Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Air force wins wars. They make sure nothing is moving when the marines finally show up.
    Perhaps in a straight up country v. country fight but as we see in Iraq and Afghanistan it is Marines and Army doing foot patrols that is weeding out insurgents not just blanket carpet bombing.

which is better air force or navy? im considering joining either one of those when im 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I too am considering joining the military. I'm finishing up my last year of college, so it's going to be a while(like 8 months).

I looked at the PDF that Buckwald posted, and I'm 6'4", and I weight only like 205 pounds. In the past 6 months I went from about 195, to 205, but from sitting on my ass, not lifting weights. Am I too assume, I need to lose ~10 pounds of fat, and gain ~20 pounds of muscle before I can join the Army?

Granted, I'm more or less interested in either the Air Force or the Navy, but I cannot imagine their scale would be all that different.
    If you are finishing college get in touch with your schools ROTC department, why enlist when you can get commissioned. Better pay, don't get treated like ass, don't have to live with other dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Perhaps in a straight up country v. country fight but as we see in Iraq and Afghanistan it is Marines and Army doing foot patrols that is weeding out insurgents not just blanket carpet bombing.
    Even so, the Air Force has an astronomically higher kill-count than all the other branches put together. I'm aware that kill count isn't directly linked to victory goals, but its hard to deny that they aren't getting the most action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranth View Post
    which is better air force or navy? im considering joining either one of those when im 18
    Completely depends in what you want out of your time in service... there is no universal 'better'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyranth View Post
    Navy has better food, air force has better living standards. They both pay similar, with AF paying slightly more in certain positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even so, the Air Force has an astronomically higher kill-count than all the other branches put together. I'm aware that kill count isn't directly linked to victory goals, but its hard to deny that they aren't getting the most action.
    If by action you mean pressing a button from 10,000 feet up... yeah they're getting action.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 08:09 AM ----------

Navy has better food, air force has better living standards. They both pay similar, with AF paying slightly more in certain positions.
    Exactly what he said about air force living standards as for navy food... i lived on a navy ship for 7 months and thought it was fucking awful.

Inb4 'my branch is better than yours'

Ahhhh, too late. :P

I'm actually going to MEPS next Wednesday....my username should give you an indication of my target job.

Military thread caught my eye pretty quick

Air force wins wars. They make sure nothing is moving when the marines finally show up.
    Marines show up first and leave last =)

Airforce is chair force=) you have very little chance of being an actual fighter
    Last edited by Cottonmouth; 2012-01-25 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PJSand View Post
    Inb4 'my branch is better than yours'

Ahhhh, too late. :P

I'm actually going to MEPS next Wednesday....my username should give you an indication of my target job.

Military thread caught my eye pretty quick
    Yep, you do one of the cool jobs in the AirForce, we had a JTac attached to us for a couple missions, he had so many cool toys.
    I don't think one branch is better than the other it's all relative.

Deleted
    if you are worried about being deployed into a warzone, go with the airforce, aka chairforce. I'm being serious, btw.

Yep, you do one of the cool jobs in the AirForce, we had a JTac attached to us for a couple missions, he had so many cool toys.
    I don't think one branch is better than the other it's all relative.
    Heh, I don't do the job yet. Still plenty of hoops to jump through. I know, I was just giving you guys a hard time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by action you mean pressing a button from 10,000 feet up... yeah they're getting action.
    I dunno, man. You ever listen to radio chatter from f15 pilots? When those guys start running ground strikes, they start panting and screaming like they're getting off on watching the bastards burn. It can be pretty intense.

Plus you get to feel like god because there's literally nothing that the dudes on the ground can do to stop you.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    if you are worried about being deployed into a warzone, go with the airforce, aka chairforce. I'm being serious, btw.

get the fuck out of this thread -.-

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-02-06 at 04:05 PM.

Nothing to argue about..20% of the airforce flys and 80% has nice cushion seasts

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, man. You ever listen to radio chatter from f15 pilots? When those guys start running ground strikes, they start panting and screaming like they're getting off on watching the bastards burn. It can be pretty intense.

Plus you get to feel like god because there's literally nothing that the dudes on the ground can do to stop you.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 08:18 AM ----------

get the fuck out of this thread -.-

Yeah I'm sure it's intense and I did have Spooky save my life once, but as for intensity... one of my buddies got the 2nd confirmed knife kill in Iraq so.... whoa just noticed that 'get the fuck out of this thread'... the hell did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    Wrong. I Have deployed 4 times in 5 years (all 4 were between 6-8 months) and all were in warzones. Baghdad, Balad, Bucca, and now Shindand Afghanistan. Every single branch has their admin types that sit in chairs, and while i do not mind the better "quality of life" that the Air Force has that is all realitive to where you are. I do not understand why (except maybe people watch too many movies) people seem to think that the Army and Marine Corps do all the work while the Navy and Air Force twiddle their thumbs and sit around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm sure it's intense and I did have Spooky save my life once, but as for intensity... one of my buddies got the 2nd confirmed knife kill in Iraq so.... whoa just noticed that 'get the fuck out of this thread'... the hell did that come from?
    It wasn't directed at you, it was at the other guy.
    You I like.

Your buddy is one insane SOB though. I can't even imagine getting up close enough to knife a baddy. He's gotta have balls the size of grapefruits >.>

Quote Originally Posted by rtard View Post
    Wrong. I Have deployed 4 times in 5 years (all 4 were between 6-8 months) and all were in warzones. Baghdad, Balad, Bucca, and now Shindand Afghanistan. Every single branch has their admin types that sit in chairs, and while i do not mind the better "quality of life" that the Air Force has that is all realitive to where you are. I do not understand why (except maybe people watch too many movies) people seem to think that the Army and Marine Corps do all the work while the Navy and Air Force twiddle their thumbs and sit around.
    Funniest thing I heard was my buddy who did 2 tours of iraq infantry back in 04...he walked up on an army base with 6 of his 15 friends after being ambushed. The army people were singing and laughing and had crab every friday and were complaining that friday all they got was crab. You tell me who has it tougher because I have never seen or had crab

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask a recruiter specific details and information, you should take what we say on MMO champ with a large grain of salt (as amazing as we all are)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rtard View Post
    It all sucks in it's own special way... people feel that way about the Army and Marine Corps because if you look at the KIA's coming out it's pretty much all Army and Marine Corps.