View Poll Results: I switched..

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • From Republic to Empire because they have more players.

18 30.51%
  • From Republic to Empire because they look/feel cooler

13 22.03%
  • From Empire to republic because I like playing the underdog

13 22.03%
  • From Empire to republic because I like having more people to kill (pvp server)

15 25.42%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is why I don't like 2 freaking factions on a MMO.
    Happened in WoW, now SW:TOR, and even if I didn't bother with TOR, I played a long time WoW, and if you were alliance in a low alliance pop realm, you were screwed.
    In TOR I'm guessing you can notice the imbalance cos of the current subs, compared to WoW, obviously.

Sticking to L2, and no factions BS. Just guilds kicking eachother asses.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    This is why I don't like 2 freaking factions on a MMO.
    Happened in WoW, now SW:TOR, and even if I didn't bother with TOR, I played a long time WoW, and if you were alliance in a low alliance pop realm, you were screwed.
    In TOR I'm guessing you can notice the imbalance cos of the current subs, compared to WoW, obviously.

Doesn't matter how many factions ya have (well unless it's like GS where the is only ONE faction, which I feel is silly), take DaoC, which had 3 factions, which meant that two were pretty equal, and the last was considered the "fucking wierd faction", which had about 5 members.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually rerolling republic atm and having a blast. Leveling a JK. I usually don't like melee classes but the JK is fun. Force leap ftw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't matter how many factions ya have (well unless it's like GS where the is only ONE faction, which I feel is silly), take DaoC, which had 3 factions, which meant that two were pretty equal, and the last was considered the "fucking wierd faction", which had about 5 members.
    Guild Wars had two factions but it was much easier to switch between the two, I guess that can make a difference, I seem to recall Kurzick did always have more players but Luxons were never that far behind, there weren't that many ramifications to choosing an underdog faction, you had to get someone from the winning side to let you into one of the end game dungeons though. There was sort of an unwritten rule where the dominating side would let the others in for a small ferry fee, like a mage portal but I still think it can work very well if dealt with properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I don't see a direct reason why Empire must be more appealing to a former Horde player, tbh. I went with the Republic, and so far enjoying it (pretty far from reaching level cap though
    Considering the people who went to Horde for the "exotic" look, in swtor the empire are racist so the republic are the ones who's toons have the closest thing to "exotic" right now, and more potential for it in the future.

Kinrath Spider -US

Republic has instant pvp queues and we win 90% or more.

Waiting 10-15 mins to lose (im looking at you imps) must be awful.

Also, I hardly ever got huttball, and when I do, I quit and get another instant queue... there is no deserter debuff.

Also L2 has mega alliances, which is pretty much the same as factions. And I didnt think anyone outside Korea played that game still...
    Last edited by Sumatran; 2012-01-23 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    played on 2 EU servers, Imp in both, and there was only 1 raiding 'guild'.
    maybe Rep has more, i don`t know... i hope at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Excuse me for offtopic
    In RFO MMO (mostly centered around PvP) there were 3 factions at war, and in any "Chip War" (it's a faction-wide PvP event held every 6 hours) in 99% of the time 2 teamed against 1 faction based on racial leader preference (that's a player, elected every week). It was an easy mode for those who teamed up, and really sucked to be their target (up to the point where many of the players of the said faction would reroll).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Also L2 has mega alliances, which is pretty much the same as factions. And I didnt think anyone outside Korea played that game still...
    Well, not exactly the same, because you can switch alliances back and forth without a fee. Also, there can be 2, 3, 4 or whatever number, it's strictly based off players to make or break them.

L2 was pretty much dead, or about to be when they merged all servers into 2 (US and EU), but it seems to be reviving now that's F2P. "Truly free" they call it. You don't even have to pay for a digital copy.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Well, not exactly the same, because you can switch alliances back and forth without a fee. Also, there can be 2, 3, 4 or whatever number, it's strictly based off players to make or break them.

L2 was pretty much dead, or about to be when they merged all servers into 2 (US and EU), but it seems to be reviving now that's F2P. "Truly free" they call it. You don't even have to pay for a digital copy.
    Fully f2p you say? Might have to dust off my old Warcrier

Deleted
    I did go from Bounty hunter Turret (uhm, arsenal) to Trooper Combat medic.

I was sick of Huttball 100% of the time, and the story was kinda meaningless.
    Everytime is go there, kill or capture this guy, get out, done.

Now i love my trooper!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went from Jedi Warrior to Sith warrior because my WoW guild mates are all on the Sith side. I will say that I really enjoy being an evil person though. Nothing like having the option to kill your quest givers

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Fully f2p you say? Might have to dust off my old Warcrier
    Yep, you can check it out here: truly-free.lineage2.com
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    I play both fairly equally.

Deleted
    From Empire to Republic because they have cooler looking gear.

Powertech to Commando.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    We recently rerolled republic as we pvp a lot and got sick of huttball. Republic just feels better tbh and I'm glad we did.

I started Imperial (mostly because of friends going to be there) rolled an Agent....and CAN'T get into the republic story at all. To the point where I'd rather do Nar Shaddaa and tatooine again imperial side than go republic to see "new" story.

My whole guild rerolled Empire. Join the zerg or get zerged.

I do miss my commando though, and I still play him pretty frequently. I've not ever cared for being the "bad guy" either, so Empire doesn't have that much appeal to me. On a positive note, however, I rolled Op on Empire and absolutely love it. I would've never rolled the Republic mirror because I can't stand the whole "space cowboy" caricature.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    I started Imperial (mostly because of friends going to be there) rolled an Agent....and CAN'T get into the republic story at all. To the point where I'd rather do Nar Shaddaa and tatooine again imperial side than go republic to see "new" story.
    Try the commando storyline. I loved it. It's still my favorite in the game. I like the op/agent storyline OK, but let's face it, Act 1 was ridiculously predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    We recently rerolled republic as we pvp a lot and got sick of huttball. Republic just feels better tbh and I'm glad we did.
    Exactly, Agent is awesome, BH is cool, even Sith feel badass. But Republic just feels better. Then again I'm the guy who was light side in Kotor 1&2 and good in fable, etc.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is L2?

I getting ready to reroll my Infiltrator on Switftsure. Just might take me a few weeks or even a month before I do it as I spent many hours getting him to near 40 and not looking forward to doing the same quests again. My server pop when *poof* and was gone.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-01-24 at 02:06 AM.