Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    Why would you be affliction on Madness anyways? It does the least DPS in DS (with exception of Lootship 2.0), especially on this fight. Just a suggestion... Demo or Destro both do well, unless you're absolutely uncomfortable with these two specs.
    Affliction far and away the best dps for madness.

Nothing can compare to alt;modifer, multi-dotting juggling.

Deleted
    spellweave is a buff you get on madness and its sick for DoT classes. Also dont multi DoT hands and tents for us it seemed to bugg the timer with the small tentacles on the hand and end up wiping us (not 100% sure thats the case ).

what poofighta said: when I and a few other dot classes tried dotting the other platform we spawned the hungering tentacles when the single tentacle (that casts impale) spawned at the same time and we quickly wiped. (forgot the actual names)

For affliction considering the 20% haste buff you get (depending on how you are doing the fight) boa would always be the best spell while you have the buff
    Last edited by Glnger; 2012-01-25 at 03:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    what poofighta said: when I and a few other dot classes tried dotting the other platform we spawned the hungering tentacles when the single tentacle (that casts impale) spawned at the same time and we quickly wiped. (forgot the actual names)

For affliction considering the 20% haste buff you get (depending on how you are doing the fight) boa would always be the best spell while you have the buff
    Considering BOA becomes superior to BOD at approximately 100% increased haste rating - please ignore the above

BOD on the wing or arm, BOA on the mutated corruptions - and dont be dps horny and push the blisterings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    Drain life does refresh corruption, but doesn't mean you should refresh it that way. Same with fel flame and UA, you just don't use that spell to refresh UA.
    I personally keep BoD on the arm and use BoA on everything else, and then use the target with BoA to soulswap off.
    What FrizzleMe said about the travel time, it can be tight in the last phase, but all other phases seem fine.
    Only have logs for Heroic Madness if that's any use, though I doubt it.
    UA Felflame refreshing
    1 feflame = 6 seconds of increased duration on UA
    UA total duration = 15 seconds?
    UA damage = about 1/3 of shadow bolt? maybe slightly more.

Drain Life Corruption refreshing
    1 tick of drain life = full corruption duration refresh
    Corruption total duration = 18 seconds
    Drain life damage = Drain life was competetive to Shadow Bolt earlier in the expansion. mainly on fights with more movement, that was until it's damage was nerfed by 25%, It still is a cast and not an instant designed for movement such as felflame so it does more damage.

See my logic?

Quote Originally Posted by herpiderpi View Post
    See my logic?
    It'd be solid if Haunt didn't exist.

Deleted
    Can we just shut this thread and remove it from the face of the earth? I'm pretty sure anyone who's scrolled through this thread has lost a few IQ just by doing so.

Affliction is the spec out of all warlock specs that benifits the most from haste (true after 2681 rating for destruction), as such it's obviously a good spec to bring to the encounter.

- Drain Life refreshes Corruption.
    - Drain Soul refreshes UA (execute) and Corruption.
    - Haunt refreshes Corruption.

BoA is used whenever you're soulswapping. The top ranking warlocks are all using it at some point in this fight (and it constitues much more of their damage than BoD). As such, it's definitely used a lot throughout the fight.

I hope this sums most of it up. Now please, for the sake of all warlocks around the globe, let's pretend this thread never happened.
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2012-01-25 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Few mistypes/mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    It'd be solid if Haunt didn't exist.
    I think he means using drain life to refresh haunt while multidotting since you can only use haunt to keep one corruption refreshed with haunt. If he doesn't then no, it is not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I think he means using drain life to refresh haunt
    O.o what is going on here.

I think he means using drain life to refresh haunt while multidotting since you can only use haunt to keep one corruption refreshed with haunt. If he doesn't then no, it is not worth it.
    Assuming the time you spend channeling DL is only a global, yeah, sure, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    O.o what is going on here.
    lmao obviously a typo I meant corruption http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47203

Deleted
    Same as provoke, i use BoD on arm as CDs are popped and all your trinkets are going off. and prepot.
    then BoA on mutated.

Soulswap is nice here, but it's not like you're gaining 2k dps. it's very marginal. imo the gain of doom over Boa on one target just out-performs the 1GCD per minute saved by soulswap.

On our guilds kills, arms tend to die when my BoD (number 2 or 3 can't remember) is about 10 seconds from ticking, so i use soulswap here : to swap from one arm (dying) to another (new platform).

The real win here is not soulswap, it's more of a double doomguard thing; pop the first one on blue platform, jump to green and all that stuff.

Deleted
    Thank you, this is exacly what I meant. and the fact the thread has derailed into oblivion is not my fault, the question was fairly straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    The real win here is not soulswap, it's more of a double doomguard thing; pop the first one on blue platform, jump to green and all that stuff.
    Except that all specs get double doomguards on the fight, not just affliction.

Well you can multi dot the tentacle and corruption, Seed on adds
    With 4 piece you dont have room for Soulburn -> seed since it will be a major dps loss

when you have to single target blistering, my best option so far is, target furthest one, Haunt, ua,corr. Next; UA cor, Next; UA cor SB...
    This gives enough dmg done on them to get them down and its how to cover the only week point of Afflic.... burst

In P2 if you're lucky all adds will be covered by Soulburn -> SoC and you can happy dappy dot away...
    Make sure you keep BoD on the main target; Corruption, Tentacle, DW's face

Use Soulswap when you go from tent -> corr, and vice versa and while jumping...

For the Bolts, target them when in range. Cast either UA or Haunt if available. and shadowbolt. Depending on your raid's dps you can use bane/corr

For the majority of the fight stuff will die before you get your dots on. Dont forget that a single shadowbolt is more dmg then cast nothing because you are afflic and adds duty sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you be affliction on Madness anyways? It does the least DPS in DS (with exception of Lootship 2.0), especially on this fight. Just a suggestion... Demo or Destro both do well, unless you're absolutely uncomfortable with these two specs.
    Affliction does more DPS on HZon'ozz unless your guild is nice enough to leave you sitting on the boss as Demo. Demo does awful on Madness because it benefits the least from the haste modifier and Destro can BoH on the other tentacle arm while Afflic can multi-dot.

Drain Life Corruption refreshing
    1 tick of drain life = full corruption duration refresh
    Corruption total duration = 18 seconds
    Drain life damage = Drain life was competetive to Shadow Bolt earlier in the expansion. mainly on fights with more movement, that was until it's damage was nerfed by 25%, It still is a cast and not an instant designed for movement such as felflame so it does more damage.
    Drain Life does not tick instantly and needs to be channeled to tick, in addition you need to be facing the target. Considering how Corruption is an instant cast that only takes 1 GCD I don't see why you would ever want to refresh it with Drain Life. As Afflic, unless you plan on keeping up 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace through swapping between the tentacle and the arm with SB, you don't even need to face the arm if you want to keep multi-dotting since none of our dots have a facing requirement. So again, considering how Drain Life has a facing requirement, does not do damage instantly but has to wait for a tick, and corruption is an instant cast, why would you ever want to refresh corruption with Drain Life?

So I'm sorry for not seeing the point in this question, but keeping up an instant cast is not hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Drain Life does not tick instantly and needs to be channeled to tick, in addition you need to be facing the target. Considering how Corruption is an instant cast that only takes 1 GCD I don't see why you would ever want to refresh it with Drain Life. As Afflic, unless you plan on keeping up 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace through swapping between the tentacle and the arm with SB, you don't even need to face the arm if you want to keep multi-dotting since none of our dots have a facing requirement. So again, considering how Drain Life has a facing requirement, does not do damage instantly but has to wait for a tick, and corruption is an instant cast, why would you ever want to refresh corruption with Drain Life?

So I'm sorry for not seeing the point in this question, but keeping up an instant cast is not hard.
    I never said keeping up an instant cast is hard. The fact remains Corruption Blanket recast = zero damage from the cast itself. Drain Life refresh = damage. If Fel Flame refreshed the whole duration of UA we would just refresh it with Fel Flame, do you really not understand? Also one tick of corruption takes less than 1 second even assuming the reduced GCD limit has been reached and you can easily turn around for Drain Life on the off target while casting.

I use aft for this fight and I'm generally second behind our SP. Just dot everything. BOD on the arm/wing whatever and use BOA on everything else. If you can time SB seed for the oozes it's awesome but don't hold it off for too long because they should die pretty fast regardless.

Just dot all the things and you'll be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpiderpi View Post
    I never said keeping up an instant cast is hard. The fact remains Corruption Blanket recast = zero damage from the cast itself. Drain Life refresh = damage. If Fel Flame refreshed the whole duration of UA we would just refresh it with Fel Flame, do you really not understand? Also one tick of corruption takes less than 1 second even assuming the reduced GCD limit has been reached and you can easily turn around for Drain Life on the off target while casting.
    The point you are glossing over is that turning around takes time, and drain life damage is low for just one tick. In the time it takes to do that you could be casting Corruption and have started the cast time of another spell.

Drain life also costs 2466 mana, where as Corruption costs 1233 mana. You should never cast drain life just to refresh corruption. The reason why you sometimes use Fel flame to refresh UA is because fel flame is an instant cast and UA is not. But since Corruption is an instant cast, doesn't require you to face your target, and is cheaper the Drain Life you should never be using it JUST to refresh corruption.

18:08:57> Raider's Training Dummy is afflicted by Rhorle's Drain Life.
    18:08:57> Rhorle gains Rhorle's Combat Mind.
    18:08:58> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 2265 Shadow damage from Rhorle's Drain Life.
    18:08:58> Rhorle gains 2893 Health from Rhorle's Drain Life.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The point you are glossing over is that turning around takes time, and drain life damage is low for just one tick. In the time it takes to do that you could be casting Corruption and have started the cast time of another spell.

Drain life also costs 2466 mana, where as Corruption costs 1233 mana. You should never cast drain life just to refresh corruption. The reason why you sometimes use Fel flame to refresh UA is because fel flame is an instant cast and UA is not. But since Corruption is an instant cast, doesn't require you to face your target, and is cheaper the Drain Life you should never be using it JUST to refresh corruption.
    I dont know about you but I have no problems rotating the camera 180 degrees when I'm casting.
    As for the mana requirement for drain life compared to corruption, lets say I use drain life to refresh corruption 20 times on one platform. that's 20 globals worth of DAMAGE compared to 20 globals of not doing damage, It might cost you an additional life tap, rest can be done when you are moving between platforms and cost you no dps loss.
    Also, are you sure the dummy you were testing DL on had 3 stacks of Shadow's Embrace and Haunt and CoE?, it seems to hit harder for me, might be because of more mastery and SP.
    Last edited by mmoc211de5c2cf; 2012-01-26 at 10:42 AM.