Deleted

[Macro] Target random target possible?

I had an idea for an interrupt macro, something like this

Tab (with melee range)
    Target the target within melee range
    Cast interrupt
    Target last target
    (I know how to write the macro, just wondering if its possible for the target)

So - you wouldn't need to target the mob thats casting, just be underneath them. You press the button, whoever is nearer gets selected and interrupted, then targetlasttarget.

I understand this is possible with PVP because you can just macro it to target targetnumber1 etc (for arena). So I was wondering if there was a way to target a target without defining a name.

Thanks ^^

Well you can always do

/targetenemy
    /cast Interrupt
    /targetlasttarget

but /targetenemy is the equivalent of tab, there is no range conditional we can use on this anymore and the results of tab are as unpredictable as ever. In theory it should work. Whether in reality it will target the mob you want it to target is anyone's guess.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply buddy. I remember there being the tab range modifier - way back, but couldn't remember the syntax.

So that is removed now? Shame - not really worth it then.

Yeah it's removed. Looking through some old macros on Google there used to be sap ones that looked like this
    Code:
    #showtooltip Sap
    /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast [harm,nodead] Sap

But you haven't been able to change the targetNearestdistance for at least two expansions. So the one Sedivy posted is about as good as it can get.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator