Thread: Rainbow 6

Rainbow 6

I'm talking about the original R6, on PC. I played a ton back in the day and was in a number of #1 guilds, and also reached #1 on the main singles ladder (not to toot my own horn lololol). But seriously, I'm looking to get my hands on the best FPS ever made and I don't care how much it costs. I miss it, I love it, I am yearning for it. Let me know if you can find a link to it, thank you vetty, vetty much.

Guess I should say I'm looking more for a direct download... direct2drive/steam type of service.

Quote Originally Posted by inzomniak View Post
    Guess I should say I'm looking more for a direct download... direct2drive/steam type of service.
    You should check google since a fast google search netted me tons of links.

Rainbow 6 is definitely one of Clancy's best books, in my opinion. It was right in the middle of him hitting his peak, right during/after Debt of Honor and Executive Decisions. It definitely has some of the best scenes of the whole series in there, and seeing Ding develop into a leader is only matched by Clark begrudgingly becoming a desk jokey.

Sure, you can technically download it and whatnot, but I still prefer the hardcover version, personally.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Rainbow 6 is definitely one of Clancy's best books, in my opinion. It was right in the middle of him hitting his peak, right during/after Debt of Honor and Executive Decisions. It definitely has some of the best scenes of the whole series in there, and seeing Ding develop into a leader is only matched by Clark begrudgingly becoming a desk jokey.

Sure, you can technically download it and whatnot, but I still prefer the hardcover version, personally.
    I think hes looking more for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You should check google since a fast google search netted me tons of links.
    Suppose I screwed up my Google search but I didn't find any for direct download.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post

While I completely agree with you, and R6 is one of my favorite books ever... timtim89 is correct, I'm looking for the PC game

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the games age, you might find it extremely difficult to find it for download. I checked gamefly before hand it wasn't there. If you've checked steam already and its not there as well... I think you might be SoL

That's what I was thinking... t.t

gog.... i didn't even think of gog for some reason lol... THANKS!

I loved the Rainbow 6 series....especially the 2nd one (expansion)....loved it.

Wow I haven't thought of Rainbow 6 in a while. So many fun times in that game.

And Rogue Spear! What a great successor.

Deleted
    Played the game and read the book. After I read the book, i played the game again, and loved it even more, because I now knew the story behind the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rainbow 6 is honestly one of the best shooter franchises in the industry. Shame it's so underrated, because it's honestly far and beyond better than Battlefield or CoD. Its always amazing to see the level of teamwork and tactics that R6 requires, rather than the mindless psychopathic clusterfuck that CoD not only allows, but rewards.

hey all,

glad to see replies. R6 is the best multiplayer FPS i've ever played. some of the old school players from mplayer and ms zone are playing on voobly now, i played a few games tonight, kicked ass, and am hooked again. we need more people to play to get this thing going again... voobly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    That, and the original Ghost Recon were the best memories I've had, I still play them today. Booting it up on other computers and playing LAN with friends is so fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember playing Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon to death back around the turn of the century; amazing games. Good times.

If I could play them still today (without them looking so dated :/), I'd be all over that like white on rice.

It's a shame the newer R6 and GR games aren't as intelligent (which, ironically, is a word Clancy tries to associate his name with) as the classics...