Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Yeah, because the US government has jurisdiction over and has completely barred filesharing sites from using non-US servers and non-US domains.
    Wasn't talking about the US government. US government is a pawn to punish people the media corporations dont like. Media Corporations have more influence then any one government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the current list expect more to come

MegaUpload - Closed.
    FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
    FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S.
    UploadStation - Locked in the U.S.
    FileSonic - The news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
    VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
    Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
    FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
    Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
    4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
    MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
    Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
    Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrent everything.
    Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA.
    Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Someone already mentioned this, but it's a great point. If you miss a show, you pretty much can't see it until months later, fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    SOPA has nothing to do with this. SOPA is obviously not required to shut down sites that rely on piracy to turn a profit.

Seriously, save your SOPA bitching for issues that actually involve SOPA. Punishing people who profit off of piracy is a good thing.
    Megaupload wouldn't profit without piracy? What?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    megavideo and ninjavideo went down with megaupload too

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Half of these post just come off as foreigners being angry that the American government is making it harder for them to steal American movies and TV shows. If it was just about file sharing, you could simply make torrents. Or get any one of the many free email accounts that come with online storage, 25gb in some cases, and then put your data on that, and share the account info.

Then you have the other half of posts which seems to be people crying about the cost. When the cost is just paying for getting it sooner. You could simply wait 6 months after the DVD is out and its on HBO or Showtime or Starz for much less, or you could wait a year and watch it on Netflix for almost nothing, or you could wait 18 months and watch it on basic cable, or 2 years and watch it FREE on broadcast.

You steal it not because you can't afford it, because eventually its FREE, but simply because you can and you don't want to wait. Now its getting harder and you are crying about it as if it was some human right to watch high quality high cost entertainment for free as soon as it is released.
    I have to agree, but only to some degree. It is nothing but a natural human desire to have things the very moment they are released. I can say for myself that I've already spend a lot of money going to the cinema and just as often I ended up being very very disatisfied by the movie. The last three or four 007 movies were all nothing but garbage for me, yet I ended up watching them in the cinema... paying aprox 20€ not including money for car fuel in order to reach the cinema. Everything for the sake of paying for my entertainment. However, imagine I would do that with every movie I'd like to see. First of all, most of them are not even in the cinema anymore (or never were) and 2nd, I could not afford buying them all. A DVD for a good movie still costs around 10€. A whole season of show XYZ is around 40-50€. Thats ridiculous. I am a student and I need my money for food. Should I now stop having at least a little bit of fun? When I was younger and when I still lived with my parents, I was able to spend all my money on entertainment. But with my 50€ per month that wasnt really much entertainment I was able to buy. Should I have stopped going out with my friends for one month, just for one box of DVDs which I would have watched only once and then threw them in the corner?

It is all about the money. 3€ for one song is just too much. 20€ for one album is also just too much. Just recently the industry finally started to adapt and they lowered the prices a bit. However, up to 2€ per song is still too much!!! It's a 100 % profit margin for them, because once they reached the break even point for the production, it doesnt cost them anything at all to sell songs. They are online and people can just download them. No CD printing, no delivery.... nothing.

The last songs I actually bought are from Walk Off The Earth. 99c per song and a group with so much talent that I simply had to support them.

I dont want to finance LMFAOs or Guettas next Ferarri.... they make enough money with their songs by giving concerts, broadcasting, sponsoring, advertisement....
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-01-24 at 12:59 AM.

Doesn't america have something else to think about besides a little piracy?!?! its so stupid fix your own nation before you try to fix the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    megavideo and ninjavideo went down with megaupload too
    Ninjavideo.net has been down for months

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Here is the current list expect more to come

MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
    If medifire goes down then were the hell would I get my minecraft mods and maps from.

I've spent some time to research and compile this list. Megaupload was one of the best file hosting sites, fast speeds, unlimited downloads during happy hours, large storage limits, etc. I lost a lot of files including school and work documents. I made a list of real alternatives to megaupload. Only sites with minimal restrictions for downloading, large storage limits, and high popularity/reliability are listed here. The Alexa rank for those who are unfamiliar, is an indicator of how popular a site is, I included it to distinguish the popular/reliable sites from new unproven sites.

jumbofiles.com
    Benefits: 500GB storage space, unlimited parallel downloads, can resume broken downloads, download accelerator support
    Restrictions: 1GB file size limit
    Other positives: No CAPTCHA, no timer, remote http upload, FTP upload
    Alexa rank: (4902) friend introduced me to this site last month, great features, still using them today.

fileflyer.com
    Benefits: Unlimited storage space
    Restrictions: 2GB file size, no file manager, only 1 download at a time (no parallel downloading)
    Other positives: No CAPTCHA, no timer
    Alexa rank: (22281) not as popular as the other sites here but they are seemingly owned by makers of the popular Download Accelerator Plus.

2shared.com
    Benefits: Unlimited parallel downloads, can resume broken downloads, download accelerator support
    Restrictions: 1GB file size limit, no file manager
    Other positives: No CAPTCHA, no timer, can search files
    Alexa rank: (3338) I love being able to search the files at this site and you can "watch" what files are being downloaded.

zshare.net
    Restrictions: 1GB file size limit, 50 seconds timer, only 1 download at a time, download accelerator support
    Alexa rank: (1936) one of the oldest file hosting sites online since 2005, still using them today.

ifile.it
    Benefits: Unlimited storage space, up to 2 parallel downloads, can resume broken downloads
    Restrictions: 300MB file size limit, have to enter ReCAPTCHA to download
    Other positives: No timer
    Alexa rank: (2582) got a nice file manager, I don't use them that much now after they started requiring ReCAPTCHA to download.

sendspace.com
    Restrictions: 500MB file size limit, only 1 download at a time
    Alexa rank: (1388) downloads are limited and slow but they have Android and iPhone apps available for their site.

mediafire.com
    Benefits: Unlimited storage space, unlimited parallel downloads, can resume broken downloads, download accelerator support
    Restrictions: 200MB file size limit
    Other positives: Fast downloads, I can max out my 6mbps DSL!
    Alexa rank: (66) the next biggest file hosting site after megaupload, very popular and trusted by many users around the world, I upload to here regularly.

If you know of any other file hosting site with below 5000 Alexa ranking, minimal download restrictions, and large storage space, let me know so I can update this list. Real alternatives only, not sites like rapidshare with 5 minute timers and hours of wait time between downloads.