Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This was his job I don't think he would just up and quit because he doesn't like the direction of where the game is heading.

Prob a family or personal issue.
    Hi Sephurik

He probably finished his work on Diablo, then either found a better job or something more suited to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibarii View Post
    If he finished his job and left then why is "Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a Senior Producer." ? If they are seeking someone to replace him then its not just a finished job. There is more to this than they are telling us.....
    Given the information that most of this is coming from Twitter feeds, etc., you have a singularly appropriate avatar.

People leave. It happens in the software industry pretty much all the time. Who exactly is 'they'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looses - Blizzard has released this person, preferably to wreak havoc on an unsuspecting town. Though I question whether 'looses' is really a word.

Loses - The employee has left, of his own accord, Blizzard's services, and Blizzard has 'lost' this employee.

There's a huge difference. /grammarnazi

Meh. Good on him. One can hope Ghostcrawler will follow in his footsteps :-) I hope this doesn't set back the release date of D3 too much...they just keep pushing it back more and more, I'm ready to play it now! >< Hopefully this guy left as a last resort, and wasn't forced into it. like Lmessi said, there could be a million reasons for him leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Project leads leave once they feel like they're finished, and it's not abnormal for high-level talent to move around different companies every five years or so (often more frequently).
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Moved this to the Diablo 3 forum.

Deleted
    Maybe it was work related, maybe personal. People leave their jobs and move onto other things all the time, one person doesn't really show anything. Good luck to him

Deleted
    maybe

Diablo III Senior Game Producer Steve Parker announced via Twitter he is no longer working at Blizzard Entertainment. He didn’t specify the reason.

"Hey Twitter, I’m no longer working at Blizzard or on D3. I’ve had a great 5 years there and those guys are going to do an amazing job with Diablo.”
    ?

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1060-...es-blue-posts/

dont know if this is the source ppl are looking for, but... yeah, just leaving out here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    He is not CEO. He finished his job on Diablo then he left. That's all.
    He never said why he left.

Deleted
    He probably left for greener pasture, it will arrive a day when you realize that inside a specific company you have hit a wall of some kind in your career and the only option is looking other places where they can offer more in terms of career/money

Just because it is a high position people are making a big fuss around it

also please can a moderator change the post title? it is misleading as a Senior Producer is NOT a CEO

Does him leaving impact the game itself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaingo View Post
    Does him leaving impact the game itself?
    Leaving way earlier than this would have created a huger impact at this stage is not gonna be a huge problem, will probably slow down a bit the work and communication internally until they get a substitute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudder View Post
    Ya the blizzurds loose like belt and pant fall on ground. This grave mistake for the blizzard team now the deckard cain not to be able to use horadric cube. Nobody stay while and listen - very sad. Do this mean the D3 to be fall on ground cancel since they loosed him?
    lol u have my vote in the upcoming election

Deleted
    He says that he left D3 to work with something BIGGER and BETTER. Hmm doesnt sound good for D3

Quote Originally Posted by Gudder View Post
    Ya the blizzurds loose like belt and pant fall on ground. This grave mistake for the blizzard team now the deckard cain not to be able to use horadric cube. Nobody stay while and listen - very sad. Do this mean the D3 to be fall on ground cancel since they loosed him?
    Best post I've seen on this forum. I like you a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    He says that he left D3 to work with something BIGGER and BETTER. Hmm doesnt sound good for D3
    of course he said that. >_>
    "Hey I'm gonna go work on a thing that sucks balls! I wish all the better to D3!"

was posting rage faces violating the forum code of conduct? do not remember so I will not do it for now
    a "you don't say?" would have been perfect here

10+ Year Old Account
    It was mentioned that he left or was fired (we don't know for sure) just after jay wilson posted his "what we have been working on" information.

The information basically stated that the Diablo team has been working on things that actually looked like it should of taken them no time to do or completely scraped systems like the cauldron of jordan and so on.

Maybe he got fired because a video game producer is the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game. The development of D3 looked like it was going at a snails pace if those were really the only changers they have been working on over the many months since they announced its delay.

Deleted
    Game producer is more a coordinator, and has the duty to be sure that specific timelines on features and designs are due.
    However decisions such the ones Wilson posted about changing systems or mechanics are not in the hand of the producers is still a Designer/Lead Designer kind of decision

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Take what you will from him quitting at Blizzard, but did he actually say this anywhere?

I know he said something that hes looking forward to bigger and better things, but everyone says that when they quit one place and are going elsewhere so I dont really care at all that he would say something like that.

People keep saying "greener pastures," but honestly, is there much better than being a senior producer for Blizzard? I mean, unless he got tired of making video games entirely, there aren't really any better companies to be with right now.