Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Warrior] Bladestorm is useless atm.

I know there are alot of threads about Warriors being extremely underpowered atm. in the PvP - part of the WoW..
    Another example is the Bladestorm - our final talent in the Arms tree.

Bladestorm is used for "Destructive damage, unstoppable movement". What it does in reality is:

• Makes your character eligible to be moved only, but otherwise uncontrollable
    • Breaks roots and grants you immunity vs. roots and fear for a moment

Sounds good? Well these are the bad sides:

• Bladestorm's damage is extremely low. It's a good spell vs. a bunch of enemies, but in 1v1 & 2v2 it's completely useless. The DPS is around 2-6k depending on the resiliency of the target.
    • Simple spells such as priests' Psychic Horror, Rogues' disarm, Warriors' disarm etc. will stop this effect.

So the conclusion? A spell that is used to get out of one or two rooting effects, makes no real damage in PvP. and has a ridiculous cooldown of 1.25 minutes. Can be cancelled any time by enemy players.. there's a Rogue in all the 5v5 teams for example. During the spell you are completely vulnerable to all sorts of damage.

Here's a typical screen of Bladestorm's damage:

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    It's a good spell vs. a bunch of enemies
    this is mainly what it's for. its like blizzard for warriors. the bonus is the snare break/immunity
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted
    Not to be rude or to troll or anything but, did you play during wotlk?

If so, dont whine. I will slap you and everyone you love.

Deleted
    Was expecting you to come with a solution but then the post ended. I see your problem, but what exactly do you propose blizzard should do to buff bladestorm?
    Can't just up the damage that would make it far too great in aoe pve

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when it was skill storm.

Can be cancelled any time by enemy players

well then tell me how my resto shaman can cancel it? not all classes got disarm effects.

and elemental shaman get

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61882

i would trade ir for bladestorm anytime.

not everyting is based on pvp. i little reminder. most of players play this game for pve.
    so blizzard balance most of there stuff toward pve.

as far damage goes i think its that big of concern the fact only 3 classes can stop it 4 if you count hunters pets i dont really see where the qq comes in your unstunable unrootable unfearable

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1966/feint
    is also very good vs bladestorm if u want to disarm the recklessness later ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post
    Was expecting you to come with a solution but then the post ended. I see your problem, but what exactly do you propose blizzard should do to buff bladestorm?
    Can't just up the damage that would make it far too great in aoe pve
    They could for example increase Whirlwind's damage vs. players only.
    They could also make you completely immune to all sort of CC and cancelling effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, why did you post something from a Battleground instead of an arena where you would probably be able to see the damage if you were being focused?

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    not everyting is based on pvp. i little reminder. most of players play this game for pve.
    so blizzard balance most of there stuff toward pve.
    Wrong

Most things included in "balance nerfs" were mainly for PvP balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Wrong

Most things included in "balance nerfs" were mainly for PvP balance.
    true but the low dmg has everyting to do with pve

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I know there are alot of threads about Warriors being extremely underpowered atm. in the PvP - part of the WoW..
    Another example is the Bladestorm - our final talent in the Arms tree.

Bladestorm is used for "Destructive damage, unstoppable movement". What it does in reality is:

• Makes your character eligible to be moved only, but otherwise uncontrollable
    • Breaks roots and grants you immunity vs. roots and fear for a moment

Sounds good? Well these are the bad sides:

• Bladestorm's damage is extremely low. It's a good spell vs. a bunch of enemies, but in 1v1 & 2v2 it's completely useless. The DPS is around 2-6k depending on the resiliency of the target.
    • Simple spells such as priests' Psychic Horror, Rogues' disarm, Warriors' disarm etc. will stop this effect.

So the conclusion? A spell that is used to get out of one or two rooting effects, makes no real damage in PvP. and has a ridiculous cooldown of 1.25 minutes. Can be cancelled any time by enemy players.. there's a Rogue in all the 5v5 teams for example. During the spell you are completely vulnerable to all sorts of damage.

Here's a typical screen of Bladestorm's damage:
    Sorry but people aren't complaining about warriors in PVP. If they are they are bad players.

Warriors are great in PVP, very balanced, and they REALLY don't need more burst. Learn to use recklessness appropriately whats more, bladestorm puts pressure on targets that can only be broken with disarming, they cannot be cc'd any other way - including slows. It also allows them (with using SS) to attack multiple targets for high damage, which is good when targets are going apeshit on your healer - throwdown one, pop SS and BS, and if they stay with your healer they are putting more pressure on themselves than your healer.

This is unfortunately a L2P issue, you clearly need to do it.

Unless you are saying "I want us to be lolstorm again and not require us to think before we nuke"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Sorry but people aren't complaining about warriors in PVP. If they are they are bad players.

Warriors are great in PVP, very balanced, and they REALLY don't need more burst. Learn to use recklessness appropriately
    You know Recklessness has a CD of 5 minutes? And it also increases my damage taken by 20%? I can not just pop it when ever I want to, the +20% damage taken is a sick disadvantage because a DPS class bursts me down very fast while I have it active.

Deleted
    Lol can rogues disarm a bladestorm? Do rogues have a weakness nowadays? Ive been wondering that since they can selfheal and ignore 70% armor after a skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    pop SS and BS
    Not sure that's such a brilliant idea, seeing how bs+ss only yields one extra attack. Maybe one extra swing can be useful sometimes, but it's hardly anything extreme. I guess you already knew that though, otherwise you might wanna stop shouting "l2p" to everyone else.
    (God, I'll hate myself if I'm wrong on this one!)

OT: Bladestorm has its uses, but it's not as good as it used to be. Whether or not it should be that good again, i don't know.
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

Deleted

Warriors are great in PVP, very balanced, and they REALLY don't need more burst. Learn to use recklessness appropriately whats more, bladestorm puts pressure on targets that can only be broken with disarming, they cannot be cc'd any other way - including slows. It also allows them (with using SS) to attack multiple targets for high damage, which is good when targets are going apeshit on your healer - throwdown one, pop SS and BS, and if they stay with your healer they are putting more pressure on themselves than your healer.

Unless you are saying "I want us to be lolstorm again and not require us to think before we nuke"

Dude warriors are terrible atm, Saying anyone that complains about warriors in pvp are bad players, the actual correct way that sentence should be is, anyone NOT complaining about warriors that play a warrior are bad players.

Go to arena junkies warrior forums and get past 1200 rating and you might realise this

10+ Year Old Account

you know nothing about pvp at all.warriors are the lowest represented class in all of wow in 3 man arena over 2.2k.the higher you go up in ratings the fewer warriors there are.the only spot a warrior will get is a tank spot on a rbg team.no wants to arena with warriors or let them dps on rbgs teams.this season is worse then S5,and the dumb asses at blizz are doing nothing to bring warriors back up to where they should be.pvp is broken in this game and panda's will nit fix it.

Deleted

Warriors are great in PVP, very balanced, and they REALLY don't need more burst(...)

Haha, funny. You're funny. I complain about warriors every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Facedesk View Post
    OT: Bladestorm has its uses, but it's not as good as it used to be. Whether or not it should be that good again, i don't know.
    Truth is this and the rest's gravy. Bladestorm's still far from useless, both in BGs and arena, but it's clearly not as good as it used to be - I play with a warrior in 3v3 and most of the time the way we get a kill if by forcing a disarm (if there is a rogue/warrior in the opposing team) and then reckstorming when our warrior is about to lose his target (slows, incoming kidney shot, rogue dancing, casted fears, etc. etc.) and then cancelling when he wants to interrupt or when he feels he can stick on his target again and do more damage outside of storm.

But yeah, the damage it does without reck is pretty appalling, hence most use we make of it when reck's on CD is to storm openers, kidneys/HoJs, getting out of bombs when leap's on CD, getting out of roots out of LoS of dispels, etc.

Bladestorm should do more damage.Not a lot more but a bit so it could get competitive in 1v1
    2v2 - Fire is OP as Hell- 2133 Rating
    Lamurt ( Resto Shammy)
    Ryan ( Fire Mage)