Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The wife uses a Radeon 6870 and has been having the crash issues as of the patch as well, it's getting kinda strange.
    Bleh

Spent all yesterday running in Windows mode with no crashes at all so I can only assume BW fixed something over the weekend or that the Windows mode work around is a decent fix.

running 560 ti. not crashing but getting screen flickers which is pretty annoying. All latest drivers so problem isnt on my end.

I've been getting screen flashing since 1.1 periodically but mostly while in story areas! My whole screen will flash! While I am not running a 560, I still get this strange crap! I'm running XFX 5770, 965 Phenom II X4, 8 Gigs RAM! Never any issues before 1.1 but definitely issues now!

Edit: Well apparently they have addressed my issue in today's patch:http://www.swtor.com/node/313454!
    Last edited by Deatheryn; 2012-01-24 at 04:12 PM.

update soundcard drivers, will cure the issue 99%

10+ Year Old Account
    EVGA 560ti, Windowed Mode here, no issues. Probably not an issue with the cards given the responses - try updating / rolling back drivers, see if that makes a difference.

No crashes. Not a single one yet.
    MSI 560 ti Frozr
    Intel i5 - 2500k OC 4.3 Ghz
    12 GB DDR3 1600 ram

Deleted
    Zotac GTX 560Ti 448core with Athlon IIx4 and 8gb - windowed mode, no crashes.

16x AA, all settings full. (though I tend to lower them in certain places)

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    Anyone having problems listen to this guy. Something weird about the this game and sound, especially if you're using a voice chat program. It's worth a try. I have similar problems to the op and others in this thread. Always seemed like a graphics issue, until I noticed it happened a couple times while I was using ptt in vent, then I started noticing that sound somehow was causing the problems. I just need to go to the next step and try and update drivers to see if it will help.

I5-2500K OC'd 4.0
    Pony-GTX 460 (Fullscreen-1920x1080)
    8gb Ram/1600
    OS & Game installed on SSD btw (load times are a dream w/ this)

I've been wanting to step up to the 560ti, maybe keep waiting I guess and make sure the issue is resolved before pulling the trigger.
    Necroshie - Affliction Warlock of Sargeras (US) Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickSS View Post
    Anyone having problems listen to this guy.
    I already updated my drivers days ago, doesn't help, still get hard crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    people still use soundcards? wouldnt that be motherboard drivers for newer PCs?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read 1.1 and for some reason thought minecraft. ......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    In especially first person shooters an extra card processing the THX and 3D sound effects can be quite handy?

I never needed any, but I can imagine. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    No I don't, I get mine through my video card via the HDMI cable. Had a couple issues last night again, still seems to have something to do with sound. I think tonigh I'm going to cut off sound through the vid card and run off the MB and see if that doesn't help.
    Necroshie - Affliction Warlock of Sargeras (US) Alliance

Deleted
    I am too running x2 560 cards and was experiencing crashes every few minutes, even when trying to open the game through the launcher. Turns out.... one of my ram bars were faulty. I removed the faulty ram and the game is now running smoothly with no crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    After 1.1 dropped I've started to get hard crashes where my pc locks into a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor. Happens during load times between planet swapping or entering/exiting Warzones. Now reading through some threads the only nvidia users having problems are 560 ti users, I personally are running 2 in SLI with an I7 and 16 gig of RAM.

So am I drawing connections that don't exist or have other 560 users started having crashes recently?
    I had the same issues with the game right after the patch as well with my Nvidia 560ti. Updating my video drivers fixed the problem. I was using version 280 and the latest is version 285 which corrected the issue.