Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    This is GW2Guru's collective opinion:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg
    Hmm... I don't see my video card in there. HD 6320 integrated. But, seeing as all the integrateds are at the bottom (very low to unplayable at 1920x1080), I would assume my integrated card would be the same as well. This makes me a sad panda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IMonstrousI View Post
    Asura will rule all... eventually.

Im going to be building a computer thsi week *hopefully* so i think i should be able to run Ultra
    I'd wait if I were you. Intel Ivy Bridge is due out the first week of April, and Nvidia Kepler will be out around that time too (maybe even earlier). You'll get 10% more cpu performance for the same money, and the gtx660 will give you gtx580 performance for $300.

I'd wait if I were you. Intel Ivy Bridge is due out the first week of April, and Nvidia Kepler will be out around that time too (maybe even earlier). You'll get 10% more cpu performance for the same money, and the gtx660 will give you gtx580 performance for $300.
    really $300 for the new GPU for the same performance as my GTX580. Might be worth SLI with the new cards then if they are going to be a decent price.

Edit: Do you know Mif if Ivy is meant to be around the same performance as the i7-3930k ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    really $300 for the new GPU for the same performance as my GTX580. Might be worth SLI with the new cards then if they are going to be a decent price.
    Rumoured price I should say, but we'll see.

Edit: Do you know Mif if Ivy is meant to be around the same performance as the i7-3930k ?
    Here's a nice little chart

http://wccftech.com/nvidias-kepler-b...ormance-chart/
    The Kepler based GPU’s completely dominate their predecessors with a performance gain of 1.5-2x. All GPU’s have been tested on the same setup which consisted of a Core i7 Processor clocked at 3.4Ghz and tested on Battlefield 3 at 2560×1600 res, Ultra Preset and 4xMSAA.
    I don't have a similar chart for Ivy, but it is supposed to completely outstrip Sandy from what I've read. The performance should be much better, even if your replacing a higher i7. Again though, no info on when the i7-3930k specific challenger will be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel have mainly focused on power efficiency for this update.

Generally it's a 10% performance increase clock for clock, so an i5 3750k will be 10% more powerful than the i5 2500k it replaces at the same GHz. The main difference is it will use less power to do it, so it will make a lot less heat, so that means can overclock it even more (2500k would overclock to 4.5GHz, 3750k should hit 5GHz).

Deleted
    Hmm looks like nobody knows. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for beta footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I've seen this map where you have the 3 "starting areas" and the big neutral keep in the middle plus some other locations, sort of like Thidranki or Molvik in DAoC just bigger. Will this be the whole map for WvWvW and there will be just one keep the 3 servers will fight over (yes and the other locations) or will there be more keeps like the frontiers in DAoC? Does anyone have some info on that?
    I never played DAoC so my knowledge is limited in that area. From what I can see Thidranki and Molvik have three opposing keeps with the objective being to capture and hold the center keep, while Frontiers appear to have objectives along a path that should be taken to reach a destination. From what I've seen the WvWvW map is quite incomplete but with whats shown it looks like its the center map with portals to each sides home map shown at the corners. The main objective should be the castle in the center but that alone shouldn't be enough to win, each world has one keep on their respective side of the map that will likely have the option to be captured by opponents if the defenders get pushed back. I don't recall if there are towers/forts in the area around each keep which may affect local DEs, regardless owning a keep should unlock local DEs if not all of them(due to not owning a local tower/fort) which players must participate in to further increase their world's score(or harass for enemy players). I don't recall where I read it but accessing an enemy's home map may require owning the keep outside their side of the map, if this is the case it could prevent two sides from flooding the home map of one world.

Keep in mind that the above may be rumors/speculation since there isn't any solid info on WvWvW.

Intel have mainly focused on power efficiency for this update.

Generally it's a 10% performance increase clock for clock, so an i5 3750k will be 10% more powerful than the i5 2500k it replaces at the same GHz. The main difference is it will use less power to do it, so it will make a lot less heat, so that means can overclock it even more (2500k would overclock to 4.5GHz, 3750k should hit 5GHz).
    I have i7 2600k @5Ghz under water....I wonder what the 3750k could go up to!!!...hmm 5.4Ghz is my aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I'm with ya Squirrel, picking an Asura too! Watch those knees folks
    Skyrim prepared me for all knee related dangers, Asuras pose no threat to me! Unless there is fire involved then I'm getting my plant body out of there

Asura engineer?!

[QUOTE=Mif;15216587]This is GW2Guru's collective opinion:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg

I see my 4850 is there and I can play it to high to very high, but that doesn't mean it will perform well under WvWvW conditions with tons of players doing spells. I have to turn down my settings on WoW when doing LFR. My only hope is that due to the fact WoW is a older game it is well optimized with "newer" equipment.