Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is going to be guides and items lists for everything once the game gets more years under its belt. The trick is not to look at them if you dont want to be spoiled and discover things on your own. Kinda like Elderscrolls games. I only looked at a guide when i was utterly lost on a quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    An easily searchable compendium of gear, spells, boons, conditions, NPCs, crafting recipes?

Yes please!
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Should"?

Of course there will be. Multiple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I like the whole 'Database' and then see weapons/armor with screenshots and comments as well as info on quests and professions etc. I guess I like the structure of wowhead more than the (GW1) wiki.
    That is really the big thing for me. I very rarely cared about looking up quests. I loved looking up gear, seeing where it dropped and what it would look like on my character. I would love for there to be an item database and character viewer for items for GW2. Though that will take a long time to come about.

Aye, I don't doubt we'll have a searchable database of some sort for GW2. Maybe not exactly like Wowhead and Torhead, but definitely a database.

I think the wiki should be just fine for it. The GW wiki is great, probably the best I've seen for a game.

Deleted
    We don't need that xD we have Mif

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a wowhead for GW2 for the purposes of finding gear that you want (looks), locating DE's, and DE chains.

^

The GW wiki does that. I'm sure the GW2 wiki will do that as well. Also, you'll be able to use it while in game.

Deleted
    So far the previous GW all used the guildwarswiki, I would imagine they will still use that for GW2 given that it's much easier to showcase user created builds in a wiki than a wowhead.

Deleted
    Do we need one?
    Not really if GWwiki keeps up the same work as in GW1.

Do we want one?
    Sure, it could be handy

Will there be one?
    Probably

i think it will, just closer to the day it comes out
    게임 은 어렵~~

If the gw1 wiki is anything to go by, the gw2 wiki will be pretty awesome. So personally, I don't think so.....but I think there will probably be one anyways. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    im sure someone has reserved guildhead already to preempt its launch.

best part about a site like wowhead is that it lists quests and items. now obviously discovering and exploring is important in video games but if something is bugged or cryptic(verog the devrish pre cata) you can look it up.

plus there's the comments and pictures section too.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I would like to see a wowhead for GW2 for the purposes of finding gear that you want (looks), locating DE's, and DE chains.
    computer! search for teeth and shatterer location! and metallica...
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Gw2head.com is registered by same person/company who owns wowhead/torhead :

Registrant:
    ZAM Network, LLC.
    1850 Sawtelle Blvd.
    Suite 410
    Los Angeles, California 90025
    United States

So i suppose it's pretty obvious we can expect those sites to come alive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing against the wiki editors, but that doesn't come close to the searching, browsing, filtering, and sorting that a site like wowhead provides. It's not so much about containing the data, it's more about how that data can be presented.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Max Del View Post
    im sure someone has reserved guildhead already to preempt its launch.

best part about a site like wowhead is that it lists quests and items. now obviously discovering and exploring is important in video games but if something is bugged or cryptic(verog the devrish pre cata) you can look it up.

plus there's the comments and pictures section too.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 01:25 PM ----------

computer! search for teeth and shatterer location! and metallica...
    All of these things, gear, quest and such are on the wiki. >.< Like eveerrrything. And actual pictures that aren't some dude's itty bitty thumbnail of his fancy helm.

Like others have said, if the original wiki is anything to go by, the gw2 one will be hella awesome. Guild Wars Wiki. Plus err, there is the discussion tab for comments? o_o

I liked wowhead as well.

But I thought the GW wiki was nicely streamlined. Very easy to use and find what you are looking for. In addition you'll be able to use it in game. I'm not sure you can use wowhead in game (in WoW) can you?

It never needed one because Guild Wars was integrated with wiki pages.

They already have an official Guild Wars 2 one, which probably will work like it did in the game

Press f10 to click on your quests to find details and walkthroughs, or type /wiki <item/quest/etc>
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

The GW2 wiki will indeed by integrated with the game just like the GW1 one was.