Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they charge us every month I will not even buy the game. If they introduce commercials in the game and still charge us for multiple games, I will def. not buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ssx3 had rails with mtv ads on them, did it effect my gameplay...no

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with product placements, even if there is a monthly fee. That kind of advertising is not obtrusive (if done right). Let's say Titan is based in some city, walking down the streets of said city is a pop machine that would've been there either way. Now instead of a generic "POP MACHINE" it looks like one Coke's pop machine. I see nothing wrong with that, it makes Blizzard money, Coke get's their advertisement, and the user experience isn't infringed. It's a win-win-win situtation.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I can see it now. A guild about to meet to face off against a boss when an announcer pipes through their speakers "This boss is presented to you by <Insert Product Placement>".

As others have a said if done right I don't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends really. In a game set in modern times in a realistic world (Call of Duty games, most sports games, etc.), there's no real issue. Especially in the case of sports games, there's no story, fantasy world that makes it ruin the flow of the game. If this is indeed a futuristic sci-fi type world, then yeah, ads are going to ruin the feel of the game. Gameplay doesn't change, but gameplay isn't everything. Unless they can find a way to do it that won't kill the mood, it's going to go bad.

Deleted
    i personally am waiting for a game that let's us plug in OURSELVES into a virtual world, shouldn't be more than 300 years away (see MATRIX)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Oh my god.. I just.. why? I mean how do you.. Christ... nvm...

what a well constructed argument, thanks for the insight.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    i personally am waiting for a game that let's us plug in OURSELVES into a virtual world, shouldn't be more than 300 years away (see MATRIX)
    i remember seeing a film like that, think it had bruce willis in it. bad film.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what a well constructed argument, thanks for the insight.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:16 PM ----------

i remember seeing a film like that, think it had bruce willis in it. bad film.
    Most movies with Bruce Willis are bad.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    You're kidding me, right?

On Topic, most people don't realize just how much product placement exists in our entertainment already. Some do it well, some do it horribly, i.e. I, Robot. If they do it right, I really don't see a problem with it. As long as my toon doesn't spend 5minutes lacing up Converse every time I log on, I will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, very interesting.. I wonder how they will pull it off? Thing is, we don't know the slightest bit of what Titan is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I'm not usually one to post this, but this is actually old news, this was posted here about a year ago or so, but I'm sure a lot of people missed it...just wanted to point out that this isn't something that was just discovered is all.

That aside, I don't really know what to expect out of Titan until they announce it, but after reading this, I very well expect Titan to be in modern-day-ish Earth, and this is probably being done to give it more of a convincing feeling say if you have brands like Coke, Ford, and McDonalds in the game world...not to mention, with the scope of WoW, I wouldn't be surprised if companies were very willing to give Blizzard the license to use their product in-game as millions of people play each of their current 3 franchises. Time will tell, but I'm remaining confident that Blizzard has what it takes and it won't be a half-assed attempt to make moar monies.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-01-23 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You're kidding me, right?

On Topic, most people don't realize just how much product placement exists in our entertainment already. Some do it well, some do it horribly, i.e. I, Robot. If they do it right, I really don't see a problem with it. As long as my toon doesn't spend 5minutes lacing up Converse every time I log on, I will be fine.

yeah, as long as during a loading screen an advert doesn't pop up or anything stupid like that, i dont really mind. as long as it doesnt look out of place and ruin the feel of the world as well.

I won't believe or care about anything announced about this game if it isn't offical. It just creates misinformation that will grow so deep that we will mistake it for fact when we talk about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    then there better be no monthly fee or otherwise advertising like this makes no sense
    pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    If there's ads on the loading screens, pop ups, or billboard type advertising in game I'm not even concerned about it because I will not be playing it. Now if there's like soda cans, or corvettes in the game and that's what they are going on about then I wouldn't mind that so much.

"If it has product placement it should be FREE"
    What a retarded statement. I think people aren't seeing the difference between a full blown Advertisement and product placement.

How does product placement affect your game play at all? Do tell.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    If there's ads on the loading screens, pop ups, or billboard type advertising in game I'm not even concerned about it because I will not be playing it. Now if there's like soda cans, or corvettes in the game and that's what they are going on about then I wouldn't mind that so much.
    you would choose a monthly few over in-game ads and billboards?
    no wonder we are all in the poor house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    They're only bad if you go in looking for the wrong thing. Strip clubs are bad, if you're looking for a wife, for example.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer when the game designers make up their own brands for advertisements in games rather then actual real world company brand names. Seeing Pepsi machines in Bionic Commando, ipods in Metal Gear Solid 4 and energy drink machines(forget the name of the brand) in RLH kind of ruined the immersion factor for me.