Poll: What kind of gamer are you?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll complete a game, put it away for a while and then probably play it again if I like it. Bioware games are like drugs to me because the story is different each time I play through. Currently finishing ME1 for the 13th time, with DA:O being played 9 times. Also, every time a pokemon game comes out I have to complete it with each starter pokemon. Achievements doing nothing for me, I've never been a completist when it comes to collecting banners in assassins Creed or stuff like that.

I dont really agree with that poll
    The top 3 are all quite hardcore, even the casual one is more hardcore than I am..

I'm a mix of casual, gamer and completionist. When I play a game, I'll beat it if I like it. If I love the game, though. I'll replay it and then strive for 100% as best I can. I also tend to try and get the best possible weapon/armor in a video game. Final Fantasy is a clear sign. I REFUSE to take on the final boss until EVERYONE has their ultimate weapon and after I defeat the optional super-boss. I just can't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would put casual for mmos, and then hardcore for anything involving serious pvp, like LoL or sc2.

Maybe not hardcore, but a lot higher than your average gamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually play though once and then go back and do everything in a game that I can such as alternate endings/choices, play as every character, try out different secrets/cheats/hidden stuff/special items/gamegenie/shark codes/glitches, unlock all things in a game that I can, play at highest difficulty and collect all trophies/achievements with the small exception of the majority of multiplayer ones that are fairly luck/team based(which personally I think they should be separate from single player achivements like how they were in Duke Nukem Forever).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I will work for 100% until my eyes bleed. I recently finished getting my last achievement in a game called Too Human. Oh god, it took so long. The grinding, it was, it was, oh I don't even know how to fuckin explain it. I'd have rather leveled from 1-85 10 times in wow without any xp increasing things, via only grinding. Fuck that 7 piece elite armor set.
    Know how you feel! gave up for a long time and returned to get it! ><

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 10:04 AM ----------

Both Batman Games, i HAD to have 100% those damn Riddler Trophies.....

Deleted
    Hard mode all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrux View Post
    I dont really agree with that poll
    The top 3 are all quite hardcore, even the casual one is more hardcore than I am..
    Beating a game isn't hardcore. Is expected for almost all players who bought the game to beat it fairly easily, because that's the whole point. The target audience must be able to beat it on normal mode or not many people would buy it cos it's "too hard".
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

We probably play different games then, I havent actually completed that many games that I can remember.. Deus Ex HR was the last I completed, Uncharted 3 will be the next. I completed Battlefield 3 campaign, but usually I just play games for 20mins to an hour, Multiplayer stuff.. just for purely pointless fun

I beat all of the games I had. Sometimes on multiple difficulties. The one game I have yet to beat is Soul Caliber 4, as I am stuck on the tower of lost souls level 46(King of the physical realm). That level is just insane. I have beaten every characters "story" mode multiple times though.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrux View Post
    We probably play different games then, I havent actually completed that many games that I can remember.. Deus Ex HR was the last I completed, Uncharted 3 will be the next. I completed Battlefield 3 campaign, but usually I just play games for 20mins to an hour, Multiplayer stuff.. just for purely pointless fun
    Maybe you are just casual then. Casual gamers don't usually beat every game they get their hands on. Casual players is what the word exactly means, they play games ocasionally to have some fun, but no more than that. They don't care if they beat single player games or if they want to get better at online games either.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Completionist all the way.

Always try to collect everything I can and get that last trophy. Dunno why but I had more ambition to get everything back when there weren't any trophies or achievments... I had my own personal goal rather then just to get a flashy icon to show off to others. Always ended up replaying levels in old games just to get 100% before I move on, always made me hate games that forced you to come back to areas due to not having an ability that you get later on...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Not a completionist at all. I do try to finish games at least on the hardest difficulty after the first playthrough but I am not interested in hosting 10 online lobbies, shooting 150 pidgeons, killing the final boss with a toe nail clipper on nightmare more while doing a handstand near the detonating charges.
    Also never had this with WoW, achievements is the last thing I am interested in and I also still think it is a lame way to increase gameplay of a game. I like to play games without my hands tied behind my back and I will think of funny ways to do stuff and kill bosses on my own tyvm .

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have an option between gamer and casual.

I'd be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get a lot of new games, so the games that I do have I try and wring as much as I can/care to out of. I've played through all of the Ace Combat games I own at least 5 times each, cleared the original Ratchet and Clank 10 times, and so on. While I do enjoy competitive multiplayer games, I usually prefer solo or cooperative content. Games like Skyrim, where you can sink hundreds of hours in, are the kinds of games I tend to enjoy the most.

The hardcore kind. What's a hardcore game? Anything not realistic with blood-pumping action and music.

uhm i have beaten pretty much every game i own(i only didnt beat those wich i thought to be terribad and lost interest half way through) and im even replaying the good ones from time to time... BUT im not aiming for the 100% because most of the time im playing those games on normal or easy to breeze through the "content" in order to enjoy the story to the max.

whats this type called? (im calling myself a gamer even though your definition isnt matching my type. actually i dont even care about your way-off definitions... why am i posting in this thread again?)
    Last edited by Ghul; 2012-01-27 at 10:19 PM.