Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    "P.S. Please change my pants as fashion dictates"
    I pray for a future filled with lots of Guild Wars 2 and no pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    The important part:So that looks like an April or May release

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 06:26 PM ----------

Public promo beta, launch will be within weeks of that imo.

EDIT: "beta test events" definitely sounds like beta weekends etc
    Better be before april , when i found out about the game was on its last april fools and i dont want to be waiting a year, i know other ppl are waiting longer but damn give me game now plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Better be before april , when i found out about the game was on its last april fools and i dont want to be waiting a year, i know other ppl are waiting longer but damn give me game now plz.
    I hope they announce the first open beta to start on April 1st, and then everyone logs in and it's GW1

Excitement turning into anger now.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU ANET!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they announce the first open beta to start on April 1st, and then everyone logs in and it's GW1
    Your lucky i cant pvp you in gw2 or id hunt you down for that lol.

"Later this year" sounds like September - December to me, tbh.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Doesn't even sound like open beta for March and April. He said many of you not all of you.

But yeah unfortunately that sounds like we won't see release until like late summer...maybe. Meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I dont want it to be September! Gah. I am going to get my hopes up and say that "Later this year" means potentially any time after this Blog is released :P Including May-ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Doesn't even sound like open beta for March and April. He said many of you not all of you.
    That is what I got out of it. I am thinking september or later for release.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersister View Post
    Mike O'brien makes an announcement on the Arenanet blog.

http://www.arena.net/blog/dragon

The most important part :
    just read teh blog omg please pick me please

"Later this year" isn't the same as "Late this year".

It just means after April.

May through December is the only time frame we have, though i doubt they will end beta after the April phase and then wait seven months to release it.
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god dont say September/Dec... Noooooooo way, no no no no no... pooey! I'm with the positive people , APRIL (May if they must) DAMN YOU!! LOL

For all intents and purposes March/April is going to be their open beta and May/June is the likely release timeframe. "Later this year" doesn't automatically mean the end of the year or something, it's just a point in time after April.

Deleted
    I'll go with the midsummer release june or july

Deleted
    Wee, so happy right now!

10+ Year Old Account
    After I got over the initial excitement, this news really depressed me. I was hoping for february open beta and march or april release.

Wow, i'm excited for this! We are finally getting a closer!

I dont care when it comes out, we will be able to play it for years, damit ill wait as long as it takes to finish this game, next month we will see footage, of the game and then a bit latrer we can play it!!. I dont care its still a while away, i am happy to wait

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    For all intents and purposes March/April is going to be their open beta and May/June is the likely release timeframe. "Later this year" doesn't automatically mean the end of the year or something, it's just a point in time after April.
    Can't know for sure that them "aggressively ramping up the size of beta" means Open Beta though. I'd say May/June is the soonest they could release it, with September/November being the likely release timeframe.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    You mean you don't like recycled statistics?
    so you keep humping your ex-girlfriends?