Thread: Evelyn talents!

Evelyn talents!

Just purchased her, and I run with 3 x 4.95 AP quints, magic pen reds, flat armor yellows, and stacking magic resist blues. I don't know how to set up talents though, since she's obviously more of a hybrid than any other character I play. Any tips?

Deleted
    21 offensive, 9 defensive for jungle, and pick up cloth armor and pots, grab blue, gank the shit out of them and win the game before 30th minute.

Build her as ap, you will have really fun time playing her that way

Deleted
    And you are aware that she's probably the most useless champion in the game yeah?
    I mean, if you want to play her, fine, go ahead, enjoy yourself, but especially in solo queue you'll get alot of hate for playing her.

Deleted
    Eve....who?

Don't play Evelynn, he used to be viable when she had a stun. Now instead she has a slow, which leaves her pretty much useless. There are better champions with slows/stuns than outperform her by a large margin.
    She used to be played AP, but that changed to AD cos of her ArP skill and she was played in the jungle.
    If you think you can sucessfully gank with her at her current state, by all means do. If you can't, you'll get flamed a lot.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

To the guy above me,Shyvana wasnt consider good last week, morde wasnt considered good last week, ad keenan was considered a troll last week. Never say something is not viable. If you want to try something try it , you never know it might work, and dont listen to the guys who say X champion is y.5% better then z champion.

While that's true, there are champions considerably way better in terms of damage, CC, survivability, etc.
    I have seen all of those you mention do good. Hell, does anyone remember Dan Dinh playing Heimer and did so good that they had to ban him next game?

The thing is, some players don't really know all this. And by saying "play AD Kennen, cos the top teams manage to play him effectively" is very misleading. For new players you want them to play the game properly first, and learn along the way. Is true you can build crazy stuff and do good, but if you spread it alll over the newer players, what do you think it will happen?

When I post on the forums I try to point out what's considered best because most of the time, it will be the best way to go. If you want to experiment, by all means, go ahead. But only do it if you really know what you are doing.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    To the guy above me,Shyvana wasnt consider good last week, morde wasnt considered good last week, ad keenan was considered a troll last week. Never say something is not viable. If you want to try something try it , you never know it might work, and dont listen to the guys who say X champion is y.5% better then z champion.
    Althought usually true, you have to think about this.
    We're talking about Evelynn dude.
    I mean, ofcourse, you can experiment, and try different things with her. But just let's see what she has.
    Sub-Par damage. Extreme weak CC, which is just a slow that isn't even that strong. and she's also squishy. AND a bad duelist.
    In most cases I'd agree with you, but Evelynn is just the extreme, she's litterly just a walking sight ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Althought usually true, you have to think about this.
    We're talking about Evelynn dude.
    That's my first thought.
    She can be played as AP or AS/AD, hope yourself. But her damage and slow are so weak that can't even be compared to other champions who have the same tools but better (twitch comes to mind). Twitch also has only a slow, and a stealth, but he's a ranged character, his ult is the highest range in the game, but lacks an escape mechanism. On the other hand Evelynn has... oh wait. She does not have an escape mechanism either.
    See what I did thurr.

Shyvana was considered good, just not top-class. She still isn't top-class, though, when speaking generally. The only reason that she was so strong in Kiev is because jungling works different on professional level, even if only for the simple reason that ganks are multiple(double-digit) times harder than in solo-queue.
    Shyvana is one of the best counterjunglers and farmers among all champions, which is pretty much the only way you can compete on that level.

AD Kennen was a strong solo-top for the past few weeks, although his AD-carry qualities at bot were rather unheard of. [He's really not that strong down there, though.]
    If you've watched carefully, he didn't carry any games either. Most of the time you could've exchanged him for Graves/Vayne/Sivir easily and it wouldn't have had any impact on the game.

Mordekaiser himself was still strong, even after the nerfs he received. The only problem with him was that he didn't fit into the Meta anymore. The fact that most pro-teams went for farmy junglers instead of ganky ones, though, has helped him greatly, since he's one of the most vulnerable AP-carries when getting ganked. He simply has no escape mechanisms and uses Health to use his abilities... But once you take that ganking-component away, he becomes a strong pick that snowballs pretty hard for an AP.

TL;DR: All the champions you mentioned were already good before the tournament, they just required specific situations to be effective. The whole thing would've looked completely different if normal people had played there, though.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    That's my first thought.
    She can be played as AP or AS/AD, hope yourself. But her damage and slow are so weak that can't even be compared to other champions who have the same tools but better (twitch comes to mind). Twitch also has only a slow, and a stealth, but he's a ranged character, his ult is the highest range in the game, but lacks an escape mechanism. On the other hand Evelynn has... oh wait. She does not have an escape mechanism either.
    See what I did thurr.
    Anybody remember that graphic that put all the champions in various categories? I loved how Evelynn and Twitch were both in the "400 gold make me absolutely worthless" section. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Anybody remember that graphic that put all the champions in various categories? I loved how Evelynn and Twitch were both in the "400 gold make me absolutely worthless" section. :P
    Heh, haven't seen that, but I was not stating Twitch was super-duper-go-buy-and-own champion. I was just stating how two similar champions (in suckiness) can be different, as Twitch is ranged and would have to stay in the back and run like a little girl, while Evelynn needs to be in melee range, and probably would die a lot more cos of it.

Shyvana and Mord were both considered to be decent. There's a difference between top tier tournament level, decent, and the single worst champion in the game. Evelynn is the last one. Shyvana and Mord both have their good points that make them somewhat useful. Mord is a great pusher, he can be hard to lane against, and his ulti can be game changing in late game teamfights. Shyvana was considered "bad" because her ganks are extremely weak. She clears jungle fast as hell though, and she can be pretty tanky and deal good damage with her ult in teamfights. Evelynn has nothing, except stealth.

In ranked, Evelynn has been considered a troll pick for a long time. Shyvana and Mord were considered good enough that at least your team wouldn't rage at you for playing them. I can't really comment on AD Kennen. I don't think it was really considered bad. But I don't think anyone really considered it at all. Most people probably never really thought about it, and those that knew of it knew that it could be pretty good.

I have seen AD Kennen here and there like a year ago.
    They werent bad, just not great. Is just you wish that Kennen went AP instead, lol.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    Just my 50 cents. Eve is bad. I 2 shot her with gp early game. 2 crits and she's dead. After that i just buy purple ward and she's fucked. She has low damage and she's sooo squishy it's funny. If you want a stealthy ganker go for shaco or twich. Both of them are a lot better than Eve.

AD kennan is troll... shyv hasn't been bad since about 3 patches ago (not amazing but not bad) and morde wasn't "bad" but he did need a tad of a buff to that shield after they decimated it... and now he is back to as he should be 3v1ing everything with no way to run when fights go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Meffril View Post
    AD kennan is troll... shyv hasn't been bad since about 3 patches ago (not amazing but not bad) and morde wasn't "bad" but he did need a tad of a buff to that shield after they decimated it... and now he is back to as he should be 3v1ing everything with no way to run when fights go bad.
    Don't quite agree with that Kennen part.
    He might be called a troll pick if it's about botlane, since he doesn't really bring any advantages compared to usual ranged AD carries. [His long range on Q doesn't help all that much when he's AD.]
    At solo-top, however, he is an incredibly strong pick because he counters about 80-90% of the usual picks. That's huge.

Or maybe the pro teams just wanted to use innovations as a tactical edge, even though they feel like not useful at all. I still dislike Shyvana as a jungler for her lack of CC and her need to be in a melee to participate pre-6, which is the most crucial phase of the game. I can imagine AD Kennen to become quite the pest, as he has a lot of CC and a lot of utility with a massively interruptive ultimate and his speed buff, though his lack of abilities scaling with AD makes him inferior in the end.

Morde snowballs great and is rather unstoppable, if left alone, but his lack of CC makes him a subpar choice imho as a jungler and as a full AP carry. You kinda want at least a bit CC on your AP carry and ofc either strong nuke or AE. I have yet to see AD Kennen in action, but Shyvana and Mordekaiser are not top-, but mid-tier choices for me.

But Evelyn: Without the stun, she cannot avoid punishment and burst her target, while denying flash. At the same she is VERY squishy and even if you get a few kills in early, you do not scale as good as other junglers. If you want a stealther, play roam / lane / jungle twitch or jungle shaco.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    though [Kennen's] lack of abilities scaling with AD makes him inferior in the end.
    Tristana has 0 abilities scaling with AD. She has a steroid, but that's it. Wouldn't call her an inferior AD carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Tristana has 0 abilities scaling with AD. She has a steroid, but that's it. Wouldn't call her an inferior AD carry.
    "that's it" it's only one of the strongest steroids in the game (I think it's the highest AS steroid atm) and she got not only one but two abilities that can be used to escape (ult + jump which even gets resetted when you get a kill or an assist) + her amazing range lategame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightning Rush = Escape
    Ulti = massive pain

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating AD Kennen. Personally, I think he's better off as AP, but comparing him to other AD carries he certainly has a pretty decent kit. Range (he outranges most of the ADs), speed, CC are all good tools.