Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post

No not really. I'm sure thats the case for some but not for most.
    Actually the majority DO spacebar mission dialogue especially when alting...Only so much one can care why i'm killing some folk for the Empire let alone hearing it in a voice you've heard 20x before

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    ^ this, but it is no way shape or form a MMO. Too many bugs, UI problems, and NO AH for the most part.
    I've seen people say this game is "single player" but none have actually given a reason.

Why, may I ask, do you feel this way?

Sure, I did a majority of my questing by myself. I had started off doing it with a bunch of guildies but once work started back up, the times we could log in were sporadic. Some people took vacations and power leveled, others would log in after work for a few hours a day and do what they could, some have even less time.

While questing I did group many times. Someone would see me doing the same mission so they would throw an invite, or I would throw one out if I saw others on the same one. BW also promotes group play by offering Heroic level missions that give good quality gear for the level, giving more XP completing missions in groups, more/better world drops off mobs, and social points. There are many missions where you have to work your way through many mobs just to get the mission area, then work your way back when finished. These areas can suck when solo, but having 1 or 2 others in the party can make them so much better and actually fun.

I don't want to compare to WoW, but since so many others do… I don't even remember the last time I leveled up in a party in WoW. And LFD doesn't make WoW any more of an MMO then SWTOR is. It may auto-group you and throw you in an instance with 4 others, but most of the time there's no actual conversing going on. Just pushing through the dungeon to get your VP and queue up for the next one. Really, the only time I had an actual discussion with someone was when asking about my Dragonwrath staff.

As for bugs, UI problems… Uh. Duh. It's a brand new game. Though I do suppose that every time Blizzard releases a major content patch or expansion, they are bug free. Oh.. wait… they aren't. Ok, the UI does suck but its totally usable. Those I know who are healers are even having fun. There are also improvements on the way as you can see in the latest video from BW. As for the AH. While the UI may "suck" and be "inconvenient" for many, it is very much there and I've been making some good credits off selling higher end armormech gear. I have no idea what you're talking about, about there being no AH "for the most part". It's just not refined yet. "zomg I have to actually check prices, and separate stacks myself rather then having Auctionator do it for me." (Ok, I admit, it would be nice to be able to search based on item slots, and other misc types, but it still works).

Honestly I think it's fairly silly for either of you to claim you know what the majority does unless you personally compromise more than half of the player base of SWTOR, as there is literally no other way for you to have reliable information backing up either of your cases.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Actually the majority DO spacebar mission dialogue especially when alting...Only so much one can care why i'm killing some folk for the Empire let alone hearing it in a voice you've heard 20x before
    I can pull random facts from my ass too?

This applies to the quote and the reply to the quote.

I'd get it, TOR feels so refreshing compared to WoW. Especially levelings. But I am not getting MoP at all. I don't want to go back to a game which I did not liked for a long time.

On the whole "singleplayer" game thing people keep saying, I must say.. the whole being able to talk to the other faction is pretty nice. A guildie and I (empire side) were going after a datacron when two republics noticed it and were trying to figure out how to get it. We were already well ahead of them, so we told them to flag pvp and I would grapple them up. One charged me, the other I grappled up. Helped them get to the datacron then bid them farewell and off we went. No we didn't kill them as they were much lower level, and where's the fun in that.

Then there's the whole verbal taunting of the other faction in warzones or in world pvp. That, along with having warzones be same server adds a whole 'nother dimension to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    On the whole "singleplayer" game thing people keep saying, I must say.. the whole being able to talk to the other faction is pretty nice. A guildie and I (empire side) were going after a datacron when two republics noticed it and were trying to figure out how to get it. We were already well ahead of them, so we told them to flag pvp and I would grapple them up. One charged me, the other I grappled up. Helped them get to the datacron then bid them farewell and off we went. No we didn't kill them as they were much lower level, and where's the fun in that.

Then there's the whole verbal taunting of the other faction in warzones or in world pvp. That, along with having warzones be same server adds a whole 'nother dimension to the game.
    I always smile whenever I gank someone and they start cursing at me.

I'm glad both factions can communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by DruKow View Post
    SWTOR is way way ahead of panda land! buy it play it , don't look back! don't even waste your cash on panda land, SWTOR blows it out of the water period, but make sure u got a pretty good comp, or your gunna be madd, cause it way ahead in graphics as well.
    That is your opinion but if he's a raider then he wont last, end game is aweful in swtor, i hear great for leveling though but if you want raids dont bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    The title pretty much says it all, so i would like to get some/guidance

(By the way, im sorry if this thread already are posted)
    Try rift
    Cheaper, and will defenitely keep you busy til MoP
    Also, Trion is a company that really makes your money worth the while... fast patches and updates.
    Why Im saying Rift is because of lots of people in my Rift guild are returning from star wars atm, and they say that now they understand what an amazing game Rift really is. Easy best mmo on the market right now.

.If we are being honest, [SPACEBAR] is your best friend in SWToR ??
    Only for those with attention span of maximum of 15 seconds.
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2012-01-23 at 06:24 PM.

Better question is is it worth waiting for MoP ? Was playing WoW for 3 years and have to say it feels pretty damn good to stop giving money to company that is not giving its best to the product you are paying for. BW with TOR, FUNCOM with TSW, ANET with GW2, TRION with Rift ... lots of options to support competition on the market and not just give money to company that treats 90% of it as pure profit.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Better question is is it worth waiting for MoP ? Was playing WoW for 3 years and have to say it feels pretty damn good to stop giving money to company that is not giving its best to the product you are paying for. BW with TOR, FUNCOM with TSW, ANET with GW2, TRION with Rift ... lots of options to support competition on the market and not just give money to company that treats 90% of it as pure profit.

This, completely this. Starwars is pretty bugged atm but I'm leveling with 3 other friends and we are having a blast. Warcraft (which I played from vanilla) just doesnt seem to be making the same effort it used to, while obviously having a fuck-tonne more cash then they did in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    ^ this, but it is no way shape or form a MMO. Too many bugs, UI problems, and NO AH for the most part.
    Rift and Warcraft must not be mmos afterall. Those are the models swtor is more or less based on. Oh well.. so much for that ridiculous claim

Quote Originally Posted by DruKow View Post
    SWTOR is way way ahead of panda land! buy it play it , don't look back! don't even waste your cash on panda land, SWTOR blows it out of the water period, but make sure u got a pretty good comp, or your gunna be madd, cause it way ahead in graphics as well.

OP, i Can understand your love for SWTOR and you finding reasons to play it, but your statement is far from the Truth.

First off, WOW is light years ahead in terms of polish and overall features. Light Years ahead.

Secondly, SWTOR couldnt have possibly fixed the glaring bugs, PVP inbalance, Auction House Woes, and I can name many more, since i left 2 weeks ago.

Its ok to have your opinion, just next time try to maybe state the Pros and Cons of both games( yes there are pro and cons to both), instead of using these boards to write excuses to why you play it.

And please dont give us the already famous " It just got released , off course its gonna have features that were left out" Keep in mind its competing against today's WOW not Vanilla WoW.

As a prior hardcore MMO player who absolutely loathed the leveling process in other games, I can attest that there are plenty of us out there who do not spacebar through quest dialogue.

I'm enjoying the leveling experience so much that I'm sad to see it end. I look forward to gearing up and raiding, but I've really enjoyed the class storylines, the planet storylines, all of the rich cutscenes and interesting experiences I've had during the leveling process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Try rift
    Cheaper, and will defenitely keep you busy til MoP
    Also, Trion is a company that really makes your money worth the while... fast patches and updates.
    Why Im saying Rift is because of lots of people in my Rift guild are returning from star wars atm, and they say that now they understand what an amazing game Rift really is. Easy best mmo on the market right now.
    ^This

SWTOR is not finished right now, wait 3-6 months if you still intend to try it (but by then MoP will be getting close, not to mention GW2)
    And personally I found the game quite bland.
    I think they should have created a new IP/game system instead of going SW+Mass effect+bits of WoW

Nonetheless it should get decent eventually and I do plan to come back when I take a break from other MMOs.
    But not right no, and it won't be my main MMO.

Edit : OOoops almost forgot. Be careful before playing Rift though because it's a lot more heavy on your computer than WoW.
    Better graphics but significantly higher required system.
    That can tip the balance in favour of SWTOR which is kind of a middle ground between WoW and Rift as far as system requirement goes.
    At least when BW fix the fps issue SWTOR has on some systems.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6578c3b; 2012-01-23 at 08:38 PM.