Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Guild Wars 2 PvP roundtable With ArenaNet

Interesting interview on PvP in Guild Wars 2:
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012...vp-roundtable/

Just finished listening to it. Seems siege suits are bigger versions of asura golems.

Also some nice info on the thief and the Mesmer.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-01-24 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been waiting for this

Deleted
    I'm delighted that the Mesmer is retaining it's "Harassment" style. I love it even more that the Illusions can actually confuse people. Without a doubt I'm rolling Mesmer; I love fucking with people's minds in games.

Thanks for this.

Deleted
    Good, I loved it! Thanks
    The PvP will indeed be awesome!

Deleted
    Thanks, was a nice read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like fun, can't wait for Beta and release!

You know its a good sign when most of the interview the game designers were talking about how much fun they were having playing their own game.

I have read better interviews, the AMA for example... to less specific for my taste, I'm looking forward to the WvWvW News this week.

After this I feel that keeps in WvWvW are similar to Battle-of-Kyhlo-like-maps. Man that would be awsome. Did anyone else understand it this way?

Deleted
    Excellent interview - thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thekrakens View Post
    You know its a good sign when most of the interview the game designers were talking about how much fun they were having playing their own game.
    Yeah, and not in a fake sort of way.

One of the most amazing matches, that I’ve had, was I was actually playing as my Mesmer and we were down 300 to 480; It was just not looking good. So I called out “Stall, stall, stall!” which just meant, “stop all the control points and don’t die”, because we didn’t want them to get anymore points.

It actually came down to us stopping all the 3 control points at 499, and we were at 300. We were able to come back and won 500 to 499, and a lot of that was the Mesmer bouncing around and creating chaos. People thought they would be fighting me at a certain point but those were just my illusions. Then they would kill those and I would be back capping another point. I was using portals and running around taking two different points at once; bouncing back and forth between them creating a lot of chaos. I couldn’t stand there and take it like the other classes can, like the Warrior or a Guardian; the Mesmer is not nearly as strong, but creating all that chaos allowed us to come back in the game. It was a really fun game.
    Oh....oh....OHHHHHHHHH OOOOHHHOGHWOJHWEOIJHGWIGJWGIEJ.

oh my god.

I is excitement!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good interview, great info on PVP and balance. The discussion on the capability for mesmers is a bit worrisome though. I understand that Mesmers are supposed to be powerful in tricking their opponents, but it seems they have a bit too much leeway the way they describe em. I just hope they don't become the class symbol for Griefers in PVP settings.

Other than That I think I might make a Mesmer as my second character.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Good interview, great info on PVP and balance. The discussion on the capability for mesmers is a bit worrisome though. I understand that Mesmers are supposed to be powerful in tricking their opponents, but it seems they have a bit too much leeway the way they describe em. I just hope they don't become the class symbol for Griefers in PVP settings.

Other than That I think I might make a Mesmer as my second character.
    I think they pretty much said how to deal with a mesmer using clones and a thief using stealth. Just AoE the crap out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think they pretty much said how to deal with a mesmer using clones and a thief using stealth. Just AoE the crap out of them.
    I think that's cool because it gives AOE a usage against 2 classes, even if it's just 1vs1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I think that's cool because it gives AOE a usage against 2 classes, even if it's just 1vs1.
    yea im pretty sure the clones wont be the ones hightailing it out of there once u start aoeing. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah I want to play this game so baddddd

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I have read better interviews, the AMA for example... to less specific for my taste, I'm looking forward to the WvWvW News this week.

After this I feel that keeps in WvWvW are similar to Battle-of-Kyhlo-like-maps. Man that would be awsome. Did anyone else understand it this way?
    They said that keeps will have partially destructable terrain/structures, so yes, it's similar and the same exact tech being used, I'd imagine. Destructible/usable environments are going to be a mechanism used in the game regularly and it seems like they're pleased with how they've put that tech to use.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2012-01-24 at 11:47 PM.