Deleted

What Class to roll as alt?

hey guys

So i have a lvl 50 Powertech at the moment which i really like, however i always wanted a lightsaber class so think i will roll one as an alt. however i wanted to know before this a couple of bits of info:

Firstly I am rolling republic, they are a massive minority on my server so I want to join then, also for the alternative story.

1. which is the best lightsaber class? I was thinking shadow or sentinel (also which has the best story to motivate me to get to 50)

2. which seems the best pvp class now the games been around for a while with many lvl 50s? I rolled my BH blindly and was lucky they have been good. the operatives and mirror class seem good?

May have a few other questions but please if you can help me with these, so primarily the best pvp class and then secondly a lightsaber class is preferred. (note im not a fan of sages as theres literally a million of them though i could be persuaded to roll one...

Thanks for your time and help with the decision guys

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow is great on levelling. I just finished act 1 and the final boss (as tank specced-healer companion) never dropped me below 90% health

Consular story however...not so much IMO. Def don't go male consular, Nolan North sounds like he is missing quite a few lights upstairs as the Consular.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Shadow is great on levelling. I just finished act 1 and the final boss (as tank specced-healer companion) never dropped me below 90% health

Consular story however...not so much IMO. Def don't go male consular, Nolan North sounds like he is missing quite a few lights upstairs as the Consular.
    alt will probably be female as i have a male bh and i want this one to be opposites.

I really like the female voice actor for consular. I'm not out of act 1 yet and they story leaves some to be desired. However, it is also a pretty decent story. As a shadow you should be able to rip trough mobs no problem, and I believe they preform pretty well in pvp.

Sentinel isn't bad for solo lvling, you just have to be more aware of over pulling and knowing when to use cds. Story is pretty good from the small part I have seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eletastic View Post
    I really like the female voice actor for consular. I'm not out of act 1 yet and they story leaves some to be desired. However, it is also a pretty decent story. As a shadow you should be able to rip trough mobs no problem, and I believe they preform pretty well in pvp.

Sentinel isn't bad for solo lvling, you just have to be more aware of over pulling and knowing when to use cds. Story is pretty good from the small part I have seen.
    yea the BH story was amazing so i think others will find it hard to keep up. anyone know how smugglers are? I know they arent lightsaber based which is what i really want though. also i hear sentinels and marauders and was weak in pvp end game?

Most knight/warrior pvpers go guardian or jug. Smuggler was doing insane burst from what I read on the forum. Female voice actor is pretty good, but I don't rank her above consular. Smuggler starting planet (Ord Mantel) is pretty cool, but can't tell you any farther because that is where I ended my journey till my consular maxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am a marauder 34 and a half atm and im lovin it ^^ know its not a sentinal but its basiclly the same abilties, was specced the one in the middle until 30 when i changed too the one on the left, goes much smoother with that one, but i dono if specc rly matters until 25-ish
    but y lightsaber pew pew was pretty much the reason i got the game so ^^
    i like it and i hope u will too =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lvling a jk as an alt this time around. I usually don't playu melee classes but so far I'm having fun with the JK. Solid Snake has some good voice acting the story so far has been about meh. Not AMAZING but also not really bad. I definitely enjoyed the BH story far better though.

Deleted
    hmm whats bad about the consular story? im thinking of going shadow now, i do want to do sentinel but ive killed them so easily with my powertech that i think it would just annoy me in end pvp.

It lacks the super hero feel of other the JK at lower levels. Once you get to higher level it sounds like you get closer to this feeling. So if you don't need to be a super hero or can wait for that feeling go ahead and be a consular. That and it has the Assassin Creed 1 feel of go to planet x, assassinate (heal) target y, rinse and repeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    hmm whats bad about the consular story? im thinking of going shadow now, i do want to do sentinel but ive killed them so easily with my powertech that i think it would just annoy me in end pvp.
    Act 1 is as follows

Go to planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet

Now, I'm aware that everyone's act 1 is more or less like that, but Consular showed the pattern and monotony more than say Agent (where you are taking down the terror cells, since then it feel like you are working towards a goal
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Act 1 is as follows

Go to planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet, find master, fight master, kill/shield master, go to new planet

Now, I'm aware that everyone's act 1 is more or less like that, but Consular showed the pattern and monotony more than say Agent (where you are taking down the terror cells, since then it feel like you are working towards a goal
    ah i will give it a go and see how i find it if not i will role a jedi knight class i guess

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    As others have said, the Consular story is decent, but not amazing. I'm enjoying it, but not as much as the Sith Warrior story (only other class I've gotten anywhere on.) I think I might start enjoying it more as time goes on, I'm only on Taris (which is your first planet passed the capital on Republic side, where Balmorra is for Empire). Frankly I loved Taris so much for all the KOTOR references that I hardly noticed the class story :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Act 1 is as follows

The inquisitor story was like this as well. It sucked until the end of the ACT when it totally kicked my ass. Act 2 was better.

My opinion is to roll ALL of them, they are all really fun and the stories are all great! As for which to go first, the JK story is the best on republic side imo.

shadow. and go darkside for the red lightsaber imps are dumb they might think u are one of them and not attack you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started as a merc and rolled sage (mobility and also take the underdog side).

I do have an IA and wish all the other story lines were fun like this one... the sage story just sucks nuts.. I spacebar it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    shadow. and go darkside for the red lightsaber imps are dumb they might think u are one of them and not attack you.
    yea im doing this. red sabre to try trick them, i know i always look for saber in pvp to see if its an enemy lol