High Damage Pantheon Builds?

I recently started playing Pantheon and I have an idea on a build, but I feel like it needs some tweaking.

Currently going for

Dorans Bladex2 < Brutalizer < Merc Treads < B.F Sword < The Bloodthirster < Pick Axe/Long Sword < Last Whisperer< Phage < Youmumus < Frozen Mallet

The few times that I have played Pantheon, I have managed to win every game with my team around the 30 minute mark, so I havn't had a chance to get a good late game build... After frozen mallet would it be appropriate to get an infinity edge, or just go for a tanky piece?

Thanks for help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not do both and grab an Atma's? Seems fairly glass cannon that build, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Why not do both and grab an Atma's? Seems fairly glass cannon that build, though.
    Great! Thanks! I would go practice in a custom with bots but they are ridiculously easy. The only real way to test this out would be with players.

Is there something I'm missing or Frozen Mallet is better than Warmogs now?
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    The slow on Frozen Mallet would make it a better DPS item than WARMOGS. Warmogs, well it is armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Pretty much. Though it lacks the regen, you don't need to stack it up and the health gain isn't that much higher on a Warmog. Warmog's still isn't a bad choice, but FM is slightly more offensive and the slow is really nice. When coupled with Atma's, the 20 attack damage on the Mallet pretty much even out the +dmg gain you'd get from the additional health on Warmog.

IF you want to try the build out just wait for the new bots. Probably in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Pretty much. Though it lacks the regen, you don't need to stack it up and the health gain isn't that much higher on a Warmog. Warmog's still isn't a bad choice, but FM is slightly more offensive and the slow is really nice. When coupled with Atma's, the 20 attack damage on the Mallet pretty much even out the +dmg gain you'd get from the additional health on Warmog.
    Yeah, I noticed last night at saintvicious' stream. Every tanky dps just went Frozen Mallet and sometimes Atma's. I guess is better overall, but I was asking if it got changed or something cos a few patches ago noone really bothered with Frozen Mallet besides one or two around there.

10+ Year Old Account
    FM didn't. Atmog's received a small nerf, toning it down some.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Warmogs. You get around the same amount of AD from them now w/an Atmogs, so Frozen Mallet is just more utility with the slow.

Oh, there it is. Well, it was bound to happen anyway.

I haven't played Pantheon in Summoners Rift in quite a while. When I did go solo top though, my build was roughly

Vamp scepter -> wriggles -> boots (Probably merc treads) depending on the team -> Phage -> (From here it's all depends on the game and personal preference) go either warmogs/triforce/Fromallet. If the have casters owning right after phage, rush a Banshee veil. Once You have one of those 4 go Atmas impaler. After that you build what's best suited for the team and the fight, Finish your phage if you haven't already. Sunfire cape isn't that bad for panth AFTER Atmas, extra Hp = Damage + aoe dps.

IF the game is going well and you see that there most likely won't be a late game, you can rush a Blood Thirster and nuke people fast. However for late game he is much more suited as a bruiser, mostly because he literally jumps into the enemy teams faces and then stands toe to toe with them until someone dies or successfully flees, which as he has no escapes most likely won't be him. In all seriousness though, pure ad Pantheon gets really badly shut down late game if the enemy team knows what they are doing. Where tanky dps Pantheon is an annoying threat all game, but still he is at his strongest early game.

In Dominion

My build is somewhat really really open.

Prospectors Blade -> Boots -> Potions x2 -> Phage. After this, you literally counter the biggest threat with the best item against him. If it's stealth build lightbringer. Heavy AD team -> Build armor, depending on who, you build different armors.
    AP Team -> negatron mantle
    If the game is pretty even build a Triforce : Because extra MS is win, you will almost always have the proc up from harassing.
    I have played against many many pure ad pantheons, and not once did they win against a build that countered them (usually because the team is full AD).
    Pure AD Pantheon is if you want to end the game quick, or you suspect the enemy team won't be building tanky items
    Last edited by Elial; 2012-01-27 at 02:04 AM.

+99999999999999999999999999

Saw a strange build a few games ago:
    4 Dorans into Bloodthirster into Phantom Dancer. While he got 3 kills vs GP on top, he continued to score and ultimately, pentakilled us. I will never let my buddy play GP again.
    Dunno if viable or troll build, but at least, effective to some extent.
    I would probably prefer a more standard approach for top lane. Since Pantheon imho has a piss-poor farm, I build Wriggles first and then maybe something like Bloodthirster with Frozen Mallet with Atmas?
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.