Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dice Battle Master Sith Assassin PvP Video

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-k7ZaZGmA

Greetings all!
    After seeing so many negative comments about Assassin Class on the forums. I’ve decided to make this Assassin PvP video to show the true power of the class. If played right, Assassin can bring a lot to the fight. We have short interrupt, slow, burst on demand along with great consistent damage and pressure.
    There is a few clips from pre 1.1 Patch in mixed brackets but after its all 50 brackets vs Geared opponents including 4-5 shotting Battle Masters. This is my first video so I apologize ahead for editing.

This Video is for Entertaining purposes only!

Do not watch this video if you:
    don’t like fast passed combat
    don’t like cool down abuse and usage
    don’t like stance dancing
    don’t like club and house music
    don’t like assassins
    Do watch this video if you:
    Like all above

Link to the build I am using:
    http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZRRrRkhrbtzZc.1

Q&A:
    Q: Why 2 points in Insulation?
    A: It adds a little bit over 5% damage reduction. Since you will be using surge charge most of the time its one of the best talents you can get specially for being a squishy Assassin 
    Q: Why only 1 point in Duplicity?
    A: It’s just a point filler. If I had a choice to skip it I would never pick this talent. Maul is not worth using in a current state due to positioning requirement and laggy gameplay. Besides Maul just doesn’t fit into rotation even with a proc.

Q: Why 1 point in Obfuscation(Stealth)?
    A: Again just a filler for quick Energy regen out of stealth. You fights are out of stealth and 10 second regen is not worth 3 points.
    Q:Why not chain shock build?
    A: I’ve tried it many times and dmg is just not there specially vs high armor targets where Surging Charge gives you 9% Armor Pen.
    Q: Why pick talents up to Lighting recovery?
    A: It’s the best mobility and survivability talent you can get. Reduces cd on your main abilities you use every fight. Do I need to say more?

Q: What is the best opener for Assassin?
    A: Always Force Slow!! Low energy cost, great out of stealth opener, can crit more then Maul!!!
    Last edited by djprada; 2012-01-23 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added video link
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

hmm i inserted it in the post but also added a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-k7ZaZGmA
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

10+ Year Old Account
    Man people will sample anything to make music these days. Cool vid though, kinda makes me regret going sorc.

you just made me want to log my lvl 23 assassin and start doing some more warzones, good job sir!

Also, I added the video to my youtube playlist. I'm normally a fan of rock, but my music taste is fairly wide. Great choice of music for that kind of video!

Thank you very much guys. This is my first Video and I am very new to edditing, glad you enjoyed it. I will try to work on 1v1 Ilum ganking in my next one

Deleted
    Ur spec sucks, no obfuscation? just checked that talent... i dont need to check anything more of ur spec. Do u know that it affects u out of stealth? why dont u want to run faster? u prefer 3sec lower on discharge? seriously?

Ur skill sucks, dont try to sell us that the assassin is good enough, when u fighted a marauder of ur gear lvl, he destroyed u in a few seconds, u have to ran and heal and come back... u all do in the vid is gear abusing, and every class can do it, and way better than you/assassins.

User received an infraction for trolling which is worth 5 points. MMO Champion is a community forum. We will not tolerate members trolling one another. Treat other members the same way you wish to be treated.

- Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-23 at 11:12 PM.

Definitely Impressive damage output. I'm glad to see somebody show the class can be effective, because I've read the same crying on the forum. Looks like you play deathmatch mode though. I see you jumping away from your ball carrier into the pit just to attack some random target. Editing was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdam View Post
    Ur spec sucks, no obfuscation? just checked that talent... i dont need to check anything more of ur spec. Do u know that it affects u out of stealth? why dont u want to run faster? u prefer 3sec lower on discharge? seriously?

Ur skill sucks, dont try to sell us that the assassin is good enough, when u fighted a marauder of ur gear lvl, he destroyed u in a few seconds, u have to ran and heal and come back... u all do in the vid is gear abusing, and every class can do it, and way better than you/assassins.
    Thank you for your comment. If you noticed in that fight vs Mara I killed 4 people before I jumped down and had 0 cool downs where he poped everything he had. Also if you notice right after that fight I 3 shot him with 3 crits, same Mara. As for my talent and spec I explained it in my comments. This is just how I play and video is for Entertaining purposes only not to show any skill. Glad you read my comments.
    Last edited by djprada; 2012-01-23 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Thank you for your comment. If you noticed in that fight vs Mara I killed 4 people before I jumped down and had 0 cool downs where he poped everything he had. Also if you notice right after that fight I 3 shot him with 3 crits, same Mara. As for my talent and spec I explained it in my comments. This is just how I play and video is for Entertaining purposes only not to show any skill. Glad you read my comments.
    reading the start of your post i think he read it as well as many people probably did, seeing as how what you wrote definitely seemed like you were saying you were good and knew what you were doing.

After seeing so many negative comments about Assassin Class on the forums. I’ve decided to make this Assassin PvP video to show the true power of the class. If played right, Assassin can bring a lot to the fight. We have short interrupt, slow, burst on demand along with great consistent damage and pressure.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, the reason why i would pick up chain shock build, is cus that does way more damage if recklessness popped up, yes it's a talent for just 1 ability and 9% armor pen does for ur voltaic slashes maul, assasinate, but against higher armor/tanks what u said, ur doing low damage with these abilities anyway, so why not get a upgrade that does way more damage and u use it ALOT.

BUT i have to say, i never tried the force speed cd reduction one, im using 2/31/8
    Last edited by Alanar; 2012-01-24 at 02:18 AM.

Everyone you killed was keyboard turning. Grats.

just making your life harder without chain shock. turn those 4k crits into 6k crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Saykred View Post
    Everyone you killed was keyboard turning. Grats.
    Really, I haven't noticed it. Sorry cant control that in any game.

Good stuff. I don't know anything about Assassin/Shadow class but those are some really high crits.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    What Kepi said, he just answered like i would do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Good stuff. I don't know anything about Assassin/Shadow class but those are some really high crits.
    Shhh, they nerfbat will come..

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactely does this video show the balance issues? Where is the key points? There is barely any 1v1, it's mostly just you chasing one player after the next in a cluster scenario where you're not even targeted. Don't advertise it as "*PROOF* assassins are JUST AS great as everything else *PROOF*".

I don't play an assassin, I play a juggernaut. We have a slow and a SHORTER interrupt. We also have much better on demand gap closers as well as better survival cooldowns. I can't speak for damage, but I'm certain it's at least on par. And we got a buff to our gap closers recently. I'm just mad you advertise it as you do and you don't bring any points up whatsoever.

So you run around in group with a personal healer and zerg down randoms who don't seem like very good players. Congratz this video truly proved how great assassins are...

Every single class can win with a personal healer, hella healer with a personal healer could beat any class, so what is your point ?

You said that assassins are good when you play them well, the only thing you do is pve here, or atleast it looks like it, it looks like your farming mobs with a healer.

Anyways gz

So many haters. I made a video due to the lack of Assassin videos on the web. You can search youtube or swtormovies.com and you will find absolutely nothing but some lowbie keyboard turner trying to stab out of stealth. Maybe I should have phrased it differently in the description but really... post your own video of gameplay, editing, etc before you judge so hash.

Can you also provide me with any Assassin Video out there so I can learn from?

Mods, can we just please delete this thread??