Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Wrong

Diablo 2 Devs left and made flagship studios and created hellgate london.
    They also left and made torchlight as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Been there only for 5 years? No one important then.
    Yeah, because they assign the title of Senior Producer (on Diablo 3, even!) to "no one important".
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    People keep saying "greener pastures," but honestly, is there much better than being a senior producer for Blizzard? I mean, unless he got tired of making video games entirely, there aren't really any better companies to be with right now.
    Try Valve for starters. Also a whole host of smaller developers. Given Blizzard's current state of putting money grabbing above everything else, I wouldn't be surprised if people that want to make great games first and foremost are leaving the company.

Quote Originally Posted by totokoko View Post
    I dont know if anyone noticed, but his original tweet was :
    "Hey Twitter, I'm no longer working at Blizzard or on [Diablo III]," he wrote. "I've had a great 5 years there and those guys are going to kill it with Diablo."

Whats written on Diablo fans :
    ""Hey Twitter, I’m no longer working at Blizzard or on D3. I’ve had a great 5 years there and those guys are going to do an amazing job with Diablo.”

Can someone explain this or by kill it he also meant amazing, but I highly doubt that, what do u think guys ?
    Hmmmm you are actually correct! Here is the original tweet from Steve Parker, and it indeed says "and those guys are going to kill it with Diablo". Could be interpreted several ways, but it's interesting that blizzplanet.com would change his words in their article.

Edit: I just noticed Steve Parker's next few tweets after that:

"Bad phrasing on my part. I mean they're going to do a great job."

and

"Yeah, probably should have used a better verb than "kill it" about D3. They're going to do an amazing job."

(source)

So, that clears it up I guess.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2012-01-26 at 11:10 AM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Hmmmm you are actually correct! Here is the original tweet from Steve Parker, and it indeed says "and those guys are going to kill it with Diablo". Could be interpreted several ways, but it's interesting that blizzplanet.com would change his words in their article.
    Someone didn't read next tweets:
    "Hey Twitter, I'm no longer working at Blizzard or on D3. I've had a great 5 years there and those guys are going to kill it with Diablo."

https://twitter.com/#!/retailsails/s...42461283856384
    "Yeah, probably should have used a better verb than "kill it" about D3. They're going to do an amazing job."

https://twitter.com/#!/retailsails/s...42330333483008
    "Bad phrasing on my part. I mean they're going to do a great job."
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Someone didn't read next tweets
    I edited my post before you posted so... *sticks tongue out*
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Shibarii View Post
    If he finished his job and left then why is "Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a Senior Producer." ? If they are seeking someone to replace him then its not just a finished job. There is more to this than they are telling us.....
    Because they're looking for a producer for another project, maybe?
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-01-26 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They lost a producer. That's not gonna impact the game too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They lost a producer. That's not gonna impact the game too much.
    I dunno. Isn't the basic job of a producer making sure the development of a game runs efficiently, and isn't that one of Blizzard's main weaknesses as a developer?
    I'd say losing a lead producer could have an impact, but not necessarily a negative one.

Not that I'm complaining about Blizzard taking time with their games. That would be silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand why people try to read into this so much. He left his job, there can be literally millions of reasons for it. Maybe he didn't want to work the extra hours that are needed for a game like Diablo because he has a family and young children to take care of. Maybe he is in a job where he has no potential to grow, and wants a job where their is more potential. Maybe his wife got a job offer in another town, and she has this amazing job, and he thinks it would be better to move as a family there and get a job there. Etc.