Flashpoints info?

I have a 25 SW Marauder main that I've never done any flashpoints on. My new issue is on my 16 BH Powertech I'd like to start tanking some.

What I'd like to find is some guide or list of the flashpoint bosses and their abilities. It seems that torhead doesn't really have any info on what abilities the bosses have or what the drops are. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

No boss I've seen so far was able to provide some abilities that you couldn't learn during the fight so no additional tactical preparations were needed.

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/ has some decent information on some of the flashpoints. The wiki site has also started getting some updates though you'll have to sometimes really search google for any detail information.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Forum-Flashpoints Is also kinda of decent to browse through if you wish.

But as mention the fights least in normal are pretty easy to figure out, hardmode are similar and if anything could take a couple wipes to figure out (hopefully for your grp). Have been in some where people just don't learn; aka Mentor Assassin Droid on Directive 7. Tired of people not switching when the shields change as a healer. You attack the deflecting shield for more than a second or two and you are not getting healed (excluding dots classes).
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Deleted
    Just ask the party members for tactics..and if none knows just give it a try. I don't know what is up with peeps this gaming generation...can't play without guides telling them what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Just ask the party members for tactics..and if none knows just give it a try. I don't know what is up with peeps this gaming generation...can't play without guides telling them what to do.
    You play dps I guess? Cus you don't need to know anything just face roll and move out stuff (if you can manage that).

Tanks are harder. You need to know what you can handle and what to look out for. Asking for guides should not frowned upon. He is making your run smoother by trying to learn how to play.

If you search for the boss name on TorHead, boss abilities are generally in the comments.

No, not really. The tanks I played with didn't need tactics either, they just tank things at a logical place and make it easy for the rest of the group. that's a tank, not some bookworm reading off a suboptimal strategy guide.

all these years and still NOTHING beats tbc/pre-tbc warrior tanks stance dancing and doing amazing things while juggling different ccs (hamstrings, taunts, mocking blow, thunderclap etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    You play dps I guess? Cus you don't need to know anything just face roll and move out stuff (if you can manage that).

Tanks are harder. You need to know what you can handle and what to look out for. Asking for guides should not frowned upon. He is making your run smoother by trying to learn how to play.
    I'm a tank, and I run with a static group for all leveling, Heroics and FPs. I have never looked up a strat and it has never taken us more than 3 tries for anything. Usually one shot stuff. Sometimes takes one wipe to figure the main mechanic out.

Deleted
    One important thing I will say (although it's not specific flashpoint info) is that tanks aren't really supposed to tank everything in tor. You need to grab the hardest hitting things and as much as possible of the rest, dps are meant to take care of the really little stuff. So don't stress too much if you don't have aggro on everything.

I'd just like to say that like is mentioned in here already, even if you don't read up on the bosses beforehand don't be afraid to give it a go. I'm level 40 Powertech tank and have tanked several of the instances so far w/o much beforehand prep and the most we've wiped is a couple times on any particular boss. I played a DK tank in WoW for a long time so that may help me with just general tanking knowledge regarding placement and movement. For some reason HK-47 in The Foundry comes to mind as the biggest pain to get my whole group together and focused. The one thing I love about this game and will also play to your advantage as an up and coming tank is since the game is so new you'll find lots of the dps/healers in your group also are unfamiliar so they are not opposed to learning together as you go. It's really refreshing to get in a group and all of us work together to figure the right way to go after different bosses and pulls in general. It really makes group play and "pugging" fun again, something that I lost in WoW. I wouldn't group unless I was with my guild because the asshat:cool ratio was so off in pugs. Personally I've found tanking in SWToR to be really rewarding and just super fun. Funny too because I was a bit tepid to get started tanking as I started leveling. I got a whisper from a heaer basically begging me to tank a run for them. I said sure, they had been looking for an hour for a tank, that seems ridiculous. Anyhow I think we wiped 4-5 times on the run but the group was so awesome at learning/figuring it out what went wrong. It sort of renewed my faith in humantiy so to speak, been tanking all the pugs I can since. Pretty fun, Anybody needing a tank on the Anchorhead server look up Oshey-Powertech extraordinaire....... Sorry so long and not really directly addressing your question, just a stream of consciousness......
    Necroshie - Affliction Warlock of Sargeras (US) Alliance

Deleted
    The Black Talon (7-10), Empire only.
    The Esseles (7-10), Republic only.
    Hammer Station (13-17), Empire and Republic.
    Athiss (17-21), Empire and Republic.
    Mandalorian Raiders (21-25), Empire and Republic.
    Cademimu (25-29), Empire and Republic.
    Boarding Party (29-33), Empire only.
    Taral V (29-33), Republic only.
    The Foundry (33-37), Empire only.
    Maelstrom Prison (33-37), Republic only.
    Colicoid War Game (37-41), Empire and Republic.
    The Red Reaper (41-45), Empire and Republic.
    Directive 7 (45-49), Empire and Republic.
    The Battle of Ilum (48-50), Empire and Republic.
    The False Emperor (48-50), Empire and Republic.

If you want details per boss, you can google on the flashpoint name, theres legion of info out there.

also as a tank/dps, you want to be on the high level value of each flashpoint, the low value is mainly for healers.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2012-01-24 at 06:33 PM.