14 8.24%
  • Maybe.. Don't know.

23 13.53%
  • You're an idiot, we are easy to play.

23 13.53%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you.
    Playing warlock since vanilla, the current state of Warlocks in Cata is still dumbed down to what it was.

- There's one less dot you can use (immolate/UA)
    - there's no such thing as a max dot cap on bosses anymore
    - other classes offer debuffs like CoE/CoW
    - you don't have to carry 40 shards or go out to farm them
    - you don't have to CC 3 targets with a succubus + fear + banish in (some) instances anymore
    - you can't clip dot's anymore
    - soulshards as items have been removed from the game (crap, going outside, no shards to summon my felhunter before the boss)
    - you can summon into dungeons where ever you want instead of outside
    - you don't have to enslave your infernal when you cast it
    - you don't need the help of 4 others including a death when summoning a doomguard
    - etc etc etc the list goes on
    Dumbed down? Almost every single one of those things was nothing but a quality of life change.

Having to carry around a bag full of soul shards didn't make the class more complex, it was just fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

What?
    I would like to point out that cata destruction is crap, it's burst sucks and it has a weird rotation. like it or not, you can't deny it's a little off.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 02:17 PM ----------

Dumbed down? Almost every single one of those things was nothing but a quality of life change.

Having to carry around a bag full of soul shards didn't make the class more complex, it was just fucking stupid.
    If anything warlocks have been made infinatly more complex, I would trade my destro rotation for the wrath tbc or vanilla one.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    it's burst sucks and it has a weird rotation.
    /warlocks

Destruction is fine right now

/warlocks

I concur, I love playing destro now, but then again playing demo makes me want to puke so..

Edit: Potty mouth penguin.
    Last edited by Cyner; 2012-02-01 at 07:20 PM.
    Cyner#1996

Warlocks are pretty much fine game-wise IMHO. They have their problems, some things are clunky, some make me want to poke my eyes, but overall - I enjoy warlock in Cata.
    Though I already rerolled, changing my main into DK - simply because I grow tired of being able to only DPS. I've rolled blood DK, and play her as my main ATM.
    I still have my Warlock ready for MoP because the changes look just too cool to be real O.O Though come MoP I will most likely reroll Pandaren Monk as main 'cause I've been waiting for them since TFT... xD

So to answer your question - I will reroll, but not because warlocks are hard.. They are not (when you have addons that help you with dot tracing xD) that bad, and deffinitelly are and will be enjoyable to play.. But I got tired of not being able to perform different role in a group plus I really, really, really (times infinity) wanted to play as Pandaren monk..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    /warlocks

agreed...now if only i could master it...

I will not be rerolling, 200+ days played on my lock. I wanna see how high i can go.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the main question, who knows?

Who knows what will class will be holding my attention, or if I'll even still be playing by the time MoP comes out. It's so far out and so much can and will change by then that it's not even worth thinking about at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answered maybe. Would rather stay lock, but I'm waiting for the beta to see.

warlock warlock warlock till blizzard close its servers down.

i tried other classes, nothing compares to the warlocks

GO WARLOCKS
    Be feared, or be fuel

Honestly, I might reroll

For two reasons:

1) I love the Shadow Bolt filler of Affliction, and don't want to see it go away.

2) I don't want to play Demo if it's going to be a melee caster

I love the Warlock changes, but it's going to depress me that these two things might ruin my Warlock for me
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH