Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The story and acting are great and with newer releases the quality is great too. There is no need for remakes. You're an obvious lightsaber fanboy. Believe it or not theres more to Star Wars than sword fighting. Sadly the prequels constantly used them as filler since the story was boring and generally bad.
    Last edited by Krolikn; 2012-01-22 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, the original Star Wars films have been tempered with enough, leave them be. They are perfect the way they are and much better than the prequels for obvious reasons. I loved the prequels when I was a kid, but now they are so damn childish that they became almost unwatchable... the originals don't have this problem.

Deleted
    Maybe the CGI and the sword fights are bad, but they are antiques... and you don't switch out your antiques with IKEA furniture usually!

No. no. no. no. no. i cannot say no enough. And im not even one of the older guys who were alive when they came out; im 20, IV, V, and VI came out before i was born, and i still dont want them to change it anymore than they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
    Im gonna jump overboard here and say: I agree with the OP.
    It is indeed a sad sad thing to see that obi-wan/vader fight on the first movie.
    And also there is something who bugs me deeply ever since I saw jedis die, why does obi-wan vanish and the other jedis don't? I mean they can be cut in half pierced through and killed with lasers, but obi wan is the only one who just disappears. That's bizarre to say the least.
    I think it has something to do being "Jedi master". I think he was just too old, but he had perfected the jedi skills and found a way how to transfer itself to a pure energy to remain immortal, kinda like yoda in episode 6, after his body was dying of old age... I don't know, just a thought I wanted to share. I'm more concerned that on the first 3 episodes you didn't see any of those situations, except on the 3rd one where obi wan heard that "qui gon jinn is back to teach you".

Special effects and such really aren't all that important.
    What you need to keep in mind is that 4-6 were written with a male adolescent audience in mind, and they didn't actually have much of a setting. The Jedi were basically a zen-buddhist/euro-knight crossbreed with a hint of bushi tossed in for good measure, but hardly anything worked out. The planets, people, history... And stuff were pretty much lacking.

Authors other than George Lucas expanded upon the Star Wars setting (or, for the American comic lovers: Star Wars Universe). They fleshed it out, they filled the gaps, they basically created everything.
    George Lucas took a lot of their stuff, which is understandable, but succeeded in completely failing to understand causality.
    Movies 1-3, as a result, are basically little more than teletubbies in space. Well; with an incredibly large budget, of course. Amazing special effects, lots of instances of blue-box mishaps, lots of distracting shinies and lots and lots of action that all serve to distract the audience from shitty acting and an even worse story, a story that's writting not for young adults, but purely for children of the age of nine to twelve.

Basically, the first star wars movies were new, and epic because of that. They weren't all that good, but then: They didn't actually pretend to be all that good, and their huge success was pretty much a surprise to all involved. These three movies gave birth the a large and diverse setting. After years and years, Lucas decided he wanted to milk it some more and came up with something that was so much worse than the first set of films he made but that didn't matter because it was meant for the lazy generation which only cared about pretty graphics and explosions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klausk View Post
    I would love that... I suppose the old fans that lived during the originals release would never want that, but I, born in '93, would absolutely love a remake of the first three. Just face it, while the acting was good, everything else about it is so outdated that I guess the only thing that clinges you to the originals is the nostalgia.
    How can everything in the films be outdated when (for example) the astroid field scene in Empire still looks better than ANYTHING in the prequels...?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, as many no doubt have said... Originals > remakes... leave the originals alone without remakes

People that whine about how they want full CGI movies, you seriously have no idea. Everything in the Original Trilogy was handmade and not blank and still as in the Prequels. Respect that.

I would be all for episodes 7,8, and 9. I believe it's episode 7 that luke skywalker turns to the dark side isn't it? That would be a GREAT movie.

Sure they probably wouldn't be as good as the original trilogy, but anyone who says making a bad sequel ruins the earlier films is being pretentious. A movie should only be judged by itself, not by sequels/prequels.

I say MAKE MORE.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    3 new Eps, based on the Thrawn trilogy
    THIS!!! One gazillion times: THIS!

Best trilology of all SW universe. Not by GL himself even.

Deleted
    Gief ep 7,8,9, old replublic thingys or any of all other star wars works thats out there or make series that are good. Then people dont need to get more butthurt, atleast not more then they got from 1,2 and 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't the Star Wars franchise been raped enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    Hasn't the Star Wars franchise been raped enough already?
    yea, with that one new game that just came out, forgot the name

Quote Originally Posted by Trillak View Post
    3>5>4>6>2>1
    6>4>5>3>2>1
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    what do you guys/gals think?
    i think part 1-3 are utter crap and mare made for kids who never watched ep. 4-6, which are the only real star wars films and far superior to the modern ep. 1-3 crap in every possible aspect.

Deleted
    Please leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    pretty much why he was recently retired from blockbuster films.

phew im kinda shocked. this just shows how the new generation thinks... shinyness over good overall quality. i dont want to live on this planet anymore...