Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    So by your calculations, McQueary should have called the police, but he when to his superior Paterno who did the right thing for going to his superior and they are at fault for not calling the police.

So to recap: McQueary went to his superior=wrong thing to do
    Paterno went to his superior=right thing to do
    PSU to blame because they were the "top" superior and didn't call the police.

I don't see how someone can defend Paterno for doing the minimum when children were being sexually abused. He virtually did nothing. He told the president of a University and basically erased the allegation from his mind and that's the right thing to do? YEAH HE WON FOOTBALL GAMES
    Did Joe Pa rape any kids NO. Did Joe Pa witness the acts NO. Did Joe Pa cover up the events NO he went to the higher ups and told them about it if he was covering it up he would have told McQueary to keep his mouth shut and don't tell anybody else. He didn't do anything legally wrong he did do something morally wrong.

I don't get this...do you guys like Joe Paterno? He was involved in the scandal sure he died of cancer, so sad. But I don't get whether people are saying we lost an amazing coach, or being like "yay finally, he was horrible and let kids get raped".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Did Joe Pa rape any kids NO. Did Joe Pa witness the acts NO. Did Joe Pa cover up the events NO he went to the higher ups and told them about it if he was covering it up he would have told McQueary to keep his mouth shut and don't tell anybody else. He didn't do anything legally wrong he did do something morally wrong.
    So you have a kid, he gets raped, someone witnesses it and tells the most influential person on the property and all he does is tell his superior and never utters a word about it again. Doesn't even personally call out Sandusky. You would have been satisfied with that person? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have a kid, he gets raped, someone witnesses it and tells the most influential person on the property and all he does is tell his superior and never utters a word about it again. Doesn't even personally call out Sandusky. You would have been satisfied with that person? Really?
    If that was my kid, I wouldn't even be considering Joe Paterno, I'd be wanting to find McQueary and beat him with a crowbar.

Quote Originally Posted by mytwocopper View Post
    Guess the guilt finally caught up to him, hope he burns in hell. You people still defending him, wake up idiots, he took advantage of kids you sick people.
    ^ Someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. He didn't take advantage of anyone, one of his assistant coaches did.

So you have a kid, he gets raped, someone witnesses it and tells the most influential person on the property
    Once again your wrong, the college football coach isnt the big man on campus. Joe pa wasnt the enforcement, he coached the football team.

Btw what happens if you publicly call someone (much less your friend and co worker) a child molester and your wrong? He had no proof what the eye witness said was true.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    If that was my kid, I wouldn't even be considering Joe Paterno, I'd be wanting to find McQueary and beat him with a crowbar.
    You realize there can be more than one person at fault right? My wife was sexually abused by her father. Her mother knew and only told her mother and neither of them went further and I hate all three of them equally. Other children were abused because Paterno, McQueary and the university to no appropriate action. Just because he went higher up doesn't mean he took the appropriate action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    ^ Someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. He didn't take advantage of anyone, one of his assistant coaches did.
    He only helped his friend cover it up and allowed him to continue to rape children...even on campus!

What is better? they are both evil, selfish monsters.
    I like sandwiches

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Once again your wrong, the college football coach isnt the big man on campus. Joe pa wasnt the enforcement, he coached the football team.

Btw what happens if you publicly call someone (much less your friend and co worker) a child molester and your wrong? He had no proof what the eye witness said was true.
    Where did you get publicly calling out someone? I didn't say Paterno should hold a press conference and call Sandusky a child molestor. I said he could of/should of done more. And yes, Joe Paterno is indeed the big man on campus in State College Pennsylvania.

Just because he went higher up doesn't mean he took the appropriate action.
    Actually, thats exactly what he is supposed to do. Do you even have a clue what your talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    This is true. He participated in a cover up, and allowed a child rapist to continue having access to kids.

JoePa died without honors, and he shall be remembered for his role in covering up the actions of a child rapist.

I hope he rots in hell.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 05:09 PM ----------

They are condemning him to hell for actions he did do, which is cover up for a child rapist, so Sandusky could continue to rape children.
    I bet you anything JoePa is remembered as one of the best and most successful coaches in the history of college football. And Sandusky is remember for pedophilia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    What happens when you do nothing? More kids get raped....
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize there can be more than one person at fault right? My wife was sexually abused by her father. Her mother knew and only told her mother and neither of them went further and I hate all three of them equally. Other children were abused because Paterno, McQueary and the university to no appropriate action. Just because he went higher up doesn't mean he took the appropriate action.
    EXACTLY, "HER MOTHER KNEW". Thank you sir for proving my point for me. Joe Paterno did not KNOW if these accusations were true or false, he is not the authority on that campus, he reported it to that campuses top authorities. Where it goes from there has absolutely nothing to do with him, it's the school and the eye witnesses problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    I bet you anything JoePa is remembered as one of the best and most successful coaches in the history of college football. And Sandusky is remember for pedophilia.
    That is already not the case.
    I like sandwiches

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    He only helped his friend cover it up and allowed him to continue to rape children...even on campus!

What is better? they are both evil, selfish monsters.
    I just can't picture Nick Saban, Bobby Bowden, Lou Holtz, Tommy Tuberville, Philip Fullmer, etc. just telling the president of the University and walking away from it cleanly and guilt free.

And this thread has run its course.

Closed.