Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Could mean anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There's a massive difference between casual games like Farmville and pretty much any MMO, you might as well say they were making the game more like Tetris.

Anyhow notice they say he will be looking in to product placement and licensing, so we'll probably see a lot of products that have payed to advertise in game (i.e. coke cans, certain brands of chocolate, billboards etc) but also products that require games to pay them a licensing fee (cars and guns for example - in Goldeneye they had the "Soviet" rifle because they didn't want to pay for the AK-47 brand).

Probably the biggest clue to what Titan will be like, current time or near-future Earth I'm guessing :-)
    ah ha! I can see it now.

Blizzards new cutting edge mmo will be titled "TRL 2020" or "The Real Life 2020". In the game you'll get to experience the joys of finding a full time job, thankfully Blizzard will assist you finding a job by opening the "BVO" or "Blizzard virtual office", you'll have fun with your friends attending meetings and filling out spread sheets for Blizzard quarterly reports, before working your way up the corporate chain to "Helpdesk" where you'll be able to experience the complexities of TRL 2020 by responding to actual helpdesk queries!

After a "fun" evening of working for Blizzard you'll be able to visit the local virtual bar where for a low cost of credits (purchasable through the "BIGS" or "Blizzard in game store" you'll be able to purchase a glass of coke, or bottle of heineken if over 18

In game advertising through actual items or by restriction (or playing advertising before access to the game is granted) would be gravely detrimental.

I could see small advertisments in the bottom left or right hand of character profiles and menu screens that wouldn't effect gameplay as being an option however.

I always thought in game advertising would be something you would see a lot in SC2 seeing as how they have an esports thing goin that could easily be taken advantage of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im betting you watch ads and you get paid credits which you then use on its real money auction house fees... yay Activision.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.