Deleted

Graphic issues on the planet of Taris

Hey

I arrived on Taris for the first time last night, and seem to have a wierd issue with the graphics. the grass and vegatation is like growing/drawing slowly in front of me when I run towards it, its hard to explain, but its like the graphics is to slow updating on the screen, first I thought, I could live with it, but now its really getting on my nerves. Anyone know of any issues on Taris and graphics ? I searched the net, and read that there has been some graphical glitches there, but those dont apply to me, I have no stuttering or glithces, just vegatation updating really slow so it looks like its growing in front of me.

man its hard to explain, hope you out there understand it

My GFX is a ATI 6800 series, with 512 mem.

That's how it is, I think. I remember seeing this too, but I didn't care enough to put much thought into it. You might be able to fix it if you adjust the in game graphic settings.

I can't even remember what planet I saw it on, but I don't remember seeing it the entire way through the game. I did move the bar all the way over to the right for grass at some point though, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-01-22 at 12:06 PM.

You are a god. Life blossoms wherever you wander. Nah seriously, it's like this for everyone, the only 'solution' I know of is to disable grass.

It's like a wave of grass in front of you, Taris, Belsavis, parts of Balmorra, yeah, it's annoying...
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2012-01-22 at 12:09 PM. Reason: (sp)

Be prepared for massive lag spikes near the far east part of Taris as well, that was a problem for me back when I was on Taris. Unless they fixed it.

I'm just curious why it happens there, of all places...

This game is still full of bugs and shit not happening like it should, hopefully they will sort it out though. had one planet where all I would see was the horizon background if I turned in on direction when under ground lvl :P think it was balmorra. Made for some strange cut scenes.

Deleted
    Wonder where the so called quality control is, how can a game with so many bugs go through to sales

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieK View Post
    This game is still full of bugs and shit not happening like it should, hopefully they will sort it out though. had one planet where all I would see was the horizon background if I turned in on direction when under ground lvl :P think it was balmorra. Made for some strange cut scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterc View Post
    Wonder where the so called quality control is, how can a game with so many bugs go through to sales
    9/10 times that's not a developers decision, it's the sales guy that "calculate" the risk and decide that despite the known problems it will be more profitable to launch it early. It's the same guys that decide which kind of customer support they offer and how good they train the representatives.
    It's not like this only applies to video games or software distribution. It's a common thing in management, just try a search for "risk management" and "calculated risk" to see how many people even wrote books about these things.
    And in the end, there's 2 million customers blaming the developers and only 100 developers blaming the sales guys. So who feels more hatred?

For all who don't understand why grass grow near player goodle for "Opengl/Direct3D Billboards".

It's a sprite that always perpendicular to Camera View (or not perpendicular, but the main idea that it's turning with player position and view line).
    In Bioware someone decided that "quality > quantity" so if game will draw grass in larger radius arond player even hi-end card can suffer in performance (in theory).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    You are a god. ... Nah seriously, ... the only 'solution' I know of is to disable grass.
    That sentence looks odd to me. are you a god or not? Disabling grass is pretty godlike to me.