1. #1

    Darkness II demo is out.

    PC version is out on steam.

    Just played through it. It's gory and fun. The graphics are stylized cell shading, no eye opener but still good.

    However I'm on the fence about buying it.
    Most of the demo I did all my kills by doing a grab and then a finish move to achieve 30 points(standard kill is only 10+5 points)these points are used to upgrade your skills/powers.
    I'm afraid that going through the entire game doing this could get tedious.
    Personally I'm not a fan of games that take this approach of having to kill my enemies a certain way to achieve maximum points.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-01-25 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Nothing tedious about eating your enemies hearts ^^ nomnom

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,316
    Already pre-ordered through Greenmangaming.com, got it cheaper than Steam there, not going to try the demo out as it may ruin a part of the game when it's finally out :P

    In consideration of the first game, I think it's gonna have a variety, and not just the same crap throughout the game.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

  4. #4
    the darkness 2 main game is nothing like the demo though as the main game has 4 players you can play and such. Overall I had fun with the demo myself.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Already pre-ordered through Greenmangaming.com, got it cheaper than Steam there, not going to try the demo out as it may ruin a part of the game when it's finally out :P

    In consideration of the first game, I think it's gonna have a variety, and not just the same crap throughout the game.
    Actually just to give you a heads up, the demo specifically said it is content that will not be seen in the final game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,156
    I remember thinking the first one was pretty neat ( I only rented it) but I hated the demo its just another hack and slash game with shitty gameplay.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Actually just to give you a heads up, the demo specifically said it is content that will not be seen in the final game.
    That´s not actually true since it says

    "The content is specifically designed for this demo and will not appear in the final game in this order"

    This is very common in demos that they jump somewhere in the middle of the game and start you there.

    The one above me that said the game will be nothing like the demo because it as 4 player coop is partly correct but the main campaign and the coop campaign are totally different campaigns, the coop one is called Vendettas and is a totally different campaign.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    That´s not actually true since it says

    "The content is specifically designed for this demo and will not appear in the final game in this order"

    This is very common in demos that they jump somewhere in the middle of the game and start you there.

    The one above me that said the game will be nothing like the demo because it as 4 player coop is partly correct but the main campaign and the coop campaign are totally different campaigns, the coop one is called Vendettas and is a totally different campaign.
    Ah, my mistake then. It was like 3 AM and I was dead tired when I fired it up last night, doesn't surprise me that I missed something like that lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Minrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deep six.
    Posts
    628
    Found it enjoyable havent quite made up my mind about paying 60 dollars for it.

  10. #10
    The controls felt a bit weird on PC, mainly the demon lash. Was still entertaining nonetheless, and since I loved the first so much, I'm contemplating buying it.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Minrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deep six.
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The controls felt a bit weird on PC, mainly the demon lash. Was still entertaining nonetheless, and since I loved the first so much, I'm contemplating buying it.
    Yea I actually had to make an adjustment to the controls to improve my experience.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Yea I actually had to make an adjustment to the controls to improve my experience.
    For those who wants to know if they're going to spoil anything by playing the demo:
    The demo is the first 10-20mins of the full game with a few cut scenes from later parts of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •