Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ednerr View Post
    I changed the IP address in the ipv4 properties and as soon as i validated settings and exit, a windows troubleshooter window popped up. It said DHCP was no enable for local area connection and says it fixed the issue. Could this have been the problem?
    Well, when you change the IP to a static one, you're technically not using DHCP since that assigns the ip for you. Do you notice any difference in the performance? Although it is sort of interesting that it just now says it's not enabled now that you went to static, DHCP is only used to get a dynamic IP instead of using the static one...
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Hmm..DNS server should be your router IP, but you said you changed it. Have you checked with services.msc and stopped then started the DNS and DHCP clients?
    I didn't really change the router IP because the router is not even showing up on the network map. I just used the open DNS server addresses but it was sooo slow and half the time didn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really change the router IP because the router is not even showing up on the network map. I just used the open DNS server addresses but it was sooo slow and half the time didn't work
    Well the DNS server by default is your router's ip, which according to your copy paste is...192.168.0.1
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

There is a substantial change in performace when multitasking now but it still hangs on websites that have media on there page such as vids or high res pics.... I'm really confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Hmm..DNS server should be your router IP, but you said you changed it. Have you checked with services.msc and stopped then started the DNS and DHCP clients?
    no it doesnt need to be..his router is looking at those IPs anyways if thats his ISP's DNS servers

OP try using 8.8.8.8 as your DNS server..its google's public DNS server, see if this has any affect on it

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a substantial change in performace when multitasking now but it still hangs on websites that have media on there page such as vids or high res pics.... I'm really confused
    Ok, have you changed to a static IP or did you go back to letting it set it for you after that pop up said it was fixed?

I went back to letting it set it for me, or obtain the addresses automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went back to letting it set it for me, or obtain the addresses automatically.
    I would try going to a static IP and testing the results. If it's a lot better, restart the services I mentioned and go back to letting it set them for you.

Alrighty, thank you for the help everybody!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrighty, thank you for the help everybody!
    I assume everything is fixed?

Well it was fixed until about 2 hours ago and it just completely went down again so I'm having to use the open dns servers again. And I disabled netBIOS over tcp/ip and everything is working fine. Still slow on some loadups but idk what to do anymore.

http://dns.comcast.net/dns-ip-addresses.php

Try entering your service provider's DNS servers.