Feral Tank Trinket Question

Just picked up Soulshifter Vortex in LFR and I was currently running with Wrath of Unchaining and Resolve of Undying, I was wondering which to run with out of the three as they are all pretty sweet for tanking.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would use wrath of unchaining and resolve of undying for most tanking purposes and for fights you need more stam use soulshifter + another stam trinket.

Feral Tank Trinket Choice

I'm looking for opinion's and reason why for the top 2. Lets say all are the Raid Finder versions. These are the 4 choices..

Matrix Restabilizer
    Wrath of Unchaining
    Soulshifter Vortex
    Indomitable Pride

Deleted
    Wrath of Unchaining and Soulshifter Vortex imo.

Indomitable pride may be more useful on fights such as Warmaster and Madness though due to the guarentee of dropping you really low in a massive hit. Thus ensuring a big absorb.

Deleted
    Soulshifter Vortex
    Indomitable Pride

Only for the reason, stacking stamina in this patch seems to be a viable way to tank (especially for Madness)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Wrath and Fire of the Deep, and I have no complaints Then again I haven't raided anything but LFR with that char But that's still the trinkets I'd use in normal, if I was raiding heroic I'd get hold and use stam trinkets whenever my health pool felt to small.. Avoidance and mastery feels smoother, but sometimes having more HP than God is the only way to do it

Edit: And even tho stam stacking again is viable don't mean your healers will thank you for it

Without a link to your armory or a little info on what you are tanking (RF, Normal or HC) i can only point you towards Wrath and Matrix as they provide the most bang for buck in terms of avoidance and threat (AP, Crit and dodge naturally). The mastery proc on matrix is fantastic and also great for feral DPS.

Swap in Indomitable Pride for the more magic heavy fights. Soulshifter is good but when you consider the stats they almost contradict each other for what we need them for, the Stamina is great as we'd need it for magic fights but the mastery proc would be better served in a melee heavy fight.

TL: DR, unless your doing HC's then you want as much agility as you can get your hands on, you already have more HP than your equally geared DK, Paladin or warrior so why should you need anymore.

I use(as a DK tank though)

-Indomitable pride Heroic( very situational trinket, absolute life saver on Morchok/Warlord/yor'sahj/Hagara/Ultraxion Heroic
    - the VP mastery trinket ( having an extra controllable cooldown is awesome imo, though its something I prefer as play style

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alanium View Post
    I'm looking for opinion's and reason why for the top 2. Lets say all are the Raid Finder versions. These are the 4 choices..

Matrix Restabilizer
    Wrath of Unchaining
    Soulshifter Vortex
    Indomitable Pride
    All 4. Matrix and wrath of unchaining for most tanking purposes and the fights where you need more stam use the other 2 stam trinkets.

What about the stacking Dodge trinket? (Sorry can't pull name... not at home)
    Wouldn't the stacking agi and stacking Dodge trinks serve as a standard unless magicbhgd heavy?

Get all of the trinkets including the TB trinket and just use the best 2 depending on the fight. It's a no brainer. THINK

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    What about the stacking Dodge trinket? (Sorry can't pull name... not at home)
    Wouldn't the stacking agi and stacking Dodge trinks serve as a standard unless magicbhgd heavy?
    Yes, but it looked like the OP was asking specifically about the 4 trinkets he listed.

Deleted
    As the topic started asked, i also need some advice in my trinket choice.
    Im raiding HC DS now progressing on Warlord and Hagara. I Cant post links yet, character is Lorimbas on laughing skull eu

Trinket choices are : Mirror of Broken Images, Soulshifter normal, wrath of unchaining normal, scales of life hc

Thanks

Deleted
    I'd stay with Resolve of Undying + Wrath of Unchaining. Soulshifter Vortex has a nice amount of stamina, but the proc is pretty shitty, only use it if you are getting 1shot by the boss.
    I can recommend getting the Fire of the Deep valor trinket asap. Having 2300 dodge rating on demand is reallly nice for a lot of the encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-01-26 at 01:02 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caphalor View Post
    As the topic started asked, i also need some advice in my trinket choice.
    Im raiding HC DS now progressing on Warlord and Hagara. I Cant post links yet, character is Lorimbas on laughing skull eu

Trinket choices are : Mirror of Broken Images, Soulshifter normal, wrath of unchaining normal, scales of life hc

Thanks
    wrath of unchaining & fluid death
    soulshifter + scales when you need the extra stam
    keep mirror in yo bag

@Mihir
    Not that fire of the deeps isn't a bad trinket, but druid tanks just got so many better options. I'd almost rather run with fluid death + tia's grace and wait for other upgrades before I spent the VP on fire of the deeps, assuming you still have other gear to acquire via VP vendor. If you're revered with avengers of hyjal I would say APS is a lot better than what fire of the deeps gives for druid tanks.
    Last edited by rated; 2012-01-26 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Which two of these trinkets should i use for tanking normal Dragonsoul?
    And once i get Soulshifter Vortex Normal, which two should i use then?

Resolve of Undying (403 - Normal)
    Indomitable Pride (397 - Normal)
    Fire of the Deep (397 - VP)
    Also Veil of Lies (378 Cata heroic, doubt i should be using that one )

resolve + fire (though I don't care much for the latter). or resolve + IP

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitzu View Post
    Which two of these trinkets should i use for tanking normal Dragonsoul?
    And once i get Soulshifter Vortex Normal, which two should i use then?

Resolve of Undying (403 - Normal)
    Indomitable Pride (397 - Normal)
    Fire of the Deep (397 - VP)
    Also Veil of Lies (378 Cata heroic, doubt i should be using that one )
    resolve of undying + fluid death

DO not use the Dodge trinket from Deathwing. It might be okay for some other classes VERY situationally, but for bears, we have so much dodge that it truly doesn't do that much. Assuming you are using that dodge trinket instead of anything with agility, it's only maybe 2% more dodge (in some cases not even) and you are then losing all that agility.

Keep in mind that even though you are tanking, pumping out dps is still needed and is very easily and well done by a bear tank. Thus, stacking agility is usually the best way to go once you have enough hp (usually 15k or so more than other tanks similarly geared) as you are gaining great mitigation while maintaining high dps. The extra vengeance from stam isn't enough to outway dps from agility. And if you ever get to Heroic Zonozz or Ultra, your guild will thank you for being able to do as much dmg as you should be able to do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    DO not use the Dodge trinket from Deathwing. It might be okay for some other classes VERY situationally, but for bears, we have so much dodge that it truly doesn't do that much. Assuming you are using that dodge trinket instead of anything with agility, it's only maybe 2% more dodge (in some cases not even) and you are then losing all that agility.

Keep in mind that even though you are tanking, pumping out dps is still needed and is very easily and well done by a bear tank. Thus, stacking agility is usually the best way to go once you have enough hp (usually 15k or so more than other tanks similarly geared) as you are gaining great mitigation while maintaining high dps. The extra vengeance from stam isn't enough to outway dps from agility. And if you ever get to Heroic Zonozz or Ultra, your guild will thank you for being able to do as much dmg as you should be able to do.
    I don't know what you're taking about, but the agility + dodge trinket from spine are BiS for druid tanks.

http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=449