15+ Year Old Account

Massively's Rubi Bayer on GW2 'Endgame'.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...inkin-endgame/

Frankly, after the talk we did about Guildcast on Gamebreaker the other day, I don't want to read this. Anyone got a chance to see how good/bad or accurate/inaccurate it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    This article is worth a good read. He's a smart writer.

To quote one part that I loved:

"Here is the other Very Important Point. People are seriously passionate about the games they love, launched or not. They want the horse they bet on to cross the finish line first, to be the winner, the champion. Why do you think the phrase "WoW-killer" is so darn pervasive? Why do you think so many people howl with rage that their preferred game will rule and claim constantly that they will lol so hard when insert-game-title-here fails? Everyone wants to be on the side of right, to quote the ever-wise Justin Olivetti.

I'll quote the ever-verbose me: This isn't The Highlander. We are allowed to have more than one game, and Guild Wars 2 is not going to be for everyone. No, stop that, put down that pitchfork; it's a simple truth. We are beyond overdue for something new and different, but traditional gear grind, level cap race, and raiding scenarios still exist for a reason: There's a market for them. Playstyles vary from person to person, and you can't dictate what defines fun in an MMO for another person."

I completely agree with this. WoW is a fine game when you don't have high standards or high expectations for it. It's fun in and of itself. But Guild Wars 2 will also be something new, fresh, and different to play. But some people won't like it, and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    This article is worth a good read. He's a smart writer.
    She

Rubi writes well. She doesn't come out so well when she does her pod casts and stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    She

Rubi writes well. She doesn't come out so well when she does her pod casts and stuff though.
    In other words she have no idea what she's talking about, half of what she says "Playstyles vary from person to person, and you can't dictate what defines fun in an MMO for another person." is not directly pointed at GW2, anyone decent can write a wall of text about behaviour/human personalities/life or whatever else... which in return have little to do with the game info.

When it comes to the game in particular, she's having hard time throwing out 2 non misinformation/well thought out sentences. i bet she and people like that that only care about salary at the end of the month and not the game they talk about have a wiki and at least few info web pages at their disposal when they're writing articles.

The Guildcast was awful.
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2012-01-23 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty vague and overall, not very interesting as an article. I couldn't force myself to read the entire thing because I felt it wasn't really talking about anything specific.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

As I've said before, the guests on Guildcast don't know even the most basic of systems and they get paid to write/talk about them.

Generic and nothing really new. Just a compilation of information gathered. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing all that great about it either.

at least she has a very nice set of teeth, that American dental work is clearly superior to my European variety.
    on point, yes it is generic, but only because it is meant to inform people that are not "hardcore"(and I use that term very loosely here) followers of the game about the fundamentals and straighten out some accumulated misconceptions. The
    "where are my raids? where is my endgame?" crowd better be starting to digest the shit out of that article, might lessen the shock afterwards.
    Last edited by Kyserella; 2012-01-23 at 10:40 PM.