Deleted

"I quit" threads must be killed with fire

This is the Star Wars The Old Republic forum. This is where you come to discuss certain aspects of the game that you may be enjoying or not. Please, for the sake of sanity of the people that actualy like and enjoy this game, please moderators, stop allowing this kind of threads because it leads to a simple flame war.

I will never argue against a thread that says "this is what I dont like, what do you guys think?"

But "I Quit because I dont like it"? Seriously? Whats the purpose of it, you want to feel that your action is justified by the approval of other people that also quit the game?

I realize this thread is senseless, but I realize there is no other way. The people that browse this forum in a daily basis hate this kind of threads, just like people hate "I quit wow becuase its derp and SWTOR is much better" threads".

You only seek for attention, you want others to tell you "Oh you are so wise and your arguments are so valid! Well done sir, you better make sure that everyone knows that you quit that terrible game!!!!". And please, dont shield behind "if you dont care that I quit, why are you posting in this thread? :P :P :P"

Well, Ill tell you why people post on your thread: because theyre tired of people like you, and simply ignoring your thread wont kill the big beast that you guys are creating on the forum 80 times everyday. Quit, and go in peace, but please dont tell us, because the fucks we give are burried in Korriban, or something.

Thank you for reading, good night.

Deleted
    Agreed, personally i only want to hear nice things about the game or constructive feedback on things that would/could be improved about, hate reading posts from people that are just acting like whinny little babies looking for approval / attention

Deleted
    It's not a new phenomenon, folk need to announce it for some unknown psychological reason...Happens in WoW, Rift, EvE and every MMO

I find it important to hear both sides of the coin, if people are not into the game I want to know why. After all this is a forum of open discussion. Let people say what they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's not a new phenomenon, folk need to announce it for some unknown psychological reason...Happens in WoW, Rift, EvE and every MMO
    Yes, I realize that, but heres where moderators come into play. Please this is the only thing "we" ask, just stop allowing this kind of threads, thats all. I admit I had my wow-douchebag times, critizicing and all, but when I quit the game I QUIT. I stop looking at the wow general forum, I stop looking at the class changes, simply because I dont care. And for gods sake, I dont create a post and try to convince others to also quit, what is this, the jungle and the monkeys? You dont need anyones approval, just let it go, be in peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaws View Post
    Well, Ill tell you why people post on your thread: because theyre tired of people like you, and simply ignoring your thread wont kill the big beast that you guys are creating on the forum 80 times everyday. Quit, and go in peace, but please dont tell us, because the fucks we give are burried in Korriban, or something.
    Agreed with everything you said, but especially this.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Deleted
    Mods aren't on 24 7 though - they can only do so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree, no matter the game, these kinds of threads are annoying as hell.

Deleted
    because the fucks we give are burried in Korriban
    Not safe. Darth Egomaniac will go digging it up.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone else said both sides of the story must be given.

I agree that the "LOL I QUIT." attitude is annoying but things do need to be discussed and both sides need to be heard. In saying that the I quit threads need to stop, people who protect the game with their lives also need to calm down a little bit. That'll never happen though, having a proper discussion just doesn't work on most forums.

Deleted
    Threads which constructively review what is good and bad in a game are fine. But comparing X game to X game while saying X game is shit because X. Isn't in the slightest bit constructive, and that's pretty much all we get here.

We had ONE intelligent discussion last week, i can't find it now though, i think maybe the trolls turned up to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    As someone else said both sides of the story must be given.

I agree that the "LOL I QUIT." attitude is annoying but things do need to be discussed and both sides need to be heard. In saying that the I quit threads need to stop, people who protect the game with their lives also need to calm down a little bit. That'll never happen though, having a proper discussion just doesn't work on most forums.
    Of course we need both sides, this would be something senseless if only good things were allowed. Thats why I said "These are the things I dont like (or something agressive, doesnt matter), and here's my argument". The only problem I see in this wonderful forums are "I quit herpy dur".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a fairly well understood psychological phenomenom actually. Negative experiences tend to stand out in peoples heads. You remember the time that dude ninjad your gear from the dungeon for instance. Positive experiences generally speaking are no that bright or vivid. So when that guy grasciosly passed on the helm for you. You don't remember them as vividly or as bright. Thusly people feel the need to express their frustration because it seems more apparent and they seek validation and peer approval.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "I quit" threads aren't allowed on these boards. Also, please don't make threads about close topics and/or moderation.