14 8.24%
  • Maybe.. Don't know.

23 13.53%
  • You're an idiot, we are easy to play.

23 13.53%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP inc - Anybody else consider rerolling?

Hey Warlocks

So as some of you may have noticed, warlocks have been made more and more complex for every expansion, I assume MoP will not be any different. The only reason I still play my warlock is all of my mounts, my pets and my ancient achievements.

I do enjoy it, but it is already overcomplicated and far harder than any other class as of now.
    By that logic, MoP will add another dot and another cooldown abilities for every warlock spec, increasing our skillcap-level further.

I don't mind the game being complicated, but the feeling that I am putting 90 times more effort into my class, in order to perform at the level of other facerolling specs; is just frustrating.

Frustrating enough to make this post anyway.

Personally I consider going mage, they seem to be Blizzard's new favorite.

Deleted
    As of now they are not half as complicated as say Affli in BC. however they are still the most complicated dps and for that reason the only dps I enjoy playing as. Im not gonna reminisce about the good old days of Fear/curse of Agony and all my action bars full but I really do hope Warlocks, and other classes get some of their complexity about them. DPS's used to have a role that was larger than the damage they did, they weren't just machine guns.

Deleted
    The only thing I MIGHT be changing, is my spec. I'm currently Aff/Demo. I loved Destruction back in the days, but that's just not feasible right now.

As for rotation and stuff.... easy enough.

To be honest I don't think being a lock is hard, and to answer the poll, no, I will not be re-rolling, been my main for 7 years, intend to keep it that way!
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I loved Destruction back in the days, but that's just not feasible right now.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

What?
    What i get for tldr on the original post, i completely missed that

Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Hey Warlocks

So as some of you may have noticed, warlocks have been made more and more complex for every expansion, I assume MoP will not be any different. The only reason I still play my warlock is all of my mounts, my pets and my ancient achievements.

I do enjoy it, but it is already overcomplicated and far harder than any other class as of now.
    By that logic, MoP will add another dot and another cooldown abilities for every warlock spec, increasing our skillcap-level further.

I don't mind the game being complicated, but the feeling that I am putting 90 times more effort into my class, in order to perform at the level of other facerolling specs; is just frustrating.

Frustrating enough to make this post anyway.

Personally I consider going mage, they seem to be Blizzard's new favorite.
    lol!!!

SORRY locks are not hard, they have an easy spec, and a harder spec, but they are easier than the hardest specs (sub, enha, feral and masterfrost dk).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I'm not sure what you're finding complicated about it. Sure, it's got annoying elements that should be removed for the sake of ease of life, but not much else.

Personally, I'm thinking of switching my lock to main in Mists, the new talent tree for you guys looks pretty darn interesting if you ask me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

What?
    I agree.... what? Destro is currently on par with, or better than the other two specs, depending on the fight.

Also, destro is only getting easier come MoP. Two of our dots are going away (BoD and Corruption), ISF is going away, and we're getting one hell of an aoe boost. All in all, destro should be the easiest spec to play, and if it's balanced right I intend to stick with it.

Deleted
    feral druids are the hardest spec/class (whatever) to play, warlocks don't even get close to it :P, if you want something easy i'd recommend you rerolling something that is unbalanced in that expansion like a mage and rogue are right now

Don't turn this thread into a "no, my spec is harder to play!" pissing contest.

Deleted
    It's not about having a low skillcap, it's about the ratio between abilities and overall rocket science versus pure dps output.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Hey Warlocks

So as some of you may have noticed, warlocks have been made more and more complex for every expansion, I assume MoP will not be any different.
    I think they are simplifying locks on MoP. from a demo PoV:

immo aura and hellfire are being fused together;
    demo locks no longer have incinerate;
    soulstone is no longer an item, now it's just a spell;
    demo now only has bane of doom (each spec has it's own bane now, so no more theorycrafting about when agony is better than doom)
    the only new button for the rotation is wild imps;

The general trend so far is that all rotations have been slowly getting more and more complicated with time, whether due to new abilities, talents, or even set piece bonuses. Warlocks have neither the most complicated nor simplest rotations currently; overall they are about average.

If you don't like this, then it seems like you are not happy with the direction WoW is heading in terms of PvE.

Deleted
    Regardless if we are actually harder to play or not, I specifically picked warlock since my view was that they were a bit harder. And as such, I would be able to stand out more if I learned how to play one properly. That a spec is hard to play does not mean I wan't to jump ship, it's quite the opposite!

From a gameplay standpoint I haven't seen anything to suggest they're gnna dumb us down to the degree of the 3.1 affliction dot consolidation, and hell - I still played through that change. om top of that the warlock talents seem to be some of the coolest of all the classes so I really am looking forward to MoP

So far it looks like the rotations will be severely simplified with MoP and there shouldn't be any worries about the class becoming harder to play. Using the information we can gather from the talent calculator, this is roughly how our priorities might look like single target:

Affliction
    Doomguard
    Unstable Affliction
    Corruption
    Bane of Agony
    Drain Soul (<25%)
    Malefic Grasp

Demonology
    Doomguard
    Metamorphosis (depending on Demonic Fury)
    Corruption
    Bane of Doom
    Wild Imps
    Hand of Gul'dan
    (Shadowflame - might be nerfed to only be viable for multiple targets)
    Soul Fire (every 30 seconds when above 25% and filler below 25%)
    Shadow Bolt/Demonic Slash

Destruction
    Doomguard
    Immolate
    Conflagrate
    Soul Fire (when instant)
    Shadowburn (<20%)
    Incinerate

(I may have forgot things)

I'm definitely staying lock. I love all the specs, and they just seem to be getting better with MoP. I have no reason whatsoever to change.

I was initially a bit ticked off at how MoP is screwing witht eh talent trees yet again, but after I did some looking into it I'm now looking forward to it. The transition will indeed be rough as alot of us have our rotations and priorities almost set to muscle memory but after the teething period all will be fine. Also every other class will have that 1-2 week period of 'WTF...this doesn't feel right!' so no biggie.

I'm really looking forward to my lock in MoP. Now if only they didn't have that stupid idea of no flying till level 90 in the MoP zones.....THEN I would be happy...even if it cost 20k gold...leveling riding around is going to be a bitch judging by how large the zone could be, unless they are REALLY pretty, then I wouldn't care too much.

Deleted
    Been a warlock for 6 years now, liking the way we are going in MoP ( our talent choices actually seem rather fun compared to other classes), we are one of the only classes for which all 3 specs are pve viable.

So, no complaints ( aside from the crappy destruction aoe)