Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question ICC-25 Achievement Continuously Failing?

Playing on Zenedar-EU.

Been trying to do the darn achievement with random pugs, ever since i started playing WoW (late WOTLK)
    . but every raid-group i go with (/make) ends up failing the "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" achievement.
    It's the only achievement i am missing for the darn drake - both on 10man and 25man.

Even if i go normal, people fail this.
    I've had DPS' aggoring bosses for no reason. Are people really like this on all realms? Have had to report 3 people in this month alone, simply because they've been "trolling" the entire team

Any advice on completing it?? I really need to drake for my Frost-DK.

Deleted
    get 10-15 decent players u know and trust that will help you to complete the achievement? thats what i did, and managed to finish all with in 1 run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join a guild that also want to complete it.
    Or save up a trillion gold, and there is probably a guild on your realm that would run you through it for money.

Good luck though, I can't really give any suggestions.
    No one really cares about that type of stuff anymore, they think just because they have 'epic lewts' and 100k more hp than you could have during 3.3 that they can faceroll through it all, and so don't really care about doing the achievements.
    Or they just troll to piss people off.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it IS a personal achievement, not a raid-wide one. If you need to be bitten (assuming you're the raid leader,) tell the first person bitten to bite you, and if they don't you're wiping the fight and they're out of the raid. If you need to NOT get bitten, put a mark over your head and tell them if you DO get bitten, you're wiping the fight and they're out of the raid.

That works fairly well on PuGs.

If you're looking to complete it for as many people as need it... well, you need to establish a rigid bite queue. Make sure they know (have them repeat to you) which people they are biting after they get bitten, and have them stand together in a group.

EDIT: IF you need it and are not the raid leader, call out in vent (or raid chat, what have you) that you need whichever part of the achievement. Ask the raid leader nicely if they would put a mark on your head, and for either the first person to get bitten to bite you, or for the vampires to avoid you altogether, depending on which part of the achievement you need. And if you see someone running towards you with the debuff looking like they're going to bite you, well... run away.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-01-23 at 10:08 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    How are you failing that achievement? Just want to make sure, but you know that it takes two weeks right? One week to kill after you get bit, and another to kill her without getting bit. Just stay away from everyone in that fight and you'll get the not bit part easy..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, it IS a personal achievement, not a raid-wide one. If you need to be bitten (assuming you're the raid leader,) tell the first person bitten to bite you, and if they don't you're wiping the fight and they're out of the raid. If you need to NOT get bitten, put a mark over your head and tell them if you DO get bitten, you're wiping the fight and they're out of the raid.

That works fairly well on PuGs.

If you're looking to complete it for as many people as need it... well, you need to establish a rigid bite queue. Make sure they know (have them repeat to you) which people they are biting after they get bitten, and have them stand together in a group.

EDIT: IF you need it and are not the raid leader, call out in vent (or raid chat, what have you) that you need whichever part of the achievement. Ask the raid leader nicely if they would put a mark on your head, and for either the first person to get bitten to bite you, or for the vampires to avoid you altogether, depending on which part of the achievement you need. And if you see someone running towards you with the debuff looking like they're going to bite you, well... run away.
    I've got the tactics worked out. People not listening, intentionally, is the problem.
    Kicking them resolves nothing. There's really few who wants to do these achievement runs on my realm, and kicking people will therefor become a big problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    For "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", get yourself cleaved by the boss so you die. Or if you're a Warlock, Life Tap and run into the Fire before the bite, without doing any damage. That is, of course, if you need to not be bitten :P.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVirtualCoder View Post
    I've got the tactics worked out. People not listening, intentionally, is the problem.
    Kicking them resolves nothing. There's really few who wants to do these achievement runs on my realm, and kicking people will therefor become a big problem.
    Tactics for once bitten? Are we talking of the same thing? It's the easiest achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    Tactics for once bitten? Are we talking of the same thing? It's the easiest achievement.
    Not according to my countless attempts, and my actual achievement, which shows it to be the only missing for completion

You still have not explained us HOW you manage to fail at that achievement and what you still need ( bitten or not bitten ).

If you want a answer, you should provide information.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    You still have not explained us HOW you manage to fail at that achievement and what you still need ( bitten or not bitten ).

If you want a answer, you should provide information.
    Uh...Guess i was rambling the whole time
    Was looking for (possibly - if)someone were on the same realm as i, could possibly help me do it.
    Or, if anyone had tips to do the achievement with the least amount of people.

To summarize:
    People are incompetent. They never listen to the "tactics" - so to speak - and they disregard the fact that i tell therm, repeatedly, to "...WIPE IT..".
    Every time i attempt to complete the achievement, people mess up - that's the problem.

Get bitten as one of the first in one run, make them not bite you in a second run. I don't see how you can fail the most personal of them all.

Have you looked at your achievement? That exact achievement. IT requires 1 time you get bitten. The next lockout not to be bitten. Since from what we have gathered you have killed her before. So have you been bitten or were you not bitten the times you killed her? It says on the achievement. If you never been bitten just like they said make sure you get the first bite or the second. Kill her and your done. Thats the end of that.

I also play on Zenedar EU and also need the 'Once bitten twice shy' achievement for my drake on 10 man.

@OP Which faction are you playing?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVirtualCoder View Post
    Uh...Guess i was rambling the whole time
    Was looking for (possibly - if)someone were on the same realm as i, could possibly help me do it.
    Or, if anyone had tips to do the achievement with the least amount of people.

To summarize:
    People are incompetent. They never listen to the "tactics" - so to speak - and they disregard the fact that i tell therm, repeatedly, to "...WIPE IT..".
    Every time i attempt to complete the achievement, people mess up - that's the problem.
    Can you please explain your actual problem? Is the problem that you can't kill the boss at all, or is the problem that you are bitten when not supposed to (or other way around)? What is messing up the achievement for you?
    It's hard to help you when it's unclear what the actual problem is

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    Can you please explain your actual problem? Is the problem that you can't kill the boss at all, or is the problem that you are bitten when not supposed to (or other way around)? What is messing up the achievement for you?
    It's hard to help you when it's unclear what the actual problem is
    If he fails to explain the situation again, I think it's fair to assume he's trolling and just stop helping.

I'm pretty sure he means "The Orb Whisperer" which fits much better to his explainations, 'cause this one is quite hard with pugs....

Deleted
    made countless runs for the legendary, "disguised" as achievement-runs..

this achievement really fails only by human stupidity, but 3/4 of all ppl get it in 2 runs..

how to drill your raid-monkeys:
    4 worldmarks:
    2 at the stairs, left & right
    1 in the middle
    1 on the right side like 5m from the one at the stairs

ppl that do not want to get bitten: DO NOT DPS TILL 1ST ONE GETS BITTEN BY THE QUEEN, then they can dps
    ppl that want to get bitten: DPS TILL 1ST ONE GETS BITTEN BY THE QUEEN, the one that was bitten stays, everyone else move to green (amount of ppl standing here increases, since bitten walk from green -> red)
    ppl that want to get bitten (and have not yet been bitten): stay there, till one of the red bites you, move then yourself to red (amount of ppl standing here decreases, since bitten walk from green -> red)
    ppl that dont care (emergency-fodder)

repeat everything like 2-3 times, explain the boss (move to the sides when fly-phase, dont stey close then - do not stand in fire - blabla) tell them to gather again at given spots every ground-phase

as for such runs: stay calm. seriously. you are talking via ts to 24 random ppl you have never met before. make clear, that this whole run will take 3-4 hours (im talking bout worst-case)
    and speak slow, in easy sentences, repeat everything & make clear that this run is NOT ONLY FOR YOUR PERSONAL BENEFIT.
    ONE PERSON FAILING CAUSES THE ACHIEVEMENT TO BE FAILED FOR 24 OTHERS IN RAID.
    BIT MORE IMPORTANTLY: THEY ARE WASTING THEIR OWN TIME, IF THEY DONT LISTEN. THEIR ACHIEVEMENT WILL BE FAILED ALSO.
    its not about trolling, most pll just tend to have some sort of arrogance when it comes to "oldschool" raids. -> "oh, hey, they are only lvl 80, what could possibly go wrong, lulz"
    and yes, talking to a pug-av-raid the way you would talk to little kids works wonders.
    after the 4th run i started recording myself so i could just play the explanations the other.. dunno.. 10 times? creating legendaries this way really is annoying.
    Last edited by mmocf3525a6d0c; 2012-01-23 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    get 10-15 decent players u know and trust that will help you to complete the achievement? thats what i did, and managed to finish all with in 1 run.
    You do not need to do this. Overkill. Just make sure someone bites you....

Going in with this assumption and attitude will only make you come off like a jerk and no1 will want to listen to you. Hence why no1 is. Be patient, understanding, and kind and you'll be surprised how many people will listen.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2012-01-23 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A brief thought... OP, do you think that you need to be bitten by blood queen lana'thel, wipe the fight, and then NOT be bitten by her and defeat her?

If so... that's not how it goes. It takes two weeks to do: Kill her once after being bitten, then the next week kill her without being bitten, or in whatever order you need it.

Back on with the previous strategy, if you're the raid leader and people are intentionally not listening... they really don't deserve to be in the group, plain and simple.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.