Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rise of the Bot Army FTW

Dont know bout you guys and gals...but i'm actually excited for the new Bot games. New bot champions, better strategy, bots on dominion oh my!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/r...ed-co-op-vs-ai

Deleted
    have to agree, i might try out dominion for the first time

Dominion is fun..something to play when I am waiting on a friend to finish his/her game..or when i dont feel like playing another bot(old bot) game.

I play bot games to get away from the LoL community when needed...the flames, foul-mouthed little kids, the whiners...overall....it's just a more fun experience sometimes. I have to admit thou..playing the same bots over and over again got to be a little boring.

I like bot matches when playing a quick game with my sis. But I really love Dominion PVP, might be pretty awesome with some bots thrown in the mix from time to time.

The problem with the bots now is that they are easily predicable and lane like machines. Like they never stop laning. So it gives a false sense of how a proper game works.

Would love to see some actual challenge in bot matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I like bot matches when playing a quick game with my sis. But I really love Dominion PVP, might be pretty awesome with some bots thrown in the mix from time to time.

The problem with the bots now is that they are easily predicable and lane like machines. Like they never stop laning. So it gives a false sense of how a proper game works.

Would love to see some actual challenge in bot matches.

hopefully we'll see that now....it sounds promising. have you watched the video?

Very much like the sound of these updates, always preferred to play AI...can't wait to see how it'll all work

Quote Originally Posted by bitterlock View Post
    hopefully we'll see that now....it sounds promising. have you watched the video?
    I'm watching it now. Yea, seems kinda... revolutionary for MOBAs.

Provided the bots aren't um, let us say, stupid... this is kinda amazing from the standpoint of casual players and expanding casual awareness.

One of the things that trips new players in PVP is they don't know how to deal with Casso or Wukong because they never really see those champs until that match.

Kinda yea, revolutionary for this genre. If the bots aren't derps, haha.

Just me who thought it would be something about chinese goldfarmers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm watching it now. Yea, seems kinda... revolutionary for MOBAs.

Provided the bots aren't um, let us say, stupid... this is kinda amazing from the standpoint of casual players and expanding casual awareness.

One of the things that trips new players in PVP is they don't know how to deal with Casso or Wukong because they never really see those champs until that match.

Kinda yea, revolutionary for this genre. If the bots aren't derps, haha.
    Ya definitely! Hell I've been level 30 for about 2 months now. I went up against my first Swain yesterday. I actually stayed in his circle on the ground just to find out what it did lol.

I hope the bots become hard even for players atleast for a little while ^^

Can't wait for this, I hope the AI is as good as they make it sound having them be a challenge would be nice. I wonder if we will see games where the bots actually win o.O

Another thing that will be nice is...after doing all the research on a new champ or new build...for the bot game to actually go long enough for you to complete the build....these 15 minute bot games are annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    idgaf honestly. I haven't played against a bot since lvl 5. I understand that there are people who play against bots, but they are in the minority. I'd rather have them focus on other aspects. Like stealth remake. Or Magma Chamber. Or updating old character models.

I'd love Magma Chamber map. From the MC previews I saw it seemed a copy of my favorite Demigod map.

Hate playing SR all the time as it's the same concept since DOTA. Really dull and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    idgaf honestly. I haven't played against a bot since lvl 5. I understand that there are people who play against bots, but they are in the minority. I'd rather have them focus on other aspects. Like stealth remake. Or Magma Chamber. Or updating old character models.
    Agreed 100%. But I think there are different teams working on differents parts of the game. This AI improvement team has nothing to do with the rework team, new maps or the graphic updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    I'm guessing that Riot has slightly better numbers on how many people play vs Bots. If it was such a small minority as you seem to think it is, I'm quite sure they wouldn't bother. It has to be a fairly significant portion of their playerbase or they'd simply have said "okay, let's add 6 more bots and pretend we're done here".

There are probably many casual players of LoL that play the bots. It's also a great way to bring in new players vis-a-vis HON or DOTA.

Riot definitely understand that broadness is the secret to success in F2P games.

Most of my friends are more likely to play bot games than pvp ones. They get tired of people afking or leaving or feeding. Plus, one is really doesn't like losing and with an elo system, you'll probably lose nearly half your games. I really hope this helps them be less chicken about pvp because they'll know a wider variety of characters and how to counter them. One of them asked about this the other day, pretty interesting that it actually is happening.

Am I the only one that sees this as a direct nerf to Annie bot? She won't be in half the games anymore, totally owning people.

With enhanced strategy, maybe the games will be really fun and less about Ren and Cho feeding. Maybe they could finally make "advanced" bots and leave the other two modes as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyuu View Post
    Most of my friends are more likely to play bot games than pvp ones. They get tired of people afking or leaving or feeding. Plus, one is really doesn't like losing and with an elo system, you'll probably lose nearly half your games. I really hope this helps them be less chicken about pvp because they'll know a wider variety of characters and how to counter them. One of them asked about this the other day, pretty interesting that it actually is happening.

Am I the only one that sees this as a direct nerf to Annie bot? She won't be in half the games anymore, totally owning people.

With enhanced strategy, maybe the games will be really fun and less about Ren and Cho feeding. Maybe they could finally make "advanced" bots and leave the other two modes as is.
    Honestly? The less I see of the Annie bot, the better I will be.

Amen to that. /gospel music

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Honestly? The less I see of the Annie bot, the better I will be.

Amen to that. /gospel music
    Annie bot has been replaced by super-intelligent Brand Bot... a new wave of terror floods mid lane.