Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're better on the old map, but still easy. They're bad on Dominion.
    I really don't see what they praised about these bots, they're still way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They're better on the old map, but still easy. They're bad on Dominion.
    I really don't see what they praised about these bots, they're still way too easy.
    Compared to the old ones they are a vast improvement.
    Even if the difficulty could still use some tweaks the new bots alone make it worth wild.
    The whole annie-bot mid got kinda boring.

the bots play dominion better than most players. the bots actually go for objectives and fight in teams on dominion. unlike players who try to 1v4 in mid.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-05 at 02:28 AM.

Deleted
    Just have to point out that I just played against lux bot and she opened fights with ultimate and wasn't even range for the rest of the abilities most of the time.

Agreed. While the bots may still be cake for level 30 summoners who are playing ranked games now, for players that are still leveling or on the low elo end the new bots really make it more interesting. I too hope they implement a hard level at some point for added challenge.

I will say that I feel that some of the stronger bots are definitely better than your average non-level 30 solo queue, and they will punish a team that has no teamwork or coordination. Dominion on intermediate can be a real challenge sometimes depending on how good your team is, some of the games I played we curb stomped them, and the other half our team would get owned in the early game. Oddly none of the games ended with a very close score.

So far strongest bots I have seen have been wukong, shyvana, cassieopia, karthus, and Ryze (I swear he is completely 100% better than his old version). Some bots also seem to have issues... There was a swain bot in one game that went 1/13/2 and it just seemed like the AI didn't know how to play him.

Another thing I noticed is that the bots seem to be a lot better at buying items, although they all tend to build somewhat tanky. Pretty much every game I played just about every bot champ had over 3k health or very close to that.

Team coordination for the bots is really their strong point, and they definitely will go for the gank if they can. They also turret dive on me bunches.

So far strongest bots I have seen have been wukong, shyvana, cassieopia, karthus, and Ryze (I swear he is completely 100% better than his old version).
    Yea, before the new bots came along I said in this very thread that Karthus/Cassio bots would be tough. They must have a higher APM than most human players and with their respective Qs, they seem to land those abilities with pinpoint precision. Cassio will waste no time in hitting her full combo with near 100% accuracy if she lands that Q. Need to fix Karthus Ulti however. The bot will waste it a lot.

I play LoL casually and dominion is def. more enjoyable to me than SR. So these 15-20min matches are great, quick fun for me so far.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-04 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, before the new bots came along I said in this very thread that Karthus/Cassio bots would be tough. They must have a higher APM than most human players and with their respective Qs, they seem to land those abilities with pinpoint precision. Cassio will waste no time in hitting her full combo with near 100% accuracy if she lands that Q. Need to fix Karthus Ulti however. The bot will waste it a lot.

I play LoL casually and dominion is def. more enjoyable to me than SR. So these 15-20min matches are great, quick fun for me so far.
    Saw Karthus bot doing a triple kill few games ago with his ultimate :|

Swain bot is mean bot

Fiddle bot is pretty hysterical with the fear + ult. They've improved (I've seen a fiddle bot flash after a fleeing Poppy while ulting, was incredible), but not so much that they are actually a match for any decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Saw Karthus bot doing a triple kill few games ago with his ultimate :|
    Played against Malzahar bot in a dominion game, landed a triple kill and a quadra kill in the same game. I was not apart of either one but it was hysterical to see it pop up on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Fiddle bot is pretty hysterical with the fear + ult. They've improved (I've seen a fiddle bot flash after a fleeing Poppy while ulting, was incredible), but not so much that they are actually a match for any decent players.
    Know what you mean, played today as cass, was my first time with her usally do jungle or melee ad, an i just thougt wow this bot is insane as soon i saw him casting his ulti i tried tio get away, but he got me every fucking time because the milisecond after the ulti goes up he fear and im dead, never seen a playerwith this reaction^^

but after all they are bots and a way to easy for a player who knows the game

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    Know what you mean, played today as cass, was my first time with her usally do jungle or melee ad, an i just thougt wow this bot is insane as soon i saw him casting his ulti i tried tio get away, but he got me every fucking time because the milisecond after the ulti goes up he fear and im dead, never seen a playerwith this reaction^^

but after all they are bots and a way to easy for a player who knows the game
    Yeah, their reaction times are what make them deadly. I've seen a Trist rocket jump and ult at the same time, which kills someone, and she uses rocket jump again pretty much before she hits the ground. Its just their predictable behavior makes them easy to overcome.

About an hour or so ago, I was playing with a friend. The Amu bot actually bandage tossed to their wraiths to escape death while we were attacking him. He wasn't aiming for a player who moved or anything, he purposefully used it to escape.

Deleted
    i honestly can't even tell the difference with the new bots. they are no harder at all. just a larger selection of champions, who can throw skillshots and just have different skills in general.

ryze and annie bot were often terror before when they got their items and now the new bot fotm is fiddlesticks, because of his fear > ult combo. that's pretty much all he can do though, so does it make him difficult? not really, just different.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not intended to be difficult for experienced players. If that's what you're looking for, you're naturally going to be disappointed.

Reds explicitly stated they tuned the difficulty to be roughly on par with what it was and they severely toned down a couple of the bots. This was done solely to widen the roster, give 'newer' players a chance to encounter something other than Annie Bot / Shen bot et al. and get used to some different champions. I think they did a good job with how the bots use the abilities, particularly on Intermediate.

I do hope that, now that the ground works are in place, they'll add an 'Expert' bot mode, which does give the people pining for more challenge what they want out of it: a hassle free game which doesn't involve farming up to 70-0-2 stats.