Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Demon Hunters aren't Hunters...
    *- The point is here.

*- You are here.

You know those Fel Orcs in Hellfire? Those worked for Illidan. The Naga in Zangarmarsh? Worked for Illidan. The Blood Elves in Netherstorm? Well you find out at the end of the questing for the Aldor/Scryers that Kael'thas as switched to the Legion, but before that? Worked for Illidan.

The Naga and Ashtongue and demons oppressing the Broken slaves in Hellfire and Zangarmarsh and Shadowmoon? Work for Illidan. The Fel Orcs, Illidari and Blood Elves in Shadowmoon? Work for Illidan. True Illidan hadn't really done anything to attack the Alliance and Horde directly, but he was in BC a vile, insane tyrant trying to take Outland for his own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Akama... I dunno, I get the feeling he would have been pre-occupied with making sure the rest of the temple was secured, and assuming he was finally dead. He did look pretty dead, after all.
    It would be interesting to learn the fate of the Broken Shaman, Nobundo, after the battle at the Dragon Soul; in the beta for this patch, I vaguely recall that he and Muln Earthfury would help us during the fight (before Mary-Sue/Thrall took all the glory), but if he died then perhaps Akama would play a greater roll among the already neglected Draenei on behalf of his people/the Broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    From Illidan's wowpedia article:
    Yeah, Metzen was definitely referring to Arthas' body in terms of "significance". The original question posed was about the bodies of kaelthas, illidan, and arthas, and what happened to those. You can find the video on youtube.

As for the 'redemption' of Illidan - I'll believe that when I see a video of Metzen saying it himself. Wowpedia has clearly made mistakes before, including the one above. He did hint at bringing him back and that blizz would 'work on it', but I've seen nothing about redeeming him. Personally, I'd rather him just stay dead. 4.3 is the only patch that has ever convinced me to hit Ctrl + S and I've become accustomed to playing without sound because I'd rather listen to music (or nothing, frankly) than hear anymore of Illidan's (and Thrall and Tyrande and Benedictus and Nozdormu's, tbh) angst-filled/bullshit voice acting in my ears. Illidan should stay dead and any attempt to resurrect him is just blatant pandering to Illidan fanboys. Maeiv would have hacked him into littles pieces if she thought even an ounce of life remained in him. The wow story is a joke at this point and reviving Illidan only secures that.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2012-01-23 at 02:12 AM.
    Look! Words!

3 words:
    Naaru mind control
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

He was the next boss on the progression treadmill!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    It would be interesting to learn the fate of the Broken Shaman, Nobundo, after the battle at the Dragon Soul; in the beta for this patch, I vaguely recall that he and Muln Earthfury would help us during the fight (before Mary-Sue/Thrall took all the glory), but if he died then perhaps Akama would play a greater roll among the already neglected Draenei on behalf of his people/the Broken.
    muln and nobundo didn't take part in the fight against DW. the thing about them helping in the fight was nothing more than a nightmare we had in the stomach of a spawn of the old gods.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yeah, Metzen was definitely referring to Arthas' body in terms of "significance". The original question posed was about the bodies of kaelthas, illidan, and arthas, and what happened to those. You can find the video on youtube.
    kael'thas: we beat him once, took a verdand sphere. he came back. we beat him again and take his head, now I doubt he'll be back lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know, I'm going to put my money on the table saying maiev shadowsong took Illidans body when we defeated him revived him, and fell in love with him, who now works with him to try and kill Malfurion.
    That's stupid, you're stupid!

It's more likely Maiev went back to the Tomb of Sargeras in order to reunite with the dead ghost of her fallen "friend" Naisha. Where they to this day, pursue a strictly physical Night Elf-on-Ghost lesbian relationship. While setting up shop at Darkmoon Island; selling souvenirs for the faire to visiting adventurers. Just as they had talked about on those long summer days back at Kalimdor.

Infracted - Don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2012-01-23 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    The point is, unlike Nobundo and that other guy, Thrall is a main character of WoW. He is the world shaman and the prophecy of him saving the world was first heard in WC3, and now stop saying that Chris Metzen is ruining his own creation. He is the God of this universe, deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    muln and nobundo didn't take part in the fight against DW. the thing about them helping in the fight was nothing more than a nightmare we had in the stomach of a spawn of the old gods.
    Mmh, perish the thought that Thrall didn't save the world almost entirely by himself this expansion. Oh well, hopefully that's enough Mary-Sue action to keep him non-existent in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Well I'm not sure of the redeemed form however he is coming in a form. Someone give him source please it was within Blizzcon 2011
    He was in Well of Eternity. That was his 'comeback'.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    That's stupid, you're stupid!

It's more likely Maiev went back into the Tomb of Sargeras in order to reunite with the dead ghost of her fallen "friend" Naisha. Where they to this day, pursue a strictly physical Night Elf-on-ghost lesbian relationship, while setting up shop at Darkmoon Faire selling souvenirs for the faire to visiting tourists. Just as they had talked about on those long summer days.
    Maiev travelled Outland, where she went insane and then returned to Darnassus, eventually she became the leader of the Wardens in that city and attempted to kill Malfurion and supplant him as leader of the Night Elves. Her plot failed and she was forced to retreat. Source is the newest Warcraft Novel (lionheart or wolfheart, cant recall the name).
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    He was in Well of Eternity. That was his 'comeback'.
    I'm more than sure that he'll come back with the release of the Demon Hunter class, which is the most logical option for the next class for WoW. And we've hints for it in the Blasted Lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. This was from a quest in Twilight Highlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Because the Illidari, the Fel Orcs, the Blood Elves under Kael'Thas, and the Naga under Lady Vashj were doing bad things, and they were all either working with or working for Illidan Stormrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Incorrect. This was from a quest in Twilight Highlands.
    I did say if he died. He certainly seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth since we first go to the Maelstrom during the quest to drink the waters of vision/go to Deepholme, but then Blizzard and forgetting Draenei/Broken, what's new? Muln turned up for Thrall/Aggra's wedding, that's about it. God I hate Mary-Sues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post

As for the 'redemption' of Illidan - I'll believe that when I see a video of Metzen saying it himself. Wowpedia has clearly made mistakes before, including the one above. He did hint at bringing him back and that blizz would 'work on it', but I've seen nothing about redeeming him. Personally, I'd rather him just stay dead. 4.3 is the only patch that has ever convinced me to hit Ctrl + S and I've become accustomed to playing without sound because I'd rather listen to music (or nothing, frankly) than hear anymore of Illidan's (and Thrall and Tyrande and Benedictus and Nozdormu's, tbh) angst-filled/bullshit voice acting in my ears. Illidan should stay dead and any attempt to resurrect him is just blatant pandering to Illidan fanboys. Maeiv would have hacked him into littles pieces if she thought even an ounce of life remained in him. The wow story is a joke at this point and reviving Illidan only secures that.
    I was watching the live stream of both Blizzcons. As far as I can remember, wowpedia doesn't have it wrong. He didn't specifically confirm that he would be redeemed, but even Metzen admits... he's a sucker for a redemption story. Illidan is one of the biggest, most recognizable, most important Warcraft characters there is... right up there with Thrall. I would expect no less from Metzen, especially after his mary-sue Thrall.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-01-23 at 02:34 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

He dropped legendaries. Good enough reason for me.

Black Temple was merely a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The point is, unlike Nobundo and that other guy, Thrall is a main character of WoW. He is the world shaman and the prophecy of him saving the world was first heard in WC3, and now stop saying that Chris Metzen is ruining his own creation. He is the God of this universe, deal with it.
    The point is, that this "world shaman" crap is a huge part of the problem with the story. The best main characters are the ones that aren't arbitrarily the best at everything (thus the Mary Sue cliche...)
    Thrall didn't need to be a god damn invincible green Superman to make the story work, and still be a "main character."

Besides the fact, that the "evolution" of Thrall's character involved completely removing him from the position (and profession) that he was known for, and doing it in a rather jarring and incomplete way. A lot of the "attachment" people felt to the character was really lost when he went from a rather badass yet sentimental/neutral warleader to an emo shaman who couldn't pull his emotions together... until his pulled from thin air girlfriend convinced him that he was awesome, and he went on to immediately become as powerful as a Titan infused Dragon Aspect...

It was really quite silly.

We should have wined him. We should have dined him. We should even have bought him flowers. Because I for one think that he could have become an even better lore character had we but apologised for his imprisonment and given him a long hug and a £10 gift certificate.

There's nothing wrong with redeeming a major character every once in a while instead of just zerging in and sticking their head on a pike. The World of Warcraft would have been a better place with Illidan as a protagonist. Anyone agree?

...Thought not