Getting back to rift! Some questions!

I played on release, some reasons why I quit.

~Same thing as wow, I kill stuff I hand it in.
    ~FPS lag, areas weren't optimized (I got a 560 ti now, I had a GTS 250)
    ~Overwhelming amount of information, what are souls? etc,
    ~Ability delays

Some things I liked

~Overhaul on graphics for MMOS
    ~New MMO, always new things to do.

==================================

What have they fixed, what have they added?

And some background information I guess.

I played SWTOR for a bounty hunter - level 47.

One thing I hated about SWTOR is the annoying ability delay, it becomes frustration to play and the controls are no where as smooth as wow. On top of that, it takes like 4-5 days PLAYED to hit level 50, I 'm looking for something a bit faster.

I played wow since 2005, vanilla, on & off. I have 3 85's, I'm a very competitive PVPer, around 2400+ rating in arenas.

======

Basically what I want to know is..

~Is PVP Fun?
    ~Is their a competitive PVP environment
    ~IS leveling faster?
    ~Best PVP realm, and most populated (I like overpopulated realms regardless of wait times)

Thanks guys!
    hey im gud

Deleted
    I find pvp very fun, but i'm one of these people that hate arena in wow and love the big battles of warhammer online, there's no competitive aspect to it that i know of and doesn't seem to be any indication of any being added. The levelling is supposedly very fast if you wish to just get to 50 as quick as possible but it is very much your typical style of questing and if you're in the EU then Bloodiron would be the pvp realm.

Also you mentioned the souls being overwhelming and if you check some of the other threads here you'll see that in 1.7 which should be out within the next couple weeks they're introducing something that should make it a lot easier for new players to pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Dravian View Post
    Basically what I want to know is..

~Is PVP Fun?
    ~Is their a competitive PVP environment
    ~IS leveling faster?
    ~Best PVP realm, and most populated (I like overpopulated realms regardless of wait times)
    I enjoy PvP, but I PvP with some fantastic guys in my guild and to be honest that's the only way anyone should ever PvP: with friends. Some people don't enjoy the 'grind' of PvP and starting out so weak compared to max rank players, but there are a lot of changes coming in 1.7 in a week or two's time to make the experience less difficult for new PvPers.

There is also decent world PvP on many realms, even PvE ones. Again, improvements to that coming in 1.7.

Sadly there is nothing like Rated BGs or Arenas for competitive PvP at this time.

Levelling is reasonably quick, but if you just hammer quests you're going to find it monotonous. Mix it up with Rifts, Invasions, Dungeons and PvP Warfronts.

PvP realm wise, Seastone for the US, Bloodiron for the EU. I can't tell you what faction balance is like though, you'll have to ask someone on those realms.

Seastone is relatively even, perhaps one of the few servers with a slight Guardian advantage.

Also Trion is introducing a new method of acquiring souls when levelling to make it much easier to understand once 1.7 drops in a few weeks.

Ive been wondring about starting RIFT again, played a uhm...the one with paladin spec to lvl 30ish i think, or 20ish...been a loooooong time since i checked..i found lvling fun, but it took so long running to places but again, i like taking my time and learning shit about stuff and perhaps become a half decent shoe ingame.

So how is the balance ingame? is there like really imbalance between some classes or is it pretty even? and how is lvl 50 really?
    One of my favourite aspect was the animation's tbh, really loved it when my paladin(warlord or what the hell the 2he dps spec was named) was swinging his big axe
    I do belive in fairytales...I really do!

There are no ability delays in Rift aside from the GCD. Which is longer than in some other games. So it's merely a matter of understanding their particular combat mechanic.