Thread: SWTOR targeting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stop defending every aspect of the game and admit that some things need work. You can still like TOR and not be a fan of every little thing about it, that doesn't make you any less of a man.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Ive had the same issues in pvp as well. The targeting was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniclass View Post
    across the map might be a stretch but i have had it tab to a person farther away than my closest target as well.
    Yeah, the tabbing needs to be changed in it's prioritization (or at least give you the option). It does not always target nearest enemy first (in fact, it's seems to not like to).

Clicking on another player is something I have trouble with. I've mentioned it in vent a few times while PvPing, and it's not a limited issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Stop defending every aspect of the game and admit that some things need work. You can still like TOR and not be a fan of every little thing about it, that doesn't make you any less of a man.
    I agree. I always start out any criticism with "I really like SWTOR, and I play it pretty much every day, and I am re-subscribing, and I have a lot of fun with this game....However, xxxxx needs improvement because...." and I still catch flak. I think that's a real problem. Anything worth liking is worth critical evaluation.

And yes, targeting in SWTOR leaves a lot to be desired. I think the players must have extremely tiny hitboxes in regard to targeting, and the tab-targeting system should start rotation with the closest possible target before moving on to more distant targets.

Yeah, I've had this problem as well. It's extremely aggravating in PVP which I do a lot. What I want is for tab targeting to target the person centered on my camera position but often it just goes off to select a target at the sides.

In the keybindings section you can bind tab to target nearest enemy rather than target next enemy. After doing this tab has ALWAYS targeted the nearest enemy for me, and while that's not always who I wanna be targeting, it makes it a bit better.