beat me to it hehe
    race/prof specific items. asura golem. ohhh....Destiny's Edge mini pet char based on ur race nom.
    Something shiny that says look at me I've got the amazing CE
    Mini Colin pet.
    Artwork
    Title would be cool.

A music box that has a dragon sculpture in it that rotates when you open it and plays a little teeny tiny music box version of the man theme song...yes I would pay good money for that.

I might by the collectors edition if the game is released over the summer break but if its released while im still in school i wont get it. I have never got a collectors edition of anything in my life but i might get this one just to show my brother how awesome this game looks.

I'm hoping to open it and receive the power to convince other MMO fans to try GW2 and fall in love with it so I can kill them in WvWvW PvP...or join with them if they're on my server I suppose.

The soundtrack. Anything else will just be a bonus.

And the game, I guess.

Not too many in game stuff I hope actually. It tends to get boring when you see everyone in the starting zones running around with all the same pet/aura/whatever. At least, that's how I felt in Rift when everyone had a turtle mount.

Forgot soundtrack. Definitely a must have. That guy is brilliant...as someone recently said the John Williams of gaming.

A significant lack of exclusive access to in-game items, even if they are cosmetic. It would bother me if people got access to special items just because they bought the game a certain way.

I would like to see the basics, though, you know: Art book, Soundtrack (especially!), perhaps a little lore manual. It'd be pretty cool if they through in a little figurine, too. Maybe a Charr Plushy!

All I want is an artbook. That's it.

But the artbook must have ALL the artwork done for the game. Every single piece.

DO WANT

- Fairly large, high quality art book
    - Soundtrack
    - 3x4 ft detailed map of the game world
    - Book of the lore of GW1

DO NOT WANT

- In game items. Even if cosmetic, in-game items from collector's editions piss me off. Not exactly sure why.
    - IRL Statue/Figurine. These are unnecessary in my opinion, and only jack up the price even more.

Costume pieces
    Pets
    Soundtrack
    Art book
    Authenticator
    Lore book
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

10+ Year Old Account
    In game items/stuff. I would literally throw any kind of physical items away. Not really the type of person to have anything game related around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    In game items/stuff. I would literally throw any kind of physical items away. Not really the type of person to have anything game related around the house.
    LOL yea, I usually don't even look at the physical trinkets more than once. They just sit in the box in the closet.

Diablo 3 skull in my living room? Yar, no thanks. But do want those in-game wings. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    LOL yea, I usually don't even look at the physical trinkets more than once. They just sit in the box in the closet.

Diablo 3 skull in my living room? Yar, no thanks. But do want those in-game wings. ;D
    lol...idd. Makes me a bit embarassed when non-gamers visit the house. I'm over 30, and don't really want that sitting next to a nice vase when I invite the boss round for dinner lol.
    The plush is different, I'll claim that's the wife's