Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai trailer

A trailer for the upcoming standalone expansion for Shogun 2: Total War

Obvious parallels with the Tom Cruise movie aside, I found it pretty heavy and emotional. Not even in the sense of East vs West, but more like past vs future. Even though I consciously understand that the life in the world is improving as years go, but thinking about things disappearing in history always makes me really sad. Maybe this is why I'm a huge history nerd.

Just wanted to share.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    I might or might not be in the beta hehe

All I wanna say is that sea battles is SO much better and more complex/fun then they are in the original SHOGUN 2. Steampowered ships with torpedos and ironclad, yummie.

Land battles are pretty much like ETW, with a mix of samurai. Cannons, rifles and some sneaky samurais here and there. The first person on gatling guns, ship cannons and land artillery is harder to use then not using it but its kinda fun. Too bad I cant get the chance to try out the campaign, the beta is only for balancing the multiplayer part of the game. But considering that all prev games campaigns where EPIC I cant see this failing.

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Land battles are pretty much like ETW, with a mix of samurai. Cannons, rifles and some sneaky samurais here and there. The first person on gatling guns, ship cannons and land artillery is harder to use then not using it but its kinda fun. Too bad I cant get the chance to try out the campaign, the beta is only for balancing the multiplayer part of the game. But considering that all prev games campaigns where EPIC I cant see this failing.
    I can only hope they re-realease Rome. Oh man.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    As much as i enjoy the total war series i doubt i'll get this, shogun 2 personally felt like it was lacking quite a lot that was added later in as DLC. All the factions just felt so similar, there was pretty much no variance in the units and that alone was something that really spoiled the fun for me. I actually bought medieval 2 after i played shogun 2 and was completely shocked at just how much variety in units you had, shogun just felt so bland after that

I'm tired of all the DLC factions. This is supposedly an expansion, standalone or not, and it has like 4 pre order bonus factions that will be future DLC. TW and Civ are some of the biggest offenders, I am really sick of the practice.

That was like the TW version of last samurai with that video...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    I'm tired of all the DLC factions. This is supposedly an expansion, standalone or not, and it has like 4 pre order bonus factions that will be future DLC. TW and Civ are some of the biggest offenders, I am really sick of the practice.
    3 afaik, they are only a little different. And you are prolly right about em becoming future DLC. But I dont consider it bad atleast getting an extra faction for preodering, but hey, they could have just gave us them for free. I mean, 3 factions? Not that much.