Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    As long as it isn't GW1 I'll be happy.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    "GW2 looks brilliant."

    WHich can be said about all of the new MMO's since wow originally came out. Can even say "Sounds Brilliant" based off of promises.

    Truth will be proven in how it falls out 3 months after it's finally released.
    Truth will be proven in how you're playing with Pandas when we're playing with this.(See video) Also enjoy the year it'll take you to level, I'll stick to GW2's philosophy of leveling. Which I'm sure you didn't bother to look up so I won't explain it. Stick to WoW, trust me the GW2 community will be happier without you.





    ---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    As long as it isn't GW1 I'll be happy.
    It won't be. Glad you've done your information searching before posting here. -_-
    Side note: GW1 isn't a bad game imo. But that's for another thread.
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-01-23 at 10:15 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Good Read, on another note though I am lookin for a guild to get into when the game launches, I tend to go solo into MMO's as many of my friends aren't interested in the Genre.

    Let me know what your lookin for, Im sure Id be willing to play on your server.
    As I'm unable to either send PMs or post links, all I can really say is search for "[DkR] Guild Wars 2 Recruitment" on either Google or YouTube.

    We're a UK based guild which probably means you'd need to be in Europe - unless the servers are going to be international.

    Either way, glad you liked what I wrote!

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I see you're a new user to MMO-C, so first off - welcome!

    You wrote something pretty neat here. Lots of facts taken from other sources (You've done your reading and myself and the others here are probably glad we don't have to broken record it up again) and you kept it to the point. I too have been playing GW1 since release day though today it's my main MMO.

    People with the "omg it's f2p its gonna sux" mentality have no idea about how successful GW1 [is] with the same model. Microtransactons that have no influence on gameplay or player ability means that it's all luxury items like storage tabs, character slots, name changes, look changes, costumes, etc. My favorite's gotta be the bonus mission pack free hero weapons, anyone?

    Anyway I commend you on taking time to actually do some research before posting and I'll definitely follow along in this one.
    Thank you very much, I'm glad people have found it useful and/or interesting. Thanks for the welcome too!

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Good Read, on another note though I am lookin for a guild to get into when the game launches, I tend to go solo into MMO's as many of my friends aren't interested in the Genre.

    Let me know what your lookin for, Im sure Id be willing to play on your server.
    Let me know via pm if you want to hear about my guild, I won't go off topic and post my guild's history, goals, website etc. Let me know via pm if you'd like some info on a long standing gaming community for GW2 =]

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkademic View Post
    Thank you very much, I'm glad people have found it useful and/or interesting. Thanks for the welcome too!
    No problem. Just remember not to let the trolls piss you off. There seems to be a lot of GW2 hate in the GW2 forum by a bunch of fanboys of (won't mention). Most have done little to no research and really aren't worth the reply. Just keep that in mind. Follow the people contributing to your discussion that you put time into and let the trolls get their 2 cents in and feel good about themselves and move on. =]

  5. #25
    No flying mounts? Balanced pvp? No gear reliance? Skill combos? Large scale world pvp? Dynamic quests? Dynamic combat? A company obsessed with player feedback? How could anyone not be excited?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    "GW2 looks brilliant."

    WHich can be said about all of the new MMO's since wow originally came out. Can even say "Sounds Brilliant" based off of promises.

    Truth will be proven in how it falls out 3 months after it's finally released.
    If everyone thought this way, we'd have no games, no technology, no advancement whatsoever. Innovation requires imagination; projecting what you know of the present into the future.

    You're not doing anyone any favours by trying to suggest optimism, enthusiasm or forward-thinking are bad things.

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,598
    Yea im going for anything i can get atm, I live on the East coast US, so if your anywhere in between mountain time and East coast Im fine with that. I played on Kel'Thuzad US in WoW, so I am used to a 2 hour difference in schedules, plus its a bit beneficial for being early on my end
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  8. #28
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Yea im going for anything i can get atm, I live on the East coast US, so if your anywhere in between mountain time and East coast Im fine with that. I played on Kel'Thuzad US in WoW, so I am used to a 2 hour difference in schedules, plus its a bit beneficial for being early on my end
    Again without derailing this too much, we have a central US based guild and people from all over the US currently. We've been a guild since 2006 in WoW and GW1 and will obviously move over to GW2. We also have people who play Minecraft, BF3, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3(soon) etc. together. If you'd like the link or more info please send me a PM and I'd be glad to talk with ya about it =] recruitment is always open and our only requirement is to not be a *expletive deleted*.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniehaskel View Post
    No flying mounts? Balanced pvp? No gear reliance? Skill combos? Large scale world pvp? Dynamic quests? Dynamic combat? A company obsessed with player feedback? How could anyone not be excited?
    Exactly. Don't want to get too far off topic with WoW talk though, but yeah I agree with you. Especially the balanced PvP part. God I can't wait for GW2 PvP.

  9. #29
    A good read Darkademic
    Mirrors a lot of what I'm excited about.

    But you know one of the things that sold GW2 for me and what I'm really excited about?
    The grass and general vegetation MOVES! When you run through it! Epic. This made me ridiculously excited.
    I hate it in games where the environment doesn't react to you...
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkademic View Post
    If everyone thought this way, we'd have no games, no technology, no advancement whatsoever. Innovation requires imagination; projecting what you know of the present into the future.

    You're not doing anyone any favours by trying to suggest optimism, enthusiasm or forward-thinking are bad things.
    Well spoken.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 10:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    A good read Darkademic
    Mirrors a lot of what I'm excited about.

    But you know one of the things that sold GW2 for me and what I'm really excited about?
    The grass and general vegetation MOVES! When you run through it! Epic. This made me ridiculously excited.
    I hate it in games where the environment doesn't react to you...
    Yes! Was waiting for someone to mention that. ^^ I'm sure not too many others (maybe Mif or a few others) have noticed this as well. The little things that really don't have any affect that are there anyway are just amazing to see. That much detail is going to be in a buy to play MMO? God just announce a release day already lol

  11. #31
    Just to say, no auto-attack is not necessarily a good thing. Just look at SWTOR, for instance; they boasted that they had no auto-attack, but instead they had a no-cooldown no-cost ability that you would frantically mash every time you have a gap between ability usage. IMO that's much worse than having auto-attack, especially because it makes Jedi combat, which is supposed to look very fluid and connected, look rather clunky and choppy.

    That said, it probably won't be an issue in GW2
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

  12. #32
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Just to say, no auto-attack is not necessarily a good thing. Just look at SWTOR, for instance; they boasted that they had no auto-attack, but instead they had a no-cooldown no-cost ability that you would frantically mash every time you have a gap between ability usage. IMO that's much worse than having auto-attack, especially because it makes Jedi combat, which is supposed to look very fluid and connected, look rather clunky and choppy.

    That said, it probably won't be an issue in GW2
    You can turn on the "toggle" option for your "auto attack" skill. So if you'd rather press it once and have it continue you have the option to do so. I for one will love mashing the 1 key every time I want to swing my sword. *collinJohanson.jpg*

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,078
    A good read definitely! Really excited for WvWvW as well, a 3-faction MMo is something I haven't experienced since DAoC. It will definitely alleviate the population imbalance if a certain world has more players than the other 2.

    Yes! Was waiting for someone to mention that. ^^ I'm sure not too many others (maybe Mif or a few others) have noticed this as well. The little things that really don't have any affect that are there anyway are just amazing to see. That much detail is going to be in a buy to play MMO? God just announce a release day already lol
    Yes! Its funny how the little things gets as amp'd as the major content as well, the underwater vid on one of the recent threads is so awesome. The seaweeds underwater respond to where the character is by moving aside, submerging underwater will actually leave a trail of bubbles from where you dove from, emering from water will leave droplets on the imaginary camera.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Rivehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,926
    -End Game FUN

  15. #35
    Great, now i'm excited and the game does not even have a release date yet .

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Great, now i'm excited and the game does not even have a release date yet .
    That is one of the things that makes me excited for the game. They are not rushing to meet a Christmas deadline and will hopefully ship it when it is finished.

    I have tried to stay away from this game all together since looking it up around this time last year. They have some great innovations on the standard MMO.

    What excites me the most is that this game is being designed with pvp specifically in mind. I love MMO pvp. I love the epic battlegrounds with spells flying everywhere, stealthies popping up and backstabbing, arrows arcing through the air, and warriors wreaking havoc in the trenches.

    Ya, I may just have to build a new PC for this game. The vivacious visuals and surreal scope of combat will surely require some muscle. Oh, and the characters are so detailed and smooth. Amazing!

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 01:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Just to say, no auto-attack is not necessarily a good thing. Just look at SWTOR, for instance; they boasted that they had no auto-attack, but instead they had a no-cooldown no-cost ability that you would frantically mash every time you have a gap between ability usage. IMO that's much worse than having auto-attack, especially because it makes Jedi combat, which is supposed to look very fluid and connected, look rather clunky and choppy.
    Ya, all they did was make auto-attack a player responsibility. Not exactly what I had in mind when I heard no auto-attack. Animations were smoother, but player controlled filler is still filler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •