10+ Year Old Account

Skyrim: PS3 or Computer?

I just can't decide which one I want to play it on. My computer is more than good enough to handle it, so thats not the question... I've heard the upsides and downsides of the console and pc version. Someone help persuade me pls =S

Computer so you can use mods.

I play it on PC, but then again I hate PS3 and those consoles, the controls and buttons annoy me.

Consoles have consistent performance and no worries about requirements.
    Computers can with sufficient hardware offer a superior experience and more flexibility.

Computer, mods and its easy to do things with console commands.

Deleted
    I'd say PC, because then you can use mods, and this game is a bit buggy so sometimes it's nice to be able to use console commands to, for example, delete an item that's stuck in your inventory. So yeah, my vote goes for the computer.

It looks far more amazing on PC. Far. Far. Far. I've played it on PS3 and xbox at friends places and myself play it on PC. If you've got the rig, PC.

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

For gaming (outside of mmo's) I normally prefer the consoles but for Skyrim I just had to play it on pc for superior graphics and mods.

But it's honestly up to you, play what platform you prefer.

PC for better control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I just can't decide which one I want to play it on. My computer is more than good enough to handle it, so thats not the question... I've heard the upsides and downsides of the console and pc version. Someone help persuade me pls =S
    I think the graphics on pc is slightly better than ps3, the game looks amazing on all platforms though.

If you have a ps3 and a pc already then you basically have to pick between controller or keyboard.

Deleted
    PC, 2 major reasons, beside better graphics and better controls on PC.

PC - Mods.

PC - PS3 saves eventually get slower and slower until the game becomes unplayable. PC does not suffer from this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    PC for mods as others have said. Plus, unless it's been fixed which I don't think it has, PS3 games become unplayable after awhile.

Dont get it on PS3, unless you want a 80% chance of not being able to play more then 15 hours and then your FPS drop to 10-15 because the very limited memory in PS3 cant handle the loads after you have done about 15 hours of gameplay. as the memory file increases in size for every movable thing you touch and every thing you loot/kill. After so many hours the limited 256 mbs of ram cant keepup with the huge dumpfile that just sits the taking more and more of your memory.

Some are lucky and dont experience this problem, but alot of players do.

And then come moding, console commands, better grapichs and such for the PC version.

Sorry for screwy Engrish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    Dont get it on PS3, unless you want a 80% chance of not being able to play more then 15 hours and then your FPS drop to 10-15 because the very limited memory in PS3 cant handle the loads after you have done about 15 hours of gameplay. as the memory file increases in size for every movable thing you touch and every thing you loot/kill. After so many hours the limited 256 mbs of ram cant keepup with the huge dumpfile that just sits the taking more and more of your memory.

Some are lucky and dont experience this problem, but alot of players do.

And then come moding, console commands, better grapichs and such for the PC version.

Sorry for screwy Engrish
    Thanks a ton. This is why I asked the forums... something I didn't know/consider. Much appreciated all. PC it is. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    TES have always run great on PC's, it not a half-assed console port. I've beat it on mid-visual settings with pretty darn stunning visuals when the SW:Tor just spits and struggles on lowest settings with reduced screen resolution. So I doubt performance issues should even be considered as long as you have a half-decent PC.

As for game factor, my personal preference is always to play RPG's on a PC. Its just a lot easier, and for me more fun.

You will always hear the mods and addons argument for TES games on PC. Because they have made it so easy to add content for the game, and the modding community for TES is the largest by far of any game anywhere anytime. Skyrim was made by the gods to be played on a PC.

Pc due to Mods and console commands

Most common complaint I hear about console versions is loading screen times. Everytime I read that I think "what's wrong with 2-4 second loading screens ?".

Was talking to my friend, who plays it on Xbox, recently. He said something along the lines of "it takes so long that if it were even 5 seconds longer I'd just be giving up and switching it off". He pretty much has time to go make a cup of tea during loading screens.

So I also suggest the trusty old PC.

Oh, did someone mention mods ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    Most common complaint I hear about console versions is loading screen times. Everytime I read that I think "what's wrong with 2-4 second loading screens ?".

Was talking to my friend, who plays it on Xbox, recently. He said something along the lines of "it takes so long that if it were even 5 seconds longer I'd just be giving up and switching it off". He pretty much has time to go make a cup of tea during loading screens.

So I also suggest the trusty old PC.

Oh, did someone mention mods ? :P
    Lol, I play on a PS3 and the loading times aren't anywhere near that bad. Usually around 10 seconds, 15 tops for anything outside of a town.

Also for the people who say the PS3 version slows down after so long ... I haven't noticed anything, and my playtime is sitting around 40 hours for my one save. My only complaint is sometimes you'll get some laggy FPS going on if you're fighting a lot of casters at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    PC - PS3 saves eventually get slower and slower until the game becomes unplayable. PC does not suffer from this issue.
    Well, this does/can happen on the PC eventually, but you can just move your saved games. You can do the same with your PS3. Just move the saved games to a different folder or an external source.

Closing this. Please keep Skyrim discussion to the primary thread(s).