Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope Rapidshare stay alive I get killer speed of them ; D

You all do realize that the charges against MegaUpload are baseless and the guy is just going to get off and move to a country that doesn't have extradition and start over right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    As i said, DDOSing sites is all anon seems to do, and its not really that effective. it takes down a site for a few hours, doesnt have that much of an impact. they need to do something else to show these corporations that they cannot control the internet
    I agree, but they need to do something legal and peaceful, this just makes them look like terrorists, and one of the things that could happen if this continues is they can literally be labeled as terrorists that could be KoS if a state of emergency action is to happen, hell anything could happen in a state of the emergency situation, anyone who speaks out about the government if something like that were to happen could be labeled as a terrorist.

Like i said, things will just get worse if more illegal and aggressive actions are taken. Anonymous is hurting the average citizen more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    You all do realize that the charges against MegaUpload are baseless and the guy is just going to get off and move to a country that doesn't have extradition and start over right?
    I doubt they would let that guy slip easily without charges. Look at these pictures of him lol
    http://gizmodo.com/5877987/the-best-...oad-kim-dotcom

Deleted
    They talk about the protection of Intellectual Property, but clearly it's only the intellectual property belonging to the big companies that back the US govt that they're interested in. what about the intellectual property of all the LEGITIMATE users of MegaUpload et al. that can no longer be accessed because the sites have arbitrarily been taken down.

What needs to happen is that companies and private users that have lost access to THEIR Intellectual Property to get together and sue the arse off the US DoJ.

Time for OCH to set up their servers in Korea

Deleted
    if i upload a pirated or copyrighted image to imgur does that mean they can shut down imgur because one of its users uploaded copyrighted stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by YoggZaron View Post
    I doubt they would let that guy slip easily without charges. Look at these pictures of him lol
    Whole thing is, he's already proven that he TRIED to remove copyrighted material, which is all he has to do, legally. Same as places like YouTube.

You definatly show alot of intelligence in your post, shows how little you know about the subject, and your reply shows how much of a blabbering child you are.
    Let's recap a little, there.
    You said that all governments in the world are working together (to control the internet, I assume). As an example of this, you give us the NL, where two internet providers were forced to DNS-ban thepiratebay.org (which is not the same thing as outright banning the site, by the way. DNS-ban does not equal IP-ban).
    Now; in the case of the NL, there was a court case held by BREIN (which is the Dutch equal to the RIAA, basically), against the internet providers (so not against thepiratebay, and not instigated by the government). BREIN, however, is part of an international... Guild, if you will, of which the RIAA is also a part. These are not government institutions, even though they prevent themselves as such. Their word is not law, even though they compose themselves as if it were. They are nothing more than 'Trade Associations.' Or guilds. Well; technically. Not officially, because guilds are illegal in the Netherlands because guilds create pools of monopoly, with all the problems involved. Funnily, BREIN/RIAA/Other trade associations of this kind are NOT illegal because... They found a loophole. Yups; they actually dodge the law by existing. But they've got lots of cash, so we won't see them go anywhere anytime soon.

The EU is actually trying to make plans for protecting internet users, while also trying to find a solution for piracy where applicable. In the words of one member of European Parliament: "Censoring the internet is entirely counter-productive. Sure; you don't want people to drive too fast, but you're not going to litter the freeway with speedbumps either."
    Of course, this stance goes directly against the stance of the Guilds, who want to provide full ownership and ability for their clients (and themselves) to shut down any other form of media being successful in their field.

As you can see, it's a much more delicate problem than just 'Governments are after us! We're being oppressed!' On the one hand, online piracy can potentially cause problems, which is something that needs to be addressed. On the other hand, online piracy also SOLVES a lot of problems, for both the producer and the consumer. And this isn't something to be wholly forgotten.

There has to be a model that allows people to freely use the internet, and even freely share files, without causing Jay-Z to sacrifice his fifteenth expensive sportscar.
    Well; actually, no: There has to be a model somewhere that prohibits people from making such ludicrous amounts of money, and promote free sharing while keeping the artists fairly compensated for their labour.
    And there is. But everyone here seems to hate communism, even democratic communism, so that's not an option.

Anyway; responding to someone in the way that you did, accusing them of 'knowing little' and even going so far as to say that they're 'blabbering' is completely unwarranted if you yourself don't know the finer details.
    I don't know much of the finer details, either, but I just thought I should point these few out to you.
    Last edited by Stir; 2012-01-23 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    If they keep on closing websites like this, this is going to get ugly very fast with groups like anonymous out there, "fighting" for a free internet.

Quote Originally Posted by YoggZaron View Post
    Rofl, what you can't hang with bitches and be rich? Those pictures are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    I agree, but they need to do something legal and peaceful, this just makes them look like terrorists, and one of the things that could happen if this continues is they can literally be labeled as terrorists that could be KoS if a state of emergency action is to happen, hell anything could happen in a state of the emergency situation, anyone who speaks out about the government if something like that were to happen could be labeled as a terrorist.

Like i said, things will just get worse if more illegal and aggressive actions are taken. Anonymous is hurting the average citizen more than anything.
    I think the common misconception is that Anonymous is just a bunch of hackers. They are not. They partake in activism all over the globe also. The media likes to label them as terrorists, which is of course nonsense. But I think people will eventually wake up and smell the corruption and see who the real good guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulz View Post
    I think the common misconception is that Anonymous is just a bunch of hackers. They are not. They partake in activism all over the globe also. The media likes to label them as terrorists, which is of course nonsense. But I think people will eventually wake up and smell the corruption and see who the real good guys are.
    I agree, anonymous for lyfe. Fuck the media and fuck the government. All people want to do is life in peace, why does the government time and time again try and treat us as slaves? What's the fucking point, we aren't allowed to be happy? I wouldn't mind an alien race taking over earth and starting a new world government at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulz View Post

i dont always agree with groups like Anon, but they need to do something more than DDOS, i dont think there anything effective they can do that is also legal. i dont agree with them when they just DDOS sites for fun or random sites, but in cases like this i agree with what theyre doing, although it wont really have an impact

Deleted
    The funny thing is that I always preceived Megaupload to be one of the first sites to delete copyrighted material.
    In the end it won't help. The internet is too huge even for the US government and multinational corporations.

Sure it's an inconveniance if you have to use backwater asian servers instead of fast megaupload or rapidshare but what does it matter.
    If you want to get something you will always be able to find it if you know where to look. Nothing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    VPN is our savior
    Please tell me how your VPN is gonna help you with a blocked site. Because its not just blocked for your IP or country, its blocked for everyone.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

pro tip: go find out what was megaupload actually charged with

hint: copyright infrignment was probably the least severe charge

MegaUpload - Closed.
    FileServe - Closing, does not sell premium.
    FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
    UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
    FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
    VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.
    Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
    FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
    Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
    4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
    MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
    Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
    Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
    Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA

So much for stopping SOPA/PIPA...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    MegaUpload - Closed.
    FileServe - Closing, does not sell premium.
    FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
    UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
    FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
    VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.
    Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
    FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
    Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
    4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
    MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
    Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
    Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
    Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA

So much for stopping SOPA/PIPA...

woah, looks like they are doing a massive crackdown on these sites. looks like they didn't even need sopa to accomplish it.
    i think we might see a lot of people moving their hosting to Japan / korea / china then, looks like they are pretty safe for now.

At this rate we will soon not have any file sharing sites, i am greatly disappointed in my government for what they are currently doing to once be a country that fought for freedom it is now oppressing it's own people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=9TG4RTwctlw#!